Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If they knew their customers well they would know I’m about to jump ship for another company if they don’t get their act together soon and give us an update on when the X will be coming. No I’m not some Tesla hater, I’ve owned two and drive one currently. Those of us who have been with Tesla for a while now remember what it was like when we were treated well.
Sadly they won’t miss you. And therein lies the problem…. They are making them faster than they can sell them, so if they lose a few customers here and there it won’t hurt them much. It’s not like a few years ago where they needed to keep you. I think those days are gone for a while

Reactions: Vitaman
Still can’t believe that nobody asked about S&X production during the conference call. Although it sounded like other than a few live questions, they were reading from a list of presubmitted questions. I think they cherry picked the ones they wanted and probably avoided questions about the S&X.

FYI- Presubmitted earnings-call questions are managed here: Say Technologies: TSLA Q2/21 Earnings Call Questions

Anyone who is an investor can submit, and also vote for their favorite questions to be asked on the call.

The management team typically addresses the top 4 upvoted questions from retail investors, +1 from institutional investors.

There was a question submitted about the S & X ramp, but it was only upvoted to 20th place, imho because it’s not a large factor for most investors, relative to the overall business.

It’s against the rules to promote voting for any particular question, but all shareholders are encouraged to visit the site and make their voices heard.

Hopefully most of us will be refreshed before the next call, but it’s something to keep in mind for any future concerns.

Reactions: TallBill and Elixir
Sadly they won’t miss you. And therein lies the problem…. They are making them faster than they can sell them, so if they lose a few customers here and there it won’t hurt them much. It’s not like a few years ago where they needed to keep you. I think those days are gone for a while
Respectfully, I think you have this backwards. They are selling them way faster than they can make them.

The new orders for MSLR and all MX are pushed back to Feb-March. Let see our EDD will push back as well tomorrow.
I just checked yesterdays factory flyover, seems they're not delivering model S at this time. No single S was on logistics lot

And there were no VIN assignments for recent days, assuming that they're not producing model S for some reason?
From the Model S forum. What is going on?

04B56B8E-E32C-4266-80EC-1924E43B7207.png

This feb-mar thing is for new orders, and I’m pretty sure that the factory is tooling up to start production. Just a few pages ago in this thread someone posted a Midnight Silver Model X Plaid Cream/Wood 7 Seat charging at Fremont, and just on Saturday a black one pulled in next to me at the Supercharger station. This means that the prototypes are actually being built somewhat quickly, and we should hopefully see fall delivery of early orders.

That said, if I don’t see progress in September, I may just pick up an MSP with Cream/Wood as those are available immediately and upgrade to an MXP later on.

5C1F8B81-6FA2-460B-ADA0-CC51221A49EB.jpeg

Can I get some input?

Already have a 7 seater model x, 75d that’s mostly relegated to city and short trip use. We have 3 young kids, and plan on keeping our new x for at least 8–10 years. We already have a long range x 7 seater on order but likely going to change to six seat. At same time I’m debating switching to a plaid.

While a base LR is quick enough, I just like that even as the car gets old, there is always going to be one feature it has that keeps it relevant and fresh. But at the cost of 20 miles of range? Even when I trip plan a ten hour trip, I don’t see much of a difference between the LR and plaid. What would you guys do? I have to go with 22s, I just can’t do the regular wheels.

If they do a 40/20/40 second row I might just have to put an order in, still waiting for that improvement and/or a second row armrest/passthrough to be spotted in the wild, lol

I think Tesla knows their customer relatively well. Model X, as the most expensive model, is held to a higher standard by its customers, despite it being the complicated contraption it is, we expect it to "just work"; expectations are even higher because of the excellent midsize SUV offerings from other brands; midsize crossovers are the number 1 profit driver right now and it's where all the action and all the excellence and all the R&D money is going - just look at the X5 vs. the 5-series these days. It's also owned by more families who use it as a van. That's not a customer base that can wave away simple crap just failing all the time the way early-adopter fanboys can. Timmy needs to get to soccer or Karen will be very displeased.
I do hope that’s indeed true!

OK, so where does this guy live? If Europe, then that's already known deliveries won't happen until Q1 2022. If that's North America I'm taking this guy's comment with a grain of salt and will watch for videos from Fremont. If US, did he modify his order and therefore got cued to the back of the line?

Speaking of that, here's the latest video:

Having viewed it, I don't see any net-new Model Xs - the ones in the testing area have been there for a while now. It's very hard to see if there are any in the various production/inspection lots around the factory grounds. Still puzzled as to why there's some 400+ Model Ss sitting in an offsite lot - no sign of any taken out/sold.

I cannot believe that the Model X would be another 6 months out for production to actually begin - it just doesn't make sense. If this were true, then new orders would also be much later given the backlog of existing orders, and the same would be true for European and international orders.

Last edited:
Reactions: lauraut