Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can you elaborate more about cabinet noise and phone conversation while driving on high way
My comparison has been between my previous early pre-Raven 2019 MX P100D, and my new 2022 MX Plaid. Both equipped with the 22" wheels and summer / sport tires. Coming from the pre-Raven 2019 model, I can say DEFINITIVELY that cabin noise has improved significantly; especially at highway speeds. I wish I'd done a db comparison using the nifty feature on my Apple Watch while I still had the 2019 in my possession, but my unscientific assessment is that Tesla did a better job with noise abatement on this model. The glass, the suspension, etc. It's not "sumptuously vault-like quiet" mind you. This is no Mercedes -- but if that's what I wanted, I'd have bought one of those. There's still road noise (low-profile summer tires are loud) but it's not nearly as loud as was the experience in my previous model.

Mine is 1492 9321 0159 xxxx. I keep missing the last 6 digits or so, will need to record the screen to make sure I've got all the digits before it disappears.
Time for a new excel column!

That 16 digit number doesn’t appear to be tied to the new X order in my opinion.

I believe it is tied to the car you already have. I get the 16 digit number as well. Above it also shows Model Y, which is the car that I am viewing when I swipe left to the new car.

@usctrojan98, The model X is significantly easier to get in and out of. I have owned both. In fact, I had a model S Plaid for about two weeks. I sold it specifically because of the difficulty getting in and out of it. It just felt like eventually it was going to bother my back, and I don’t have a very significant history of “back problems“.

The model X is a dream to get in and out of. If you use the auto present feature, you literally walk up to the car, the door opens and you stop easily into it. You then hit the brake and the door closes. It’s crazy.
This is the #1 reason I ordered the MX over the MS. I think the MS looks better than the X (I know, blasphemy) but at 6’7”, getting in and out of the S is a pain. Also I found that when I was the first person at a stop light I had to lean forward just to see the light.

The MX eliminates both of those issues for me.

• Love
Reactions: TJPDX and hoda1982
Yeah there are people that have ordered a year before you and still don't have their car yet. Unless Tesla majorly screws up prioritization of order (which is possible), you probably wont be getting your car for 3-6 months.

Edit: My guess is the SA is trying to weed out people who placed orders but don't actually plan to go through with them, so they can have a more accurate idea of real orders.

Interesting guess. Two days ago I was at the local service center chatting about my order. When the SA looked up my order and saw an X and Y on order he asked about why I had both ordered? He stated his local Sales Manager was under direction by Tesla to periodically check local Tesla listings and track by VIN resales for vehicles less than 1 year old. If they find this, it is a violation of the resale clause in the RNxxxxxxx and they may refuse to sell any more Tesla's to those folks, Tesla is aware of the long order times and profits being made, even with order transfers. I didn't believe him but now, seeing your note, I wonder if there is some truth to this?

My understanding is that Plaid gets different motors than LR. Tesla specifically calls them "...high performance motors with carbon-sleeved rotors." This was the breakthrough Musk spoke about during his presentation at the Plaid S delivery event in Fremont. The carbon-sleeved rotors are what contribute to the sub 2 second 0-60 time in the Plaid S and the 2.5 second 0-60 time in the Plaid X.
I thought he mentioned they were specifically for high speed, like 200mph, so the single speed motor wouldn't just fly apart...

Good morning!

This is interesting! To all the others commenting after this saying it is not fair.. Totally, I agree. But this is Tesla were talking about. 🤷‍♂️
The reason this is intriguing is that the Plaid 6-Seat deliveries have spanned the entire order gamut. One may hope that this means orders in between are more likely to receive VINs and/or the Plaid 6-Seat only variations may be towards an end. Also @usctrojan98 love the graph!

If we think about this objectively in my opinion Sawyer is running his account properly. He has the attention of Elon Musk. If he starts asking Qs about X delivery this A. will deter Elon from his account, B. waters down the overall objective of his account which is Tesla news as a whole, C. he risks sounding whiny about an issue that there very well may be a logical explanation to and would look bad when answered.

This is true! I know the haters will say "EDDs mean nothing" which I agree to some extent.. I have a theory that EDDs are not indicative of your delivery month but are instead batch-generated based on what the expected delivery was at the time you placed your order. From what I can tell the older orders have been grouped in with those who ordered in April-June 2021 when the EDD was January. Everyone from that group or earlier now shows March 2022.

Anyways, trying to look at this glass half full. I think you're spot on with this being good news. As reported by @troyteslike on Twitter he anticipates a significant ramp in S/X production out of Fremont in Q1 2022. His estimates for 2021 were off by 3.1% - so he is somewhat credible.
I know for this thread specifically but also life in general it is very easy to subscribe to the "sky is falling" mentality. But we might actually have an end in sight sooner than later.
His numbers are pretty accurate but I think his split between S and X is not correct. His numbers were around 2900 X’s in q4 which sounds way off based the deliveries seen

Reactions: UCF3
Hey we know an eye doctor but he might only work on kids. Maybe he’ll make an exception for such an important task as seeing what the interns have changed your delivery date to :).
Best I can recommend is Neuralink v1000.45.1
“Retina display” err detail of transmission, 320Hz, enhanced blockchain security.

Coming “soon.”

Bold of you to think a SA cares about anything, at all.
I don’t know much of what’s true from any SA. Visited my local delivery center last week and was told something that did make sense. With two new Tesla gigafactories opening shortly, the SA told me that much of the M3 and MY production burden will be taken off of the Fremont factory and it can ramp up more MX production.

Interesting guess. Two days ago I was at the local service center chatting about my order. When the SA looked up my order and saw an X and Y on order he asked about why I had both ordered? He stated his local Sales Manager was under direction by Tesla to periodically check local Tesla listings and track by VIN resales for vehicles less than 1 year old. If they find this, it is a violation of the resale clause in the RNxxxxxxx and they may refuse to sell any more Tesla's to those folks, Tesla is aware of the long order times and profits being made, even with order transfers. I didn't believe him but now, seeing your note, I wonder if there is some truth to this?
Well I wasn’t intending to sell anytime soon but that’s a substantial note of caution for ANYBODY who might think of flipping the car!!!

I don’t know much of what’s true from any SA. Visited my local delivery center last week and was told something that did make sense. With two new Tesla gigafactories opening shortly, the SA told me that much of the M3 and MY production burden will be taken off of the Fremont factory and it can ramp up more MX production.
Sounds like more and more SAs are reading this thread. If you’re an SA…

Welcome to your real training.

My reservation EDD went from February to TBD today.

Order date: January 29, 2021
Order number: RN11444
Config: Plaid Red/White with Carbon/6 Seat/22"/No FSD
Unprompted, I just got a call from the Mt. Kisco Tesla location to confirm the details of my registration transfer, trade-in, and financing. They said they have no specific date or details about my order but just wanted to verify that info. My EDD still shows TBD.

I asked if they have had any Plaids come through yet, and she said that there have only been LR deliveries at their shop so far.

FWIW.

Reactions: lexus26