Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good news! We're all still one big (and growing) waiting family! I knew today was going to be a good day for Model X news!
What are you talking about?!?! This is straight Lord of the Flies. For every car one of you other people get, that's one less car for me. It's Bizarro Three Musketeers. One for all and all for one. Me.

Actually, I really don't even want ours until mid December earliest.

Oh wow I think MX just got official ranges:
20" LR: 351 mi
22" LR: 332
20" Plaid: 335 mi
22" Plaid: 313 mi

I'm hoping this means Plaid is coming soon!

Last edited:
We

I'm hoping this means Plaid is coming soon!

Lost 6 miles

This is certainly going the wrong way!! The new LR range rating is 21 miles (5.6%) less than the 2020 model...

The new car weights less and has more efficient motors... I wonder what is the reason. Any ideas?

I used the search, but wanted to ask since I didn't find an ansewr, which may answer my questions. Did any production X's ship with 22 wheels yet?
No! As far as I know, they all shipped with 4 wheels! Well, except that car in LA that we saw pictures of a couple of days ago... it looked like it had ZERO wheels....

😁😁😁

This is certainly going the wrong way!! The new LR range rating is 21 miles (5.6%) less than the 2020 model...

The new car weights less and has more efficient motors... I wonder what is the reason. Any ideas?
Could be a lot of things..... The EPA could've tested the car wrong (I.E: leaving the door open overnight); Tesla may have made a last minute calibration change that makes the car drive better, but lose a little range; They could've changed tires, etc.. :)
No telling, but I would take this as signs of movement on MX.

Edit: Also MX LR, MS LR, and M3 SR+ are now named as MX, MS and M3, with no "LR."

Did the Long Range version lose the “Long Range” designation with these new numbers or was it never there?

I know we all say plaid or LR on here but I guess I never looked to see Long Range actually listed.
It was for sure there before, here's a screenshot from Sawyer Merritt not moments before it got updated to just MX:

FDKCX3NWQAEq4tz

Reactions: Empty tank