Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I went to the factory myself today to supercharge my car because v3 and it was on my way. The logistics lot was filled with MY, some M3, and a couple MS. Not a single refresh X to be seen (as shown in the flyovers).

I did also check out the Factory Direct delivery lot and it had a handful of Plaid MSs in mostly darker colors with Black and Cream /Wood interiors. I did see one Blue/Cream/CF MSP parked, which was a nice combo IMO. All 21” wheels. One white/cream/wood MSLR also there.

Reactions: DIL and Elixir
So I went to the factory myself today to supercharge my car because v3 and it was on my way. The logistics lot was filled with MY, some M3, and a couple MS. Not a single refresh X to be seen (as shown in the flyovers).

I did also check out the Factory Direct delivery lot and it had a handful of Plaid MSs in mostly darker colors with Black and Cream /Wood interiors. I did see one Blue/Cream/CF MSP parked, which was a nice combo IMO. All 21” wheels. One white/cream/wood MSLR also there.
Well that’s not a great sign. Thinking the MXs in FL are mules then like others have said?

Reactions: Elixir
The thing I cannot wrap my head around is, Tesla typically honors the prices locked in at order. If they know they are going to raise the prices, why don't they already? Or are they going to lower S prices once the X is out? Specifically, X used to sell more, historically.
I think because one of the factors for the price raising is demand, so more orders and demand for a certain model causes them to raise the price….. if they have more orders than they can produce they use a price increase to slow down orders on that model….. I’m sure there’s other factors like parts availability and price but it’s a combination of things.

I'm in Jacksonville, Florida and just called our sales location and they do not have any new Model Xs on the way for test driving. They said that customers would start getting their cars before they got one for people to test drive. She looked at my account and it still shows September delivery date (not holding my breath). I ordered January 31st and orginally had an April 1-30th delivery date.

Model X LR black/black, 7 seater with FSD.

Reactions: hcdavis3
I'm in Jacksonville, Florida and just called our sales location and they do not have any new Model Xs on the way for test driving. They said that customers would start getting their cars before they got one for people to test drive. She looked at my account and it still shows September delivery date (not holding my breath). I ordered January 31st and orginally had an April 1-30th delivery date.

Model X LR black/black, 7 seater with FSD.
That's helpful info but you got an answer about vehicles to be used by potential buyers for a test drive. The speculation in this thread is that they may be 'test mules' which are pre-production vehicles used by Tesla test drivers to evaluate the vehicles prior to finalizing production specs. The mules are most often seen in California but are sometimes deployed to different areas. The best example I can think of was the MY being tested in cold climates prior to the new heat pump.