Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You're right. We've had SAs tell us that deliveries haven't been happening when we clearly had pictures of them happening. In other cases, SAs claiming certain wheel configs (20s and 22s) weren't shipping yet. Mine claiming I should have had mine last year. They are as clueless as we are. I guess if I was them and kept getting bothered by everyone, I'd start telling everyone a far away date too just so they've leave me alone. I can see him smiling with his feet up on his desk thinking, "I'm a free man for 6 months."
If I was an SA at Fremont answering the phone I’d tell model X folks that unfortunately due to supply chain issues we are running low on Unicorn Farts to make the X and that’s why it’s taking so long….and I’d be just as accurate as all the other SAs.

What the…. Seriously? I think that does it for me. If true, I will be switching to a MSP. I will email my guys now.

First Betty White dies. Then Bob Saget. And now my MX dreams. This year sucks.
I ordered a white w/ black interior plaid, 20” wheels five seater in June 2021. Got a text today that they are changing me to the six seater at no additional cost.
Confirmed 5 seaters will not be produced

Finally got a call through to the Fremont factory direct number on Friday… and got some bad news.

I ordered my 6 seater Model X LR on 2/27/21. Blue exterior, white interior, and FSD. Current EDD in the portal is February. Delivery is supposed to be DC area.

The rep at Fremont looked up my RN number and said I won’t get my car before July. “February is just a placeholder.” I asked if they’d even started production on my car, and he checked and said no.

I can’t wait for my Model X, but it’s disappointing to be misled with a fake delivery date, when they have a real internal estimate that’s 6 months later…
First Commandment of the Model X waiting room:

THOU SHALT NOT BELIEVE ANYTHING AN SA TELLS YOU BECAUSE THEY DON'T KNOW “SUGAR”
Now go say 10 Hail Elons and dont let this happen again. You are forgiven

Is it just me or does anyone else feel like something is wrong again? We had a massive surge of VINs end of November (a lot were taken away only to come back to other owners 🙄) but its been like two weeks or so with very little VINing taking place... My sister getting her X has made me very anxious/jealous..
In other news: (I know this isn't the S forum)
I talked with my SA and new MSLR should be ready for pickup 1/19 which should hold me over till the X arrives

In light of the upcoming FSD price increase, I want to share my FSD experience for those who are considering adding it. Personally, I'm glad I got it. The yoke was made for FSD and it's helpful when you have a bunch of kids in the car, competing with the road to get your attention. I use it every day during school drop-off and pick-up.

FSD is able to recognize traffic lights, stop signs and lanes well. It does better with more cars surrounding it than when you're driving alone on a small street. This is expected since it uses radar. In regards to the lane change feature. I find it quite effective. As a safety precaution, FSD requires the driver to confirm before it makes a lane change. This feature can be turned off, which I did. Then, the car is able to maneuver when it feels safe to do so based on its algorithm. Contrary to other experiences I've read, the car can execute quite quickly.

Here's a link to a video I took while using FSD on city streets this morning
The smart summon feature is interesting. I have not had enough time to play with it as much as I would like. The last time I tried, it went to my neighbor's driveway instead of finding me in mine. I guess it's close enough, but that maybe user error as much as car error. For those not familiar, summon is when the car move forward and backward in a straight line. Smart summon is in Beta. It's supposed to be able to find you within reasonable distance and navigate itself to avoiding obstacles when coming to you (or a target you set). Imagine never having to be in the rain again because the car can meet you at the curbside. Well, that's the goal anyway. The jury is still out on this one.

Self parking is a hit or miss feature. When it's able to locate a parking spot, the car parks itself sufficiently. However, it doesn't detect parking spots as often as I would like it to. I believe this is a feature best used with other cars surrounding it due to its use of radar technology. I find that I can park much quicker by doing it myself than by using this feature.

In short, you should spend that extra $10K now before the price go up. If you have buyer's remorse you can take it off later but you can't get it for the same price if you wait.
Shouldn’t be using radar, Tesla Vision only

I went to a Tesla Store in Boca, Florida. SA pulled my order with my telephone number and estimated my car to be delivered in second quarter instead of February as stated on my reservation currently. It appeared the SA had enough information on my order to give me that piece of information. Looks like the EDD is going to be changed again by end of this month.

I went to a Tesla Store in Boca, Florida. SA pulled my order with my telephone number and estimated my car to be delivered in second quarter instead of February as stated on my reservation currently. It appeared the SA had enough information on my order to give me that piece of information. Looks like the EDD is going to be changed again by end of this month.
What’s your order date?

mine seems very confident about the same. Interestingly she told me they would only be receiving plaids for a while right before we started seeing the first plaid deliveries. Honestly no clue if she actually knows or has gotten lucky but she’s been accurate in everything she’s told me, unfortunately.

• Informative
Reactions: Zygote1975 and Stro
I ordered a 5 seat Long Range MX on 11/30/2020. My current delivery date is February, but I'm in the Southeast US, so I'm guessing late spring. The thing is, in the 405 days since I ordered, I have moved to a new state, gotten divorced, and am no longer sure that a MX is the right Tesla for me. I got changed to the refresh with the $2000 discount. What I'm wondering is if it makes sense to take delivery of the MX whenever it comes and resell it. I live in Florida and I'm not sure what the tax situation is on selling cars. I assume that I will still take delivery in Atlanta and would want to sell it there so as to not put miles on it driving it to Florida. Does anyone have any insight? Unless I was able to make a decent amount of money, I don't think it would be worth the trouble.

• Love
Reactions: studioloft
Is it just me or does anyone else feel like something is wrong again? We had a massive surge of VINs end of November (a lot were taken away only to come back to other owners 🙄) but its been like two weeks or so with very little VINing taking place... My sister getting her X has made me very anxious/jealous..
In other news: (I know this isn't the S forum)
I talked with my SA and new MSLR should be ready for pickup 1/19 which should hold me over till the X arrives
Simple, year end push. No incentive now for Tesla to push out X’s.

I’ll approach this from the other side and say it’s definitely not worth it. 😀

Everyone has differing opinions, right.

I chose the monthly subscription, which I would recommend prior to officially buying. Most people that I know that try the subscription end up canceling.

I plan to cancel after I play with the FSD beta a few more months. The in-city FSD (beta) is an adventure to say the least. Not even close to being ready for prime time.
I agree on this. Very much a beta. My main use is for my stock investment. Figure I’ll double down on TSLA if it starts to rapidly improve.

Reactions: jbrowdy