Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wishing that the Model X gets the same dark grey base wheels that the Model S now seems to be getting. Let's see what changes once they start that ramp up.
I just looked and saw that as well. They look nice as the base tire. If MX got the same treatment Tesla may sell less of the Turbine wheels!
1623178887039.png

Reactions: TrevTremaine
Got a question on the credit check and trade-in. It's probably going to be 8 months till delivery, maybe even more. What's the point of them doing the credit check and trade-in photos mileage etc. now? Won't they have to redo everything again 8 months form now?

Got a question on the credit check and trade-in. It's probably going to be 8 months till delivery, maybe even more. What's the point of them doing the credit check and trade-in photos mileage etc. now? Won't they have to redo everything again 8 months form now?
That is correct. You don't have to do it right now as the rate will expire before you ever receive anything from Tesla.

Reactions: s373n
I just want to ask WHY MODEL 3 AND MODEL Y DO NOT DELAY AS S AND Y??????
Umm...different production lines for one - there's a line for the 3/Y and another for the S/X (2 different platforms). Existing S/X line needed extensive work for the refresh, testing of S/X took longer than expected. It's also possible that something big will be announced come Thursday. Much of it will come out later on what the challenges are.

At least someone has now confirmed that they've got a VIN for a refreshed S now - and will be delivered at the meeting on Thursday. Hopefully, the X will start next month (Musk indicated X would start builds a month after S). Keep your fingers crossed.

It appears that Model X RN holders are much more patient than the Model S insane clown posse. And the wait is even longer, and monthly sales even higher normally! I am a bit puzzled. Are a bunch of you just posting on the S thread? Will the madness shift over here? Thanks for the much easier to follow thread here. The other one is just bonkers.

It appears that Model X RN holders are much more patient than the Model S insane clown posse. And the wait is even longer, and monthly sales even higher normally! I am a bit puzzled. Are a bunch of you just posting on the S thread? Will the madness shift over here? Thanks for the much easier to follow thread here. The other one is just bonkers.
I post over there more than here. I think most of us know that they are first inline to receive the refresh and the Model X is coming after. Happy to see one of them get a VIN today, finally. Our time is coming. Patiently waiting. I still need to get around to installing my wall charger. Not in a rush since my due date is showing November now.

I post over there more than here. I think most of us know that they are first inline to receive the refresh and the Model X is coming after. Happy to see one of them get a VIN today, finally. Our time is coming. Patiently waiting. I still need to get around to installing my wall charger. Not in a rush since my due date is showing November now.
Makes sense. It’s good to see the progress on the plaid S. I am waiting for the CyberTruck, but following here since i want to see how the refresh is. I almost waited for it, I needed my X just a year too early.

100% agreed. However, now that the refreshed Model S is officially getting into owners' hands, the expectation will grow. It would be nice to hear and see something significant happen over the course of this month that means Tesla is actually getting production rolling for the Model X as expected. Gabeincal's drone flyovers have become a great way to see what's going on. I hope he continues this until we see things stabilize.

I'm expecting VINs to start by July 10th. Fingers crossed.

Reactions: Kaos_X
Has the MX always had the ultrasonic sensors on the rear bumper? Noticed in the configurator that the rear bumper has the dots that would indicate this one has visible ultrasonic sensors (that I don’t think were there before?). Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Has the MX always had the ultrasonic sensors on the rear bumper? Noticed in the configurator that the rear bumper has the dots that would indicate this one has visible ultrasonic sensors (that I don’t think were there before?). Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

They are flush in the bumper. 12 are located in the front and rear bumpers and the front half of the fenders in the front and rear.

Tesla has a patent on that tech and has leveraged it since 2013.

Reactions: MxTaycan