Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone been able to actually test drive the upcoming MX LR or are they still offering the non-refresh model at Tesla "dealerships"?
Does anyone know also if the MX LR has ventilated seats or are they only perforated for aesthetics?

That is correct. You don't have to do it right now as the rate will expire before you ever receive anything from Tesla.
Thanks for confirming, I was wondering about that because somewhere I read that they won't allocate a production slot for you until you complete the trade-in / payment method part on the website following your order. Which may make sense if delivery window was 60-90 days out but not 6-8 months out.

100% agreed. However, now that the refreshed Model S is officially getting into owners' hands, the expectation will grow. It would be nice to hear and see something significant happen over the course of this month that means Tesla is actually getting production rolling for the Model X as expected. Gabeincal's drone flyovers have become a great way to see what's going on. I hope he continues this until we see things stabilize.

I'm expecting VINs to start by July 10th. Fingers crossed.
I hear you. I'm expecting once all those S's are delivered, we should start seeing some Model X's in the flyover videos. That's when I think this thread will start to take off. I'm sure the Model S thread will be well over 2,000 pages by then. We'll have some catching up to do :)

Has anyone been able to actually test drive the upcoming MX LR or are they still offering the non-refresh model at Tesla "dealerships"?
Does anyone know also if the MX LR has ventilated seats or are they only perforated for aesthetics?
No test drives yet. The dealerships don't have any that I've heard of. Same with the Model S.

All seats are heated. The front seats are vented as well per Tesla's website. Feel free to review the seat configuration page for more info. See screencap below.

1623263520247.png

Reactions: s373n
No test drives yet. The dealerships don't have any that I've heard of. Same with the Model S.

All seats are heated. The front seats are vented as well per Tesla's website. Feel free to review the seat configuration page for more info. See screencap below.

View attachment 671333
Thanks Kaos_X somehow missed out on the ventilated seats (it's under Comfort), it makes me very happy to see that they have that function it is one of my biggest gripes with my wife's MY

But is the $10K increase for new orders only or are some reservation holders seeing their price increase?
I would think it's for new orders. That said, no deliveries have happened thus far although it doesn't appear that it has from the first people who are taking deliveries tonight. It's a possibility given what happened to the orders back from pre-announcement of the refresh - everything is game for Tesla I guess.

Reactions: SteveinATX
But is the $10K increase for new orders only or are some reservation holders seeing their price increase?
In the past Tesla seems to keep the pricing on your agreement. It makes sense given the deposit is a $100 non-refundable deposit. If prices were raised on purchasers awaiting delivery I’m sure we would be hearing a lot of angry 3/Y purchasers with the incremental changes.

If the vehicle or trim is cancelled; ie, Plaid+, then it’s up in the air if Tesla would backdate to the price of the lower trim or FSD at the time you paid the deposit.

Man really sucks they pushed the date to Jan 2022, however there really isn't a ev that can match price to performance to the Tesla. I've been shopping around for months and I really can't get myself to pull on a ice. Test driven the rsq8, gle 63s, cayenne turbo, urus and the bentayga and yes they have really nice interior and really beefy engines, but for some reason feel like dinosaurs in tech and slower than my dual motor 3 which on paper all these cars should beat. In the end, I have a deposit down for the plaid, but shy of paying 170k for a taycan, which doesn't have supercharging network, Tesla really has a grasp on the ev market. People say competition is coming but don't really see a plaid X competitor. I want a ultra fast suv and right now only Tesla hit it. The cross turismo is the closest thing but to spec it to the model X plaid specs I'll have to shell out 200k :/ so I guess I'll have to bite the bullet and endure elons wonky timeline :(
I need the X ( greater than 6k lbs GVW) for dream fulfilment AND tax purposes. I will be writing off (depreciating) the full purchase price of the vehicle... But I need to purchase it this year! If it gets pushed back, we're going to buy a Sienna Hybrid minivan for the family. Yeah, I know, not at all the same thing.
But these delays are messing with my financial plans!
LRX white 7 seat ordered Feb 14.

Reactions: SteveinATX
In the past Tesla seems to keep the pricing on your agreement. It makes sense given the deposit is a $100 non-refundable deposit. If prices were raised on purchasers awaiting delivery I’m sure we would be hearing a lot of angry 3/Y purchasers with the incremental changes.

If the vehicle or trim is cancelled; ie, Plaid+, then it’s up in the air if Tesla would backdate to the price of the lower trim or FSD at the time you paid the deposit.

Sort of agree. However, what about those with orders for S/X prior to the refresh? They did take an $8K hit in order to keep their orders.

It's going to be really interesting to see where the true range ends up

If my 21 LR+, and various other trims like the updated Dual Motor Model 3 are any indication, they seem to be moving in the direction of under-promising on range a bit more than they used to. Now that it's warmer out I'm pretty consistently beating rated consumption in mine in commuting, without really trying at all.

I wonder if the Long Range X will be more like 360 miles...all the time no matter what. Heat pump, aero, etc...can't wait to see the real-world reviews come in

Plaid is just a silly sideshow just like any top-spec model since forever, halo cars are always nuts, made for nuts. If you want to see reallllly good innovation you gotta look at what they can squeeze into a car that they're not making profit hand-over-fist on. It's easy to pay for flash when the customer will pay you 40% more for it...much harder when it's not paid for by a price premium. What convinced me on Tesla, finally, was driving the cheapest model I could find and finding it to be A Good Car, possibly even a Great Car (SR+ 3)

And I still have hope the X Standard Range will come back. If the Long Range's range lands wehre I think it well, pricing a Standard Range at $75k similarly equipped to the LR would be a pretty sweet ride with pretty decent real-world range, and would hit a donut hole in the crossover lineup that the Y doesn't appear poised to fill anytime soon and that would make a compelling case if sticker price-limited tax credits become the norm

Here's hoping that $69,999 starting price isn't just a placeholder

Last edited:
Reactions: DIL
I wouldn’t say it’s fair but I can see an argument being made that the pre-refresh was an old model that was cancelled. This is different as it’s the exact same vehicle with a raised price.
They play silly with that naming. I had a 1-10-2021 order, knowing that the plant was shut. They increased the price $10k, because the OLD one was the LR+, the NEW one is the LR (missing the +) so different car(ahhhh). They gave option to get $100 back, as THEY broke the contract with the new naming. Well, I call B.S. Just symantics really as they are the base unit X, oh and for $10K more get 11 miles less rated range, so that is a great deal. Right.....

Well, Eve is doing great! Putting on lots of miles on the 9-2020 built used LR+ we bought last month. No heat pump, but has a real steering wheel and stalks, and with the $10k increase, she was a deal (HA! )

View attachment 671333
Anyone know if the Model X 6/7 seaters will have a 2nd A/C like previous years? I couldn't find any additional information other than the Tri-Zone A/C which seems like all seat configurations get.

Reactions: croman
Not only are there no new MX on lots, I suspect they purged out the old ones just before the refresh announcement. We couldn't get a MX for our second test drive in early January as "we don't have any Xes at this time".

Reactions: s373n