Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,

So I had an opportunity to stop into my delivery centers and speak with a Tesla Staffer.

I’m not going to say where but it’s located in the North East. I’m not saying whether it’s a female or male to protect them from any issues. Here is what I learned.

When I told them I was looking for info on my MX order they said… “like mine?” It seems they are in a similar situation as many of us having ordered the MX over 6 months ago with no idea of when it’s being built…. so they were willing to investigate my order. They went through several screens and kept stressing how much futher along I was them most of their MX orders.

I was told I am in “Build Status”, They said there is
  • In Production
  • Build Status
  • Staged
  • Null (this being a new order it’s hardly been processed/planned)
This person is in regular contact with the MX planning team which decides which config happens and when. I was told there are multiple things happening which is causing chaos right now making it hard to lock in plans.
  • When will Austin come online? What will that ramp up look like? When can Austin take all of Freemont’s MY orders?
  • Once Austin takes all the MY orders it will free up the Freemont MY line to be converted to a 100% MX line.
They told me that although they are making 6 seaters now, the speculation is they will be pivoting probably to the 7 seater and 7 seater Plaid.

They told me because I’m a 2020 order holder I am in the Priority Que which means when they actually begin building the 5 seater I’ll get “one” of the 1st ones shipped to the East Coast. Also already being in “Build Status” it means when they begin planning the MX 5 seater build group my car will be in the first group to be planned for building. All that said they do not believe my MX will arrive before late spring. They expect their MX to arrive a few months later when the 6 seaters begin production again, although that could be accelerated if MY stops being made in Freemont sooner.

Lastly I asked about the info that Tesla is making East Coast MX’s first, then the Mid West MX’s and then West Coast MX’s to make the big end of quarter push. They said that’s not happening currently. All the Northeast service centers have been getting a trickle of MX’s. No large delivery but one or two here and there. If the East Coast / Mid West / West Coast approach were true…. They would have received a large batch in Nov which did not happen.

So, that’s what I have to share. Take it with a grain of salt as I do most posts.

Happy New Year!
I have never heard such a large pile of “sugar” in my life. No offense to the poster, but this is not just crap, it’s creatively bad crap. The SA should get the annual “Best BS SA Story for 2021” award to make a customer go away. Maybe he actually is on the forum with his SA buddies and having a contest to see who can get the most ridiculous story posted by years end. 🏆

Hi All,

So I had an opportunity to stop into my delivery centers and speak with a Tesla Staffer.

I’m not going to say where but it’s located in the North East. I’m not saying whether it’s a female or male to protect them from any issues. Here is what I learned.

When I told them I was looking for info on my MX order they said… “like mine?” It seems they are in a similar situation as many of us having ordered the MX over 6 months ago with no idea of when it’s being built…. so they were willing to investigate my order. They went through several screens and kept stressing how much futher along I was them most of their MX orders.

• In Production
  • Build Status
  • Staged
This person is in regular contact with the MX planning team which decides which config happens and when. I was told there are multiple things happening which is causing chaos right now making it hard to lock in plans.
  • When will Austin come online? What will that ramp up look like? When can Austin take all of Freemont’s MY orders?
  • Once Austin takes all the MY orders it will free up the Freemont MY line to be converted to a 100% MX line.
They told me that although they are making 6 seaters now, the speculation is they will be pivoting probably to the 7 seater and 7 seater Plaid.

They told me because I’m a 2020 order holder I am in the Priority Que which means when they actually begin building the 5 seater I’ll get “one” of the 1st ones shipped to the East Coast. Also already being in “Build Status” it means when they begin planning the MX 5 seater build group my car will be in the first group to be planned for building. All that said they do not believe my MX will arrive before late spring. They expect their MX to arrive a few months later when the 6 seaters begin production again, although that could be accelerated if MY stops being made in Freemont sooner.

Lastly I asked about the info that Tesla is making East Coast MX’s first, then the Mid West MX’s and then West Coast MX’s to make the big end of quarter push. They said that’s not happening currently. All the Northeast service centers have been getting a trickle of MX’s. No large delivery but one or two here and there. If the East Coast / Mid West / West Coast approach were true…. They would have received a large batch in Nov which did not happen.

So, that’s what I have to share. Take it with a grain of salt as I do most posts.

Happy New Year!
FWIW, I’ve been, along with many others here, in Build Status since the summer. Means nothing.

Hi All,

• In Production
  • Build Status
  • Staged

Happy New Year!
I am also a 6-seater Nov 2020 order and I still don't have my car so don't get to hopeful to be the first to get a 5 seater :)

Reactions: IAMCCF
Hi All,

• In Production
  • Build Status
  • Staged

Happy New Year!
I doubt they would convert the whole line to MXPlaids given there are probably (just a wild guess) 20 outstanding MXLR orders for every MXPlaid order….

Unless you can find a workaround, if you change anything except FSD you will have to pay price difference and also likely move back EDD
They have told me there is a workaround and the only thing that would change is reduction in price. I'm not sure if that'll actually be the case though. I didn't like the look of the 20" so I upgraded to 22". The current 20" wheels look better, plus the range is greater with 20".

I don't want EDD to get pushed back, or actual delivery date for that matter. I don't know if the 'new' 20" are even available yet so it might delay delivery. Currently I'm showing February, which changed from January a few weeks ago.

They have told me there is a workaround and the only thing that would change is reduction in price. I'm not sure if that'll actually be the case though. I didn't like the look of the 20" so I upgraded to 22". The current 20" wheels look better, plus the range is greater with 20".

I don't want EDD to get pushed back, or actual delivery date for that matter. I don't know if the 'new' 20" are even available yet so it might delay delivery. Currently I'm showing February, which changed from January a few weeks ago.
I'll add config if anyone is curious:
Silver, 7seater, white interior, 22" wheels,FSD

Hi All,

• In Production
  • Build Status
  • Staged

Happy New Year!
Did a Tesla intern write this

I decided to take a trip to the Raleigh, NC SC to see if there were any X’s en route, but they said there were none currently in transit. However I was told that they delivered a white LR X last week. That’s the only one they’ve delivered. So it looks like at least one has made it here to NC.
I got my X Monday in Schaumburg. Tuesday I went to a hair appointment. The girl is commuting to the Milwaukee area, because her fiance has a trucking company near Schaumburg. They brought in two Xs Monday. One wasine...crazy. They run Teslas alot. I was surprised they'd only bring 2 not 6. Figure out who the local transport company is 🤣.
What are the odds?
Shes the same person who's friend doesn't like the yoke, because she cant smoke while driving. 🤣🤣

Thank you! The impact was weird. What did me in was the 2nd impact where my head slammed against the steering wheel. Didn't take too much to knock me out for a moment and subsequent concussion. Still seeing a neurologist and chiropractor. What I will say though - the inside cabin of the car was untouched! The body of the X absorbed all of the damage quite well but the frame was bent to the point where the fire department had to cut the door off to get us out. But that is largely why I decided to buy another X - I can speak to how structurally sound and safe the car is! The one thing I will say is that I thought the airbags should have deployed but they did not. I am told that even though the impact was fast enough the impact sensors themselves were not hit hard enough.

Moral of the story, in retrospect - I am a firm believer that the Model X is one of the safest cars you can buy! If you know WhamBamTeslacam on Youtube he reposted my full story a 2nd time in his video today at 18:01 into the video.
Yjis is meant to be funny, but another vote for the Yoke. So happy you're safe and sorry for the ongoing issues. Mechanically it would make sense why the X is so safe. My second one two.

Reactions: studioloft
I’d like to ask whoever has had experience taking delivery at the SC and payed cash. Im taking delivery tomorrow, a model Y ( I asked over at the Y waiting room but that thread seemed to have fizzled out). The text said to pay now but there was someone some pages back who had issues at delivery and said to not pay until you see your car. Would it be alright to pay at time of delivery, either by cashiers check or ach?
Someone on here got VINed and paid 11/30. VIN removed...Tesla has his money.. I got VINd the same day 11/30..arranged Insurance. I too was UnVINed. I just got my car Monday this time I waited until the Delivery date and time was in my app, then paid. Worked great. I don't think they'll take even a cashiers check. Needs to be a wire or through the app.