Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is how much a brand new Plaid S loses in value driving straight off the lot! 😬😬😬😬 imma have to cancel my Plaid S delivery next week and just wait on my X. 🙅🏾‍♂️🙅🏾‍♂️
1888D1FF-E137-4B52-93CA-A30C290CCFB3.jpeg

New to the group, ordered my MX LR on January delivery says September. We have decided to wait a couple of years before I buy a model X, wife got tired of waiting and went a different route. Who wants my place in line? it will be delivered to Portland OR. Let me know before I cancel the order (I ordered a 7 seater white pearl)

• Model X Long Range
  • Pearl White Multi-Coat
  • 20'' Cyberstream Wheels
  • All Black Premium Interior with Ebony Décor
  • Seven Seat Interior
  • Yoke Steering Wheel
  • Autopilot
  • Pay-as-you-go Supercharging

I dinged the tailgate trim on mine carrying an EZ-up to a soccer game this past weekend. It's probably still worht more than $91k to the right desperate fanboy or girl, lol

overpriced under-capable minivan ftw. I understand they didn't want to re-do the entire bench design and airbags and etc. just for one measly upgrade, but for stuff-hauling I really do miss that feature vs. other cars. I want my 40/20/40 bench dammit *revs sawzall*

I get the frustration. Tesla was the only non-vaporware you could count on. Now it's not. And now that the S launch has happened, it's not exactly rainbow road

But the threats to abandon the company and buy some other vaporware that is also going to have myriad and sundry issues from tip to tail and across the company, well, I mean, sounds like internet to me lol

I get the frustration. Tesla was the only non-vaporware you could count on. Now it's not. And now that the S launch has happened, it's not exactly rainbow road

But the threats to abandon the company and buy some other vaporware that is also going to have myriad and sundry issues from tip to tail and across the company, well, I mean, sounds like internet to me lol
If we slowed ICE manufacturing, it would speed EV productions and everyone can be happy. Instead, VW stopping EV production and I bet all the ICE manufacturers going to prioritize ICE over EVs. Bottom line, Tesla still most likely to get you an EV in the next 6 - 12 months.

I think if the people waiting for the X can get a temp car for a few months, all these anxiety and angst will be greatly reduced. People get upset when they have to uber for months because of the delay and i get it.
Get a used gas car or whatever, drive for a few months until your X is ready. It will be the smartest move.
Speaking from personal experience as someone who declined an X last December and have been waiting since.

Reactions: Inflighttodd
Does anybody know if there is any information out there regarding the second and third row in the new Model X? If read somewhere that legroom in the third row is improved, but can’t remember where… Also kind of hoping for 40/20/40 for second and armrest like the model Y. And maybe inclining/folding seats if you choose 6-seater.

I currently drive a Model S 100D and placed an order for the Model X plaid 7 seater. However today my S was in for service and got a Model X 6 seater as loaner. And kind of like it, so I am in serious doubt. Maybe some new information about updated seating would help making the final decision 😅

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
I just took delivery of a late 2019 raven MX, to bridge the gap. I have an MXP on order but if the ‘19 goes too underwater at the time of MXP delivery I’ll decline it and wait until they put the new batteries in.
I'm thinking the same way at this point. Of course, that being said, EVERYTHING with Tesla tends to be a randomly moving target. Although I've currently got a "September" delivery and expecting it to be delayed until January, I would HOPE Tesla got their act together on something and managed to hit their target date. Factor in Musk saying that the 4680 would be rolled out to the CyberTruck first, it's less than likely that the 4680s would get put into the S or X anytime soon.

Does anybody know if there is any information out there regarding the second and third row in the new Model X? If read somewhere that legroom in the third row is improved, but can’t remember where… Also kind of hoping for 40/20/40 for second and armrest like the model Y. And maybe inclining/folding seats if you choose 6-seater.

I currently drive a Model S 100D and placed an order for the Model X plaid 7 seater. However today my S was in for service and got a Model X 6 seater as loaner. And kind of like it, so I am in serious doubt. Maybe some new information about updated seating would help making the final decision 😅
Simple decision for myself for the 7 over the 6 - you can't fold down the middle row if you want to use the area behind the driver's row to use as cargo space. There is no perfect solution at this point - unless they fix that for the 6 seater and the 7 seater not being able to fold the middle section or have a fold down tray as well.

Such is life.

Reactions: TWENT2
Simple decision for myself for the 7 over the 6 - you can't fold down the middle row if you want to use the area behind the driver's row to use as cargo space. There is no perfect solution at this point - unless they fix that for the 6 seater and the 7 seater not being able to fold the middle section or have a fold down tray as well.

Such is life.
We went for the 6 seater because the third row is able to have more legroom and have the middle open area is nice. also we ordered white seats wondering if this will affect my Delivery date.

In this picture the top and bottom white cars are pre-refresh and the two black cars are from today's web page. The third row head is the same, perhaps the back is thinner, but the butt fold is farther aft. The middle seat default position is also further aft and I suppose moving them forward to the old leg room would give more leg room for the third row but it still looks tight.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-08-30 at 8.18.51 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-08-30 at 8.18.51 PM.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 79