Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reactions: Fulkth
BECAUSE THEY DON‘T CARE! It should be painfully obvious at this point that the Model X and Model X customers are at the very bottom of Tesla’s priority list. How else do you explain almost a year of delays with absolutely zero updates, apology, or explanation? They finally delivered a couple of X’s, after almost a full year since a single one has rolled off the line, and it got nothing more than a single tweet from Tesla. And it’s still unclear if they’ve actually started real deliveries, or if those were a one-off thing to promote at their earnings call. Yes, they could (and should, in my opinion) do many of the things you mentioned. Free supercharging or connectivity would be particularly nice, as both were included in the past, shouldn’t cost them much, and could be used to further differentiate S/X from 3/Y.
Unfortunately, there isn’t really anything that meaningfully competes with the S/X at the moment. No matter how pissed I am about how they’ve handled this, I’m still sitting here waiting for the X to be delivered, because I don’t have much other choice. They know that, and nothing will likely change as long as that’s the case. The current estimated delivery date for a Model X LR is nearly a year from now, so it’s probably a good thing for them if a few people get pissed off and leave. Hell, even if they did have lots of customers cancelling due to legitimate competition, I don‘t think Elon would care much. The S/X don’t make up much of their profit and I think the X, in particular, is near the bottom of things he cares about.
Not quite the bottom. I’d put the poor Roadster buyers a good step below.
Especially the ones who laid out $250,000 up front. 😳😵

At this point it would have made a WHOLE lot more sense to invest the $250K into TSLA at the Roadster reveal….

Agreed.... Also my kid is really looking forward to playing roblox and other games back there.... I'm going to have to break the news to him that even though Tesla said this would be possible almost a year ago, it has not happened. Luckily both of these things can be done via software so there is hope for us yet.
Maybe by the time we get our X’s we’ll get The Witcher. That would be sweet.

I hope Elon’s software guys make a Roblox app for the X. My kids would LOVE it. Rant: Roblox is one of the best developmental games they’ve played. It teaches goal setting, work ethic, planning, architectural design, even reading, all in various fun game contexts.

It’s the fact that Tesla is advancing *everything* *every day* that makes it ok for me to keep on waiting

And waiting

And waiting.

And waiting.
Red LR white interior FSD 7 seater
Hoping for 4680s and 500+mile range in 2022 deliveries hey I’m just hoping… 🤤

I'd bite if the seats fold in the 6-seat config. Otherwise, I'm sticking with the 5-seat config. Unless I bail and cancel my X order.

I really don't understand why they don't... I get that they have the auto mechanism but you would think they'd be able to engineer full folding. We currently have a Subaru ascent with captains chairs and the middle row folds completely flat.

I really don't understand why they don't... I get that they have the auto mechanism but you would think they'd be able to engineer full folding. We currently have a Subaru ascent with captains chairs and the middle row folds completely flat.
I know that Volvo seats fold flat, though not into the floor. This is what Tesla should have done. Oh well, what do you expect for $100K...

I just called the Customer Service number and used the Fremont zip code. The woman looked up my account and said there was no additional info noted on my account - no vin assignment date or anything else regarding vin/delivery, etc. I have a Red/Black LR 6 seater with 20" wheels and FSD. Ordered on February 1 and I'm in PA.

Reactions: Fulkth
Agreed.... Also my kid is really looking forward to playing roblox and other games back there.... I'm going to have to break the news to him that even though Tesla said this would be possible almost a year ago, it has not happened. Luckily both of these things can be done via software so there is hope for us yet.
Actually, the isolated rear Bluetooth may not be possible without having a separate Bluetooth receiver for the back. I don’t think a single Bluetooth receiver can handle connections/audio for the front and also separate connections/audio for the back. Maybe to implement this with just software, you essentially have to just be limited to radio or no audio from the front. I think I would be ok with that even.

• Informative
Reactions: TJPDX and gglockner
While waiting on my new X…. I test drove the Audi Etron. It’s a beautiful car, luxury, nice touches. The poor sales guy was pointing out features that my 2019 X has better, rear camera, satellite gps view. We then drove the car, I got on 95 and the guy says punch it so you can “feel” the power! I looked at him and grinned, I was punching it, the poor Audi is no match VS. my X for driving enjoyment.
I really wanted to buy the Audi as it’s more luxurious and a quiet ride. The terrible range and lack of power was the deal breaker for me.

Now I have a Tesla race waiting to see what comes in first, my LR S or my X, hoping it’s the X, not sure if I want to go back to opening doors the old way again.

I just called the Customer Service number and used the Fremont zip code. The woman looked up my account and said there was no additional info noted on my account - no vin assignment date or anything else regarding vin/delivery, etc. I have a Red/Black LR 6 seater with 20" wheels and FSD. Ordered on February 1 and I'm in PA.
Ugh. Not good for us PA customers. I ordered a Blue/Cream LR 6 seater with 20" wheels in March

Not quite the bottom. I’d put the poor Roadster buyers a good step below.
Especially the ones who laid out $250,000 up front. 😳😵

At this point it would have made a WHOLE lot more sense to invest the $250K into TSLA at the Roadster reveal….
I feel bad for those who put $250,000.00 down for a deposit. But at least they know they will not get their car for years , many of us we were told we'd have our cars in March or April.It had put down $87,000.00 which Tesla was just sitting on since January.... I'd be ballistic!

Reactions: KidsEyeDr