Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New member and first time Tesla (soon-to-be) owner here! My Tesla Account screen changed this morning, not sure if this is a good sign that I'm on track for November delivery. Did anybody else's order page change recently? Ordered 4/15/2021. Also, unfortunate that my credit check from April has expired, now they have to do an additional credit pull thus dropping my score a few points.
What do you mean it "changed"? Was it showing later than November before?

New member and first time Tesla (soon-to-be) owner here! My Tesla Account screen changed this morning, not sure if this is a good sign that I'm on track for November delivery. Did anybody else's order page change recently? Ordered 4/15/2021. Also, unfortunate that my credit check from April has expired, now they have to do an additional credit pull thus dropping my score a few points.

Still the same here. Ordered 4/10 still shows January

What was your previous delivery date?

Still the same here. Ordered 4/10 still shows January
Deliveries keep pointing to Jan 2022 except for some early Jan- March orders and now an April order above. I still think they will try and push out a large batch of orders by the last week of Dec. It doesn’t make sense, based on the minor body changes, that they would go almost an entire year with no MX produced. Anyway thinking that gives me hope that at least Jan 2022 will happen.

Mine still showing September. I’m betting it comes in late August though. As I ordered pre-refresh, I can’t imagine there are too many in front of me. There are some that ordered in December who show August deliveries so I imagine they will roll through those people pretty quickly. We'll see. I think having the S delivered first will help iron out some production hang ups on the X and get volume production up and running more quickly.

Reactions: DIL and Tezhed9802
Canadian here - Model X LR 5 Seat. Ordered May 1st, was showing November before, but got changed to January 2022.
My sales rep is from Saskatchewan, and when they initially contacted me they had told me August or September. After my EDD got changed, I inquired about it over e-mail, but they have since stopped replying to my e-mail for a little over a week and a half so far. Tried asking the other sales rep, but not get any response either. Not sure what's the deal with lack of communication, but not really fond their customer service so far.

Ordered Jan 15, 2021 and was supposed to be ready to replace my current MX on April 9. Then was told maybe June. Can't know exactly when it started saying August because I was not monitoring closely. But feels like it might have changed some time recently. Fingers crossed its August.

Reactions: DIL
How long does the wrap lasts?
Good wraps last for years
It's not only about the competition - it's the way Tesla handles these issues. How many potential owners have walked away because of the way Tesla has treated them? Plaid+ disappeared without a clear thought as to how to deal with those reservations. There are those who have been pissed off and won't be returning. One only needs to look through the Model S Refresh thread to see it - and I'm sure they're not the only ones. So much of this could have been avoided or at least offset by properly dealing with customers.

What competition will do is to give people a solution to the ongoing issues with Tesla.
You're absolutely right.
I believe that Tesla is in its infancy as a car manufacturer. I mean, Hyundai has been in the US for 35 years and had just now (within the last few years) shaken its reputation of "they have the best warranty because they need it"

In the short term, Tesla is going to lose some of the pie to competitors. But in the long term, those competitors are going to make the pie so big that this moment in time will just be an embarrassing moment in the founding of Tesla.

Reactions: TrevTremaine
Mine still showing September. I’m betting it comes in late August though. As I ordered pre-refresh, I can’t imagine there are too many in front of me. There are some that ordered in December who show August deliveries so I imagine they will roll through those people pretty quickly. We'll see. I think having the S delivered first will help iron out some production hang ups on the X and get volume production up and running more quickly.
I ordered MXLR white 7 seater on 2/14
EDD shows "October"
It looks like they're stacking estimated delivery dates based on order date, which honestly seems more realistic than "Within weeks" as it was stated back in January. Fingers crossed!

long time lurker, first time poster.

not in the market for an X (currently have a Y) but saw a new model X in the wild today a block away from my house (SF bay area). Believe she/he works for Tesla as I have seen multiple manufacturing plates on different Teslas parked outside their home.

Had yoke steering wheel and new 20" wheels. MSM with white interior. One thing to note is on the chrome delete there seems to be a lot of fingerprints and was not matte black like the model Y. hopefully just dirty from fremont.

Didn't get a chance to snap a photo as I was late for an appt but will try to get one if it comes back again. there is hope it's coming to you all soon!

The reason that the MX with 22" wheels is 6 mph faster has to do with weight - specifically $5,500 lighter in the wallet :p

Lol yea, i was planning on getting the 20s and swapping out for some lightweight 22s, but Im planning on taking my model x plaid to the half mile a few times a year. And im pretty sure the X plaid will hit the 149 mph speed limiter well before the end. The 163mph should be fine though. I just dont know if it is a software thing when they build the car or not