Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's helpful info but you got an answer about vehicles to be used by potential buyers for a test drive. The speculation in this thread is that they may be 'test mules' which are pre-production vehicles used by Tesla test drivers to evaluate the vehicles prior to finalizing production specs. The mules are most often seen in California but are sometimes deployed to different areas. The best example I can think of was the MY being tested in cold climates prior to the new heat pump.
I'm from Florida. Is there that much difference in weather that they would test it here?

I also think we will see delivery by the end of the month. There are only 3 weeks left.
I disagree. The two MX we saw on the truck to FL were likely test vehicles as there’s literally not a single MX visible at the Fremont factory in Thursday’s flyover. Unless they have a super secret indoor inventory lot, it wouldn’t make sense to run the MX line for just a handful of delivery cars.

Prior to MSP delivery we saw dozens of them piling up in inventory outside the lines and at the logistics lot up to 6 weeks prior to June 10, and dozens of sightings on public roads.

I think if we’re lucky, we’ll get some delivered prior to 9/30 for EOQ push, imho. Otherwise, I’d expect late 2021.

I disagree. The two MX we saw on the truck to FL were likely test vehicles as there’s literally not a single MX visible at the Fremont factory in Thursday’s flyover. Unless they have a super secret indoor inventory lot, it wouldn’t make sense to run the MX line for just a handful of delivery cars.

Prior to MSP delivery we saw dozens of them piling up in inventory outside the lines and at the logistics lot up to 6 weeks prior to June 10, and dozens of sightings on public roads.

I think if we’re lucky, we’ll get some delivered prior to 9/30 for EOQ push, imho. Otherwise, I’d expect late 2021.
Unfortunately, I think this is true. There were tons of indications that the model S’s were coming before they were delivered, including a big delivery event.

Reactions: Hawk10 and Elixir
Unfortunately, I think this is true. There were tons of indications that the model S’s were coming before they were delivered, including a big delivery event.
Tesla is so weird like that sometimes. Their communication and lack of marketing is horrible… what you are saying makes perfect sense, but I can also see them just quietly and randomly start delivering MX’s without any announcement or notice.

Tesla is so weird like that sometimes. Their communication and lack of marketing is horrible… what you are saying makes perfect sense, but I can also see them just quietly and randomly start delivering MX’s without any announcement or notice.
Another thing that is weird.. I had to resubmit my trade in info (for the 9th time) since i have had a RN since Nov 2020 (current August EDD). This time I'm still waiting for a trade in estimate (its been 7 days).. usually i hear in 6 hours maybe correlated to seeing if they are actually going to deliver the car? I feel like if there was a delay to early 2022 they would have just updated everyones EDD's but i guess time will tell.

Are we sure there were no X's in the recent Flyover video???

1628516043924.png

1628516158346.png

1628516276421.png

These screenshots are from within the first 2 mins of the video.

Are we sure there were no X's in the recent Flyover video???

View attachment 694184

View attachment 694185

View attachment 694186

These screenshots are from within the first 2 mins of the video.
What's impossible to tell is whether these are the mules undergoing testing. Given that they are all virtually covered in dust and sitting in longer-term lots, it's hard to tell. At least a couple (black and white) have been sitting on the test track for a long time now.

I'm also thinking I'm seeing a couple of Model X in the Logistics lot in the furthest "X" row.

All I can say is that I'm hopeful you're right - just not going to hold my breath.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hawk10 and Elixir