Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I forgot to mention, when I asked about my actual five seat order he said that it probably won’t be coming until first quarter. I died inside a little bit. I have a 2020 order for a pearl white, five seat & 20” Cyberstream wheels. What galls me is most companies would offer you something for the delay, bring back free supercharging, upgrade you to the six seat, couple of years of free connectivity, some thing for Christ sake!
BECAUSE THEY DON‘T CARE! It should be painfully obvious at this point that the Model X and Model X customers are at the very bottom of Tesla’s priority list. How else do you explain almost a year of delays with absolutely zero updates, apology, or explanation? They finally delivered a couple of X’s, after almost a full year since a single one has rolled off the line, and it got nothing more than a single tweet from Tesla. And it’s still unclear if they’ve actually started real deliveries, or if those were a one-off thing to promote at their earnings call. Yes, they could (and should, in my opinion) do many of the things you mentioned. Free supercharging or connectivity would be particularly nice, as both were included in the past, shouldn’t cost them much, and could be used to further differentiate S/X from 3/Y.
Unfortunately, there isn’t really anything that meaningfully competes with the S/X at the moment. No matter how pissed I am about how they’ve handled this, I’m still sitting here waiting for the X to be delivered, because I don’t have much other choice. They know that, and nothing will likely change as long as that’s the case. The current estimated delivery date for a Model X LR is nearly a year from now, so it’s probably a good thing for them if a few people get pissed off and leave. Hell, even if they did have lots of customers cancelling due to legitimate competition, I don‘t think Elon would care much. The S/X don’t make up much of their profit and I think the X, in particular, is near the bottom of things he cares about.

What about screen tilting? I guess that’s not happening as it doesn’t seem to be in manual. Hopefully it will be implemented through software later.
If I remember correctly Elon at some point said these cars don't even have the hardware installed (after saying would be update via software). My guess is didn't want to wait for the parts to make that work or they couldn't do it reliably in the timeframe they want. Don't worry after a majority of us wait for over a year for our X's and finally get them delivered new orders will get that and have them delivered within a few weeks of order :p

Interestingly, it's not active poor customer service... But rather passive. Better stated, poor expectation management.

February
Tesla: Line up to plop down 100k for a best in class vehicle that will be delivered in the next few weeks.
Us: DONE!
Tesla: Thanks, your estimated delivery is in 2 months.
Us: Okay, deal!

April
Tesla: Thanks, your estimated delivery is in 6 months.
Us: Mmmmkay....

September
Tesla: Thanks, your estimated delivery is _____.
Us: Ummmmmm

*Tesla actually starts producing vehicles*
Tesla: ___________

You see, not poor service like a server with an attitude... But rather poor service like an Electrify America charging station... You just expect better. (Zing)
This explains my order experience since early January of 21. This will be Tesla #5 and has suuuuuuuuucked

I ordered model X long range with FSD white with black interior 6 seater on January 17th and my rep told me today the following "Your order is still in build planning, but we have heard that you should have a forecasted build date by the end of the month. Also, they will be building primarily 6 seaters first so you are in a good spot."
You maybe in luck as they are building the 6 seater though Q1.

Seems confirmed from the S topics that there is no Bluetooth connection to rear display. So everyone in the car has to listen to Peppa Pig for three hours on the road to grandma.
I agree with the others, if my kid can't connect his own headphones to the rear screen it's useless! He'll just keep using his iPad and I paid for an unusable monitor. Wow Tesla, what a break though in cabin entertainment!

I agree with the others, if my kid can't connect his own headphones to the rear screen it's useless! He'll just keep using his iPad and I paid for an unusable monitor. Wow Tesla, what a break though in cabin entertainment!
Agreed.... Also my kid is really looking forward to playing roblox and other games back there.... I'm going to have to break the news to him that even though Tesla said this would be possible almost a year ago, it has not happened. Luckily both of these things can be done via software so there is hope for us yet.

• Love
Reactions: KidsEyeDr
I just realized the delivery center I chose for my X is currently shut down... I drove by the other day and the whole place was fenced off, the superchargers were turned off and it just looked like an abandoned building... I wonder if this will screw up my delivery :oops:

Reactions: Fulkth
I just realized the delivery center I chose for my X is currently shut down... I drove by the other day and the whole place was fenced off, the superchargers were turned off and it just looked like an abandoned building... I wonder if this will screw up my delivery :oops:
Paramus? It got destroyed by the hurricane. Funny, the year I leave NJ for FL a massive hurricane wrecks my hometown while I lay under a palm tree

Yup that's the one... I am wondering if they will automatically re-route my delivery to another location.... I am hoping that's what they do, but knowing Tesla.......
Although Paramus got shut down, they are still doing deliveries. I picked up my M3 3 weeks ago in the parking lot. At first after Ida they transferred me to Springfield but then back to Paramus.