Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got "The" call a few minutes ago. Took the switch from 6-seater to 7. Fremont resident here. Ordered Feb'21. What I was told was that the 3rd batch of 6-seaters are being scheduled right now, and expected delivery is late Dec to early January. If I hold on to 7-seater, the EDD is late Jan to April. I was wanted to switch any ways. +3K to original invoice.
Received the updated order agreement post change. Also noticed the build details online got updated as well. I was told it would take a day or two for the order to get updated. Will do a drive-by by the factory staging/delivery area tonight! Wait get excruciating now!!

Meh. I work everyday regardless of weekends and/or holidays. It's part of being in technology... especially in leadership. Deadlines must be met and issues resolved. But I do give time back to my guys for situations like that so they don't get burned out.
It’s one thing to have pushes here and there and another to routinely schedule your launches on the weekend (which they do).

Main point, Elon breeds a culture where weekend and holiday work is the norm and there’s no chance they won’t deliver every car possible in December to make their quarterly numbers.

I remember seeing a video a couple of years ago where a full fleet of Teslas all got a software update at once and their lights were flashing like the ones on the test track. I wonder if they're waiting for this software update before they deliver them to us. 🤞🏽

Last edited:
Yet they can't handle puddles. So in Arizona they'll remain. Don't lose sight of reality.
I literally showed you a picture of a self driving taxi. No driver. That is reality.

I didn't claim that they will work everywhere. They won't. The point of my post is that there are (in this current world we're living in) safe and reliable self driving cars. This gives me hope that this tech will continue to improve and we're not as far away from that future than some may believe.

but then how were they able to deliver the 5 X's already?
Because they only delivered 5... It seems more likely that those 5 (including our hero @sunnyvaletree ) we're PR props to say that they "started deliveries of MX" at the Q3 results call.
They probably had engineers manually update software to cover them until the larger software patch was finished.
#totalspeculation

New to TMC. I was trying to switch to a 6-seat and a delivery manager in Carlsbad found out that they can honor 6-seat configuration change only to those orders placed in 2020, and this is not applicable to orders placed in 2021. I guess this is fair. Also mentioned, they’ll be producing only the 6-seat configuration for the next couple months.

So I’m thinking my current EDD of January most certainly is not January. (more like March/April?!)

Question, and apologies, I did not read through this thread.

I just placed an order for a MX this week. My account says September. I have a MY and understand how the EDD game goes. But, is that kinda the consensus on what we're looking like on that right now? 10 months?

Thanks!
This is sort of a "How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop" question... The world may never know.

Some of us have been waiting for 10 months... Some refused delivery of their MX from 2019 and have been waiting for over a year. Some have been waiting for 6 months and got "the call" a few weeks ago and are going to (hopefully) take delivery in November.

So maybe 10 months is reasonable. Maybe it's not. The world may never know 😂

I remember seeing a video a couple of years ago where a full fleet of Teslas all got a software update at once and their lights were flashing like the ones on the test track. I wonder if they're waiting for this software update before they deliver them to us. 🤞🏽
Its not a software update, its how they are execute their logistics plan, what cars still need work on or to be moved before its ready to haul. Have you ever seen your car blinkers flashing while doing a software update?🙃

• Helpful
Reactions: TWENT2
New to TMC. I was trying to switch to a 6-seat and a delivery manager in Carlsbad found out that they can honor 6-seat configuration change only to those orders placed in 2020, and this is not applicable to orders placed in 2021. I guess this is fair. Also mentioned, they’ll be producing only the 6-seat configuration for the next couple months.

So I’m thinking my current EDD of January most certainly is not January. (more like March/April?!)
Erm... The refresh was announced in 2021, so an overwhelming majority of MX refresh orders are from 2021. I ordered 2/14/21 and got the call a couple of weeks ago.

Not surprising that the SA had bad info.

But the interesting thing I heard from Tesla corporate, is that this is a "campaign." And that certain reservation numbers are on the list to get the call. So far it seems that it's kinda random.

Its not a software update, its how they are execute their logistics plan, what cars still need work on or to be moved before its ready to haul. Have you ever seen your car blinkers flashing while doing a software update?🙃
Actually, I've never done a software update. My wife always steals it from me 😂 (we've only owned a Tesla for 3 months.

But here is the video I am referring to:

Erm... The refresh was announced in 2021, so an overwhelming majority of MX refresh orders are from 2021. I ordered 2/14/21 and got the call a couple of weeks ago.

Not surprising that the SA had bad info.

But the interesting thing I heard from Tesla corporate, is that this is a "campaign." And that certain reservation numbers are on the list to get the call. So far it seems that it's kinda random.
This sounds right. I’ll speak to him tomorrow again with this info. Thanks for the correction.