Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My wife got locked out of the 3 tonight.. not sure how that bodes for my X reservation….

Keycard not working, car unresponsive to unlock/open frunk/trunk commands. Got her inside with help, but reset didn’t help. I’m going to hear about this when she gets home with the kids after the car is towed… 😫

Reactions: Elixir
My wife got locked out of the 3 tonight.. not sure how that bodes for my X reservation….

Keycard not working, car unresponsive to unlock/open frunk/trunk commands. Got her inside with help, but reset didn’t help. I’m going to hear about this when she gets home with the kids after the car is towed… 😫

Everyone dumps on keyfob but it's awesome and prevents this situation.

Edit: only the locked out. Not sure why the car would be dead without warning.. Maybe dead 12V.

Reactions: studioloft
Am usually a pretty optomistic person,added all my infomation on ordered MXP.... Am thrilled that there have been viner's & deliveries. Tonight I looked at the #'s on the spredsheet . There are actually 289 orders listed & only 21 with VIN #'s.☹️ Unfortunatly the new world order has effected everything & everyone in many ways...... Like somone mentoned before we have to keep everything in perspective ...... At this point I'll be checking in with all of you great Tesla supporters & enthuisists weekly- no more daily checkins . Good luck everyone....🌎🤔🙂👍

All Tesla and most other EVs get them. Regen braking means no pad to rotor contact to knock of the rust that naturally forms on the rotors from condensation and splashes. Also means your car will make some scraping noisy on winter mornings when regen is low and for the first time in a while, the brake pads will touch the rotors and scrape the rust off. It is nothing to worry about.
Well, I was pretty sure I had read somewhere that Tesla had patented a unique surface treatment for the brake rotors to prevent/stop rust, so I was a bit bothered to see that.

Previously I had (long ago) learned that GM /Chevy had a similar patent and treated the Chevy Volt brake rotors to prevent rust, so when I read that about Tesla it surprised me and that’s why it stuck with me.

So that said, seeing the rusting brake rotors is kinda a bummer. Maybe not a big deal but a little bit of a bummer nonetheless.

It must have been assigned within the past few days. I check my account about once a week.

The vin ends in NF3275XX (blue/white, 6-seater, 20", no FSD). I will update the spreadsheet once I get contacted by Tesla about potential delivery. One could understand that I don't quite believe any of this is real until I get contacted by Tesla. There have been so many delays and teases with the web portal updating and then reverting back to its previous state since last year when I ordered.
What was your EDD timeline? Jan - feb? TBD?

Did you get it today? When was last time you checked for it? Also, can you post VIN minus last two digits. And what was /is your EDD?
Congrats!
Yes just got it today. Perhaps couple hours ago . I was looking over it for a few seconds, honestly couldn't believe this is actually happening :)🤣🤣

VIN 7SAX------3274XX