Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Saw this one a few days ago near the factory. Love those new rims

A036DDB2-6A69-4E06-86B4-9C8AADA979D1.jpeg17FC02D0-5846-439F-B3BB-AB035DC988A0.jpeg

Shouldn’t be long now before we see some plaid deliveries too!

Does anyone else besides me find it awkward when trying to describe the very important matters discussed herein to friends or family members? I can't quite get my wife to share the joy I feel when some guy across the country posts a VIN of his car on TMC. I see the glazed look in her eyes as I try to explain to her the significance of this or that event, as I explain: "No really, thousands of people have been waiting for so long for a shred of information on their Model X, and now there's a guy who has a VIN!". Almost feels like there's a TMC world and the rest of the world.

Just wondering if it's just me....

Does anyone else besides me find it awkward when trying to describe the very important matters discussed herein to friends or family members? I can't quite get my wife to share the joy I feel when some guy across the country posts a VIN of his car on TMC. I see the glazed look in her eyes as I try to explain to her the significance of this or that event, as I explain: "No really, thousands of people have been waiting for so long for a shred of information on their Model X, and now there's a guy who has a VIN!". Almost feels like there's a TMC world and the rest of the world.

I deeply understand that. I felt that too every time when major update like today happens lol

Reactions: EndlessPlaid

My wife looks at me like I'm nuts, but then I also watched everyday on the Miata forums in 2015 as they posted where the delivery ships were coming from Japan for the first ND Miatas. :)

@2021plaid He's replying to other posts, but skirting the VIN question (so far).... Hmmmm...
He probably has a lot of higher priorities right now then answering a bombardment of questions from us.

@sunnyvaletree I think for purposes of what people are asking here, we just want to know all but the last 5 digits of the vin. The last 5 are your car's serial number. The characters before it are telling to other information such as it's year model.