Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi. Newbie here. Former owner MX90D. Sold it last Feb in anticipation of delivery of Blue LR X in April, I allowed for June/July Elon time. Hah, silly me. My order sheet on MyTesla went from April to June to October to "will reach out" to October and back to "will reach out" last week. FWIW, here's what I think is going down. MS/MX sales had been slowly declining for a couple of years. I attribute this to the Osborne Effect - potential buyers waiting for the rumored new and improved versions. When the 2021 Refresh was announced, Tesla badly underestimated the number of orders for these models that would come in. Add parts/chip shortages to complicate the process. Owners are now taking deliveries of MS's. We're still out in the cold. My guess is Tesla decided to prioritize making and delivering the 21 MS models. Since the MS and MX are done on the same assembly line, that meant we get pushed back. The spotting of new X's around Fremont and in Canada are final testing versions, normal for rolling out revamped/new products. What we'll have to wait for is for Tesla to catch up somewhat on MS orders. I'm now resigned to not taking delivery on mine until late January, my best guess. I'm willing to wait even though I'm not a yoke steering wheel fan. And I think the FWD are terrific. Great for putting old/young passengers in, easy access for items like coolers/chairs when we go to football games, etc. Dang, I wish Elon would quit being so optimistic. Really messed me up. We've been a 1 car family for 8 months now looking to go to 11. I don't recommend doing the one car thing. It sucks.

Model Xs 9-29-2001.jpg

I think these three are Xs. And they have the dark rims. Didn't see any others in the video.

Hi. Newbie here. Former owner MX90D. Sold it last Feb in anticipation of delivery of Blue LR X in April, I allowed for June/July Elon time. Hah, silly me. My order sheet on MyTesla went from April to June to October to "will reach out" to October and back to "will reach out" last week. FWIW, here's what I think is going down. MS/MX sales had been slowly declining for a couple of years. I attribute this to the Osborne Effect - potential buyers waiting for the rumored new and improved versions. When the 2021 Refresh was announced, Tesla badly underestimated the number of orders for these models that would come in. Add parts/chip shortages to complicate the process. Owners are now taking deliveries of MS's. We're still out in the cold. My guess is Tesla decided to prioritize making and delivering the 21 MS models. Since the MS and MX are done on the same assembly line, that meant we get pushed back. The spotting of new X's around Fremont and in Canada are final testing versions, normal for rolling out revamped/new products. What we'll have to wait for is for Tesla to catch up somewhat on MS orders. I'm now resigned to not taking delivery on mine until late January, my best guess. I'm willing to wait even though I'm not a yoke steering wheel fan. And I think the FWD are terrific. Great for putting old/young passengers in, easy access for items like coolers/chairs when we go to football games, etc. Dang, I wish Elon would quit being so optimistic. Really messed me up. We've been a 1 car family for 8 months now looking to go to 11. I don't recommend doing the one car thing. It sucks.
I somewhat agree. However, they are producing more MSPs than they are able to sell (due to reservations). Here in Houston, there is even one with a sticker on it sitting at the Service Center saying it's "available for purchase". Something else is going that we're unaware of.

Definitely 3 at the beginning. I saw a video a couple days ago with 1 model x. So it seems production is low but they are making them... Can we at least get some sent to people so we can watch reviews!?
The video is definitely grainy but these are all X's

1632950871544.png

and I'm pretty sure the row behind them all are also. You can tell by the headlights.

1632950941286.png

Definitely a good sign. Would have been nice to get a video from Gabe. His were always pretty clear.

Side note, my DD is still blank. Hoping November comes back.

View attachment 715966

and I'm pretty sure the row behind them all are also. You can tell by the headlights.

View attachment 715967

Definitely a good sign. Would have been nice to get a video from Gabe. His were always pretty clear.

Nice catch! I can see the front windshield have the dark purpleish color on the upper side which indicated as the Xs.

Reactions: Hebert and Kaos_X

View attachment 715966

View attachment 715967

Unfortunately, Gabe has "retired" from doing the regular videos.

Initially, I was thinking these might be the mules, but given that I believe that there were 15 produced, I'm hoping that it's some serious efforts finally.