Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Would it be beneficial if hundreds of people ask the exact same question? Like, should we coordinate and use ur numbers for something possibly productive?
The wait the Say Technologies site works, you upvote the questions that you are interested in. It would be better to have a thousand people (and their TSLA shares) vote for one question than to have a thousand people each post the same question a thousand different times.

FWD are a godsend for folks like me who have 2 kids still in car seats. not having to bend to get them in and situated is worth it alone. Plus my in-laws are in their 70s so when they sit in the third row it's super convenient to be able to stand up and walk out... Instead of having to crouch and contort themselves to exit like in my previous third row vehicle..... And I would be lying if I didn't admit that I secretly kind of like the attention and the wow factor when opening them in public.
Exactly this.

The headroom while accessing the 3rd row is an underappreciated feature of the doors IMO. Really strange Tesla appreciates that humans have a shape and size when making the doors, but doesn't appreciate that we also have hands when designing, for instance, the S and 3/y door handles, lol

Reactions: lauraut and JER85
If you mean Tesla, of course they have more buyers than X’s. Because they’re not selling any. We’ll be lucky to see an X before quarter one of 2022. Personally, I was hoping they’d surprise us all and get rid of the FWD. The X would be much more versatile without them in my opinion.
The FWD and the 3rd row are the reasons I'm getting an X. Our original SP85 had the rear facing kid seats but our kids grew out of them. They now want to be able to take friends along with them so I need 6 seats. I am a nerd so I love how complicated the FWDs are. I haven't lived with them yet however. Though I quizzed my SC and they said they have only had a couple that have broken and one of them the owner broke it by fighting it (apparently his partner closed the door while he was still in the doorway and when it hit his head he pushed up as hard as he could).

An X without FWD is a Y. No sale. :cool:

From the sounds of it, FWD are polarizing: you either love them or hate them.

For me, they're meh. Sure, they're cool but I'd prefer simpler/cheaper/more reliable tech. I ordered an X for the towing capacity; as an empty-nester, it's rare for me to have more than 1 passenger (+ driver).

P.S. I'm so frustrated by long delivery times and lack of transparency that I'm researching alternatives. At the moment, the Volvo XC90 PHEV seems like a good Model X alternative for my needs.

From the sounds of it, FWD are polarizing: you either love them or hate them.

For me, they're meh. Sure, they're cool but I'd prefer simpler/cheaper/more reliable tech. I ordered an X for the towing capacity; as an empty-nester, it's rare for me to have more than 1 passenger (+ driver).

P.S. I'm so frustrated by long delivery times and lack of transparency that I'm researching alternatives. At the moment, the Volvo XC90 PHEV seems like a good Model X alternative for my needs.
Interesting that people are ordering for towing capacity. I have an X and rarely tow around town. Sure with small wheels you have a 5000 lbs capacity but you also need to factor in tongue weight. Not to mention terrible range (around 50%) less despite driving pretty slow and often sitting at chargers charging to near 100. With our new x I’m looking at maybe towing a super light and aerodynamic set up but am expecting a hefty range cut.

If you are looking at towing a large trailer and going long distance frequently, I might look at another ICE option or wait for cybertruck.

Newer Xs have extra ultrasonic sensors in the inside of the door to prevent it from being closed on someone's head. I had a loaner X that was without those sensors and definitely bonked myself. That wasn't fun. Definitely didn't look cool.

That being said, with young kids, it's a big sell for me vs my current S. My oldest gets in by herself but my 3yo son can't. The S is really tough on my back.

Reactions: strider
Newer Xs have extra ultrasonic sensors in the inside of the door to prevent it from being closed on someone's head. I had a loaner X that was without those sensors and definitely bonked myself. That wasn't fun. Definitely didn't look cool.

That being said, with young kids, it's a big sell for me vs my current S. My oldest gets in by herself but my 3yo son can't. The S is really tough on my back.
Same with me and twin 3 year olds. I'm not getting younger, but could use FWD to help on a simple task.

Interesting that people are ordering for towing capacity. I have an X and rarely tow around town. Sure with small wheels you have a 5000 lbs capacity but you also need to factor in tongue weight. Not to mention terrible range (around 50%) less despite driving pretty slow and often sitting at chargers charging to near 100. With our new x I’m looking at maybe towing a super light and aerodynamic set up but am expecting a hefty range cut.

If you are looking at towing a large trailer and going long distance frequently, I might look at another ICE option or wait for cybertruck.
There are several threads about towing travel trailers with the Model X. Specifically, the Alto (good value) and Bowlus (high end) seem to be towable with usable range with the Model X. And for me, the Cybertruck is not an option - much too large for my garage.

Last edited:
There are several threads about towing travel trailers with the Model X. Specifically, the Alto (good value) and Bowlus (high end) seem to be towable with usable range with the Model X. And for me, the Cybertruck is not an option - much too large for my garage.
Check out TrailManor