Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If I had to guess I’d say they’re going to do an option package for track work that’ll include the 200mph wheel/tire package and a brake upgrade eventually. Those brakes the cars delivered with yesterday don’t seem like they’re designed to stand up to track work with solid iron rotors. At least need to let them float when you’re putting that much energy into a brake or they’ll do all kinds of weird crap. Unless the new motors can regen a lot better than the old ones and the battery and charging system can be kept cool enough to support the regen neither of which seems easier than just putting a proper brake on the car

Did anyone else notice that MS LR epa range dropped yesterday to 405 miles from 412 miles est. range

Not a huge decrease but presumably LR MX est. range will also drop ~7 miles when epa range is eventually released.
I not only noticed it, I saw it happen during a post-reveal youtube stream on Thursday evening. They were showing the page with 412 and then someone in their chat said something that made them reload the page and it switched to 405 right then. So, it happened right after the Plaid reveal ended. This morning I watched another youtube channel go over the announcement and mention the 412 range while actually showing the page with 405, so it went under their script writer's radar as well.

Did anyone else notice that MS LR epa range dropped yesterday to 405 miles from 412 miles est. range

Not a huge decrease but presumably LR MX est. range will also drop ~7 miles when epa range is eventually released.

If it carries over, it will be a ~10 mile loss in range for the X. Assuming cd differential is the same -- X has a much larger frontal area and is way less efficient but hopefully they improved on it somewhat like they did with the S but it will still relatively be worse.

That being said, the heat pump and other efficiencies will make the range achievable and reliable in more weather conditions which is really what you want rather than just a label of what *could* be possible.

The S and X share the same platform. They'll be the same drivetrain, battery and systems. 6/7 seat X does have extra PTC and evaporator for third row HVAC and that'll necessitate some modification with the new system.

I've got my LR X order in. Kids getting too big for the S.

The S and X share the same platform. They'll be the same drivetrain, battery and systems. 6/7 seat X does have extra PTC and evaporator for third row HVAC and that'll necessitate some modification with the new system.

I've got my LR X order in. Kids getting too big for the S.
Same here. Loved my S but with 3 kids needed more space and added functionality of the X. Refresh will be worth it.