Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New to the forum. I ordered my Model X in Fall 2020, and due to the refresh rumors (which are no longer rumors), I didn't take delivery of my original order and rolled it over to the refresh. As such I'm one of the initial refresh orders and the delivery date on the Tesla site is currently "August" but I know that doesn't mean anything.

With the delay and my concerns about the yolk, I'm debating just purchasing some other vehicle. Does anyone know if I can "sell"/"transfer" my allocation? I received a $2K discount and with the $5K price increase, my purchase price is $7K less than new orders. Thinking of keeping my order and transferring my allocation to another buyer for a fee. Buyer gets the vehicle earlier, can go in a title the vehicle themselves, and I keep the "discount" (I could give them a portion of the discount).
I just did this exact thing with an old MY order. Buyer saved $5k and paid a portion to me. It was easier than I thought. Car configuration cannot be altered in any way or else all pricing goes up to current.

We conference called local store and emailed his details to rep who made online change that day. Car stayed in my Tesla account until after he took delivery. He used escrow.com to hold funds until after he received car (he paid a small fee for that service). IMO, that (or something similar) is the only good way to secure funds before making transfer because there was a written contract between us.

I have a May 1st order that over the past several months has gone from October to November to December to January.... Been at January for some time now. Will be heartbroken, but not at all surprised if this gets pushed back even further.

I'm considering buying out my current (Audi) lease if Tesla does not pull through - can probably get a decent resale value for if and when the X gets delivered. Also wondering if there is any way to sell this to family member (out of state) without dealing with tax issues.

Last edited:
I have a May 1st order that over the past several months has gone from October to November to December to January.... Been at January for some time now. Will be heartbroken, but not at all surprised if this gets pushed back even further.

I'm considering buying out my current (Audi) lease if Tesla does not pull through - can probably get a decent resale value for if and when the X gets delivered. Also wondering if there is any way to sell this to family member (out of state) without dealing with tax issues.
There is, in my experience, a way to transfer reservation. See my previous post.

When I try to click on my reservation on this new Dashboard page, I just get a spinning circle and it goes nowhere. I can still click on my existing Model X and Roadster. Is anyone unable to look at their reservation on the updated website?
Mine used to take a little bit to load (30 seconds or more) but after the latest site refresh, it's a tad faster (5 seconds)

Reactions: Elixir
When I try to click on my reservation on this new Dashboard page, I just get a spinning circle and it goes nowhere. I can still click on my existing Model X and Roadster. Is anyone unable to look at their reservation on the updated website?
Mine does the same thing on my computer but comes up on my phone app.
MX LR ordered 1/29 Black with white interior 20" wheels MN Sept delivery
My SA said its probably not going to come in Sept

10D73CC6-F7BC-4DE5-A963-FCB0B8841FCC.png

Still haven't seen any estimated delivery for my order (ordered June 3rd, Norway). The design studio said Q1 2022 when I ordered (still says that now), but other than that, no estimates visible anywhere. All it says is:

NEXT STEPS

As your delivery date approaches, we'll contact you to confirm your registration, payment method and, if applicable, trade-in details.

This guy said he getting his model x plaid august 1st appointment is already scheduled 👀. He been tweeting about it for weeks now not sure why no blog has picked it up and he has 27k followers View attachment 690034
I’m going to call BS on that one, surely we would have heard more of a buzz if they were starting deliveries in 2-3 days. But then again who knows Tesla logistics are a bit nutty

I’m going to call BS on that one, surely we would have heard more of a buzz if they were starting deliveries in 2-3 days. But then again who knows Tesla logistics are a bit nutty
I thought the same thing but he’s persistent that he’s getting it on the 1st. He had a previous date of july 5th then moved to august 1st. He also has a Plaid S he’s picking up Aug 1st - Aug 15th. I guess we shall see

Reactions: JER85
This guy said he getting his model x plaid august 1st appointment is already scheduled 👀. He been tweeting about it for weeks now not sure why no blog has picked it up and he has 27k followers View attachment 690034
How is this guy getting it when there's no sign of production thus far? I've never heard him complain in a public forum enough to warrant getting the service delivery like a certain MMA fighter.