Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Now we know if Tesla has a delay due to more covid outbreaks, who to blame. 😉

I’m so lazy to do that, that I bought me an iPad mini that I now use when visiting this site. It shows it all. But text is too small and my vision is getting worse. May upgrade my eyes this year.
Hey we know an eye doctor but he might only work on kids. Maybe he’ll make an exception for such an important task as seeing what the interns have changed your delivery date to :).

Mine is 1492 9321 0159 xxxx. I keep missing the last 6 digits or so, will need to record the screen to make sure I've got all the digits before it disappears.
Time for a new excel column!
Y’all gonna decipher the secrets like the Da Vinci Code. Soon we will have more info than the SAs and we can call them and tell THEM when to expect our model X to arrive so they can prepare for our delivery appointment.

Y’all gonna decipher the secrets like the Da Vinci Code. Soon we will have more info than the SAs and we can call them and tell THEM when to expect our model X to arrive so they can prepare for our delivery appointment.
whats-in-the-box-the-da-vinci-code.gif

looking-up-scared.gif

%D0%BC%D0%BE%D0%BD%D0%B0%D1%85-monk.gif

Non-Plaid. 6 Seat LR Blue, 20" Black Interior. What makes you think I won't be getting one anytime soon?
Yeah there are people that have ordered a year before you and still don't have their car yet. Unless Tesla majorly screws up prioritization of order (which is possible), you probably wont be getting your car for 3-6 months.

Edit: My guess is the SA is trying to weed out people who placed orders but don't actually plan to go through with them, so they can have a more accurate idea of real orders.

Yeah there are people that have ordered a year before you and still don't have their car yet. Unless Tesla majorly screws up prioritization of order (which is possible), you probably wont be getting your car for 3-6 months.
It has become apparent that fulfillment has been based on multiple different variables, order date is only one of them and even then it seems to be grouped in batches. So its entirely plausible that his may get fulfilled before those waiting >1 year.
Is it fair, of course not. Has it ever been though???

It has become apparent that fulfillment has been based on multiple different variables, order date is only one of them and even then it seems to be grouped in batches. So its entirely plausible that his may get fulfilled before those waiting >1 year.
Is it fair, of course not. Has it ever been though???
Yes, plausible, but not likely. There a couple instances of July\August orders that were delivered, but I believe all cases were due to the original VINner not being able to take delivery in 3 days (I think in all cases due to unable to secure financing). So it sounds like this SA is trying to make sure that isn't going to happen to anyone in their area.

Looking at the order spreadsheet we have, it doesn't look like there have been any non-plaid original VINners with order dates any time after Feb 2021.

Edit: My guess is the SA is trying to weed out people who placed orders but don't actually plan to go through with them, so they can have a more accurate idea of real orders.

Bold of you to think a SA cares about anything, at all.

Update from me. Ordered Model X LR, 6 seater on 2/21/21. Received VIN on 11/30/21. Scheduled delivery on 12/5/21. Postponed delivery due the failed inspection. My initial delivery center is Colma, CA which is 35 miles away from the factory. Yesterday I was informed that my new delivery center is Fremont, CA and the car should be ready on Tuesday, 1/18/22. Tesla is so Tesla.

I have a VIN as of this morning!

Order date: 7/2/2021 Plaid 6 seat/Black/White/22/FSD.
Frustration mounts for those who also ordered Plaid before your date (obviously, not your fault). Where do you live?
Yeah, there's no rhyme or reason to it (at least on the surface). Tesla must have very good reasons they're handling deliveries they have been. The problem is they're not "sharing" their rationale with any of us -- or, by the look of things, their customer-facing staff, so their staff appear incompetent, and we're all left with wild guesses. Maybe there was some systemic problem with production and they didn't want to say anything, as situations like that tend to move markets. We all know, if a mouse farts in a Tesla factory, Wall Street picks up on it and starts to spell doom for the "...automaker struggling to meet demand."

Take @ailwin here for example. We both ordered Plaid MX, and the only difference in our respective configurations is the body color (he ordered black, I ordered white). Ailwin ordered on 2 July 2021, and I ordered THREE WEEKS LATER on 27 July 2021, yet I took delivery of my Plaid more than a week ago. We know they're not doing exclusive "batches" of white cars, then "batches" of another color because the logistics lot is bursting with cars of all five colors. We've all tried to rationalize how this can be possible, and I'm still scratching my head. Supply chain, logistics complexity, truck driver shortage, customer geographic location and, yes, configuration (especially seat config) all conspire to make delivery predictions a dark art. There are people who ordered BEFORE the refresh was announced, and they still haven't received their cars. I'm guessing my "jump the queue" delivery happened as quickly as it did because I live in San Francisco (proximity to Fremont), happened to choose the Plaid 6-seat config, and made no changes to my order.

I feel badly about this, which is why I chose (and some of you have asked me) to stay around and share insights about the early ownership experience. Tips like the super cool auto-cancel feature for (yoke) directionals, and if you're a previous owner, keeping the 4-prong NEMA adapter, keeping the sunshades that came with the original, and noticing the spacing between seats in the middle row in the 6-seat config is slightly narrower than before, seats are comfier, the contrast stitching is exclusive to the Plaid, the ambient lighting, etc. I think of it as lounge entertainment whilst everyone is waiting to take delivery 😂

I've already answered lots of questions and have posted several photos, but if anyone here has any other questions about the car itself, or wants to see snaps of anything in particular (or an angle I might have missed) I'm happy to post. Just ask.

Can you elaborate more about cabinet noise and phone conversation while driving on high way
Yeah, there's no rhyme or reason to it (at least on the surface). Tesla must have very good reasons they're handling deliveries they have been. The problem is they're not "sharing" their rationale with any of us -- or, by the look of things, their customer-facing staff, so their staff appear incompetent, and we're all left with wild guesses. Maybe there was some systemic problem with production and they didn't want to say anything, as situations like that tend to move markets. We all know, if a mouse farts in a Tesla factory, Wall Street picks up on it and starts to spell doom for the "...automaker struggling to meet demand."

Take @ailwin here for example. We both ordered Plaid MX, and the only difference in our respective configurations is the body color (he ordered black, I ordered white). Ailwin ordered on 2 July 2021, and I ordered THREE WEEKS LATER on 27 July 2021, yet I took delivery of my Plaid more than a week ago. We know they're not doing exclusive "batches" of white cars, then "batches" of another color because the logistics lot is bursting with cars of all five colors. We've all tried to rationalize how this can be possible, and I'm still scratching my head. Supply chain, logistics complexity, truck driver shortage, customer geographic location and, yes, configuration (especially seat config) all conspire to make delivery predictions a dark art. There are people who ordered BEFORE the refresh was announced, and they still haven't received their cars. I'm guessing my "jump the queue" delivery happened as quickly as it did because I live in San Francisco (proximity to Fremont), happened to choose the Plaid 6-seat config, and made no changes to my order.

I feel badly about this, which is why I chose (and some of you have asked me) to stay around and share insights about the early ownership experience. Tips like the super cool auto-cancel feature for (yoke) directionals, and if you're a previous owner, keeping the 4-prong NEMA adapter, keeping the sunshades that came with the original, and noticing the spacing between seats in the middle row in the 6-seat config is slightly narrower than before, seats are comfier, the contrast stitching is exclusive to the Plaid, the ambient lighting, etc. I think of it as lounge entertainment whilst everyone is waiting to take delivery 😂

I've already answered lots of questions and have posted several photos, but if anyone here has any other questions about the car itself, or wants to see snaps of anything in particular (or an angle I might have missed) I'm happy to post. Just ask.