Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Please when u get ur delivery, can u verify if both front door got self presentations, or just the driver one?
I think you may want to clarify what you are actually asking here. "Self presenting" just means the door has the ability to open itself. The pre-refresh Model X has this, and we've seen the UI looks very similar for this and also indicates the features is the same. You can use the key fob or in-car UI to open/close both front doors. Although the passenger door is done in a roundabout way from the key fob.

Screen Shot 2021-11-05 at 10.39.18 AM.png

Now, if you are asking if the front passenger door will auto-open when your key-fob or phone gets close, I'm willing to make a friendly wager that there's no way that is going to happen. :) I think the S in the manual is either a typo or referencing the fact the both doors can open themselves.

Last edited:
Reactions: Stro and TJPDX
Not only did my EDD say January before I got my VIN, but it STILL says January! It's definitely just a placeholder for most. That's not to say that some people with a current January EDD won't ultimately end up getting it in January, but just that it currently means nothing until Tesla releases the more specific EDDs that was rumored.
As I say that, my EDD just changed to TBD for the first time.

Reactions: Tezhed9802
Well, I thought this would be the week to get a VIN. My order is one of the oldest, I received “the call” on the first day they started making “the call” and switched to 6 seater, had my EDD go from January to TBA ( now back to January). Getting frustrated now….no communication or widely varied communication seems to be the process now.
What is your order date? What was the day they called you for the update? What is your configuration? It helps everybody if we can use these data points.

Are the calls still going out? Anyone order in Q2 get the call, or just Q1? Wonder if I should just change my Plaid to 6 seater myself
I wouldn’t. Once the Plaids are approved they should arrive pretty quickly. First, their aren’t many X's ordered in the Plaid version so the line is much shorter than for the LR, and second Tesla always prioritizes their more profitable vehicles for delivery. Stay strong is my advice

Hey the price increases are the one perk of our long wait - most of us are $15,000 in the green for drive off the lot value versus msrp.
I did not make my mind to spend $105k at the time. I just thought I could reserve a $100 chance in 2022 to make decision.

Now I am kind of forced to buy it, otherwise, I would lost my $15k off coupon :)

What is your order date? What was the day they called you for the update? What is your configuration? It helps everybody if we can use these data points.

Order date 10/29/20
Blue LR with white interior, 7 seats, standard wheels, FSD

Was called on Wednesday 10/12 and switched to 6 seats. Was told it will be this year for sure, likely well before end of year.

LR X order officially cancelled for now. It’s been a pleasure hanging with you all in this room, have my MYP on order and gonna sit it out for a couple years until range makes a big leap. I know we have been debating here, but I really think a 450-500 mile plus X will come in the next 2-3 years. But again, this is something that’s important to my family’s needs and not to all who order.

To those if you still waiting, best of luck, this car is still the best out there and can’t wait to see more photos and videos of all the details. Sending good vibes for earlier deliveries, someones gotta be getting bumped up one spot as I had a 6 seater with a JAN EDD :).

LIVE LONG AND PROSPER.

Is anyone changing to buy from lease because of the price bumps?
Yes, I did. Leasing doesnt make much sense for buyers who got in before the price increases. Also, since Tesla doesn’t allow you to buy your car at its residual value at the end of the lease, you would not have the ability to take advantage of a disparity between the market price and the residual value of your X.

• Informative
Reactions: DIL and retco
My EDD now also went from TBD to January 😩. This back and forth is driving me crazy. I ordered 1/27/21 6 seat, white ext black int. Come on Tesla please!!!!
Tesla probably monitors this thread and changes people from blank to January then back to blank whenever anyone posts their EDD updates. Cheap entertainment for the interns!

LR X order officially cancelled for now. It’s been a pleasure hanging with you all in this room, have my MYP on order and gonna sit it out for a couple years until range makes a big leap. I know we have been debating here, but I really think a 450-500 mile plus X will come in the next 2-3 years. But again, this is something that’s important to my family’s needs and not to all who order.

To those if you still waiting, best of luck, this car is still the best out there and can’t wait to see more photos and videos of all the details. Sending good vibes for earlier deliveries, someones gotta be getting bumped up one spot as I had a 6 seater with a JAN EDD :).

LIVE LONG AND PROSPER.
Do you really need that much range when you really think about it? Where would you go with your family that you can drive for 450 miles without stopping for bathroom break, or food, or even just to stretch your legs.... that's like 6 or so hours straight....Sorry if I sound like Elon lol, but its kind of a valid point. People look at the big number and think that they need it but the reality is that, its not necessary for most use cases.

Do you really need that much range when you really think about it? Where would you go with your family that you can drive for 450 miles without stopping for bathroom break, or food, or even just to stretch your legs.... that's like 6 or so hours straight....Sorry if I sound like Elon lol, but its kind of a valid point. People look at the big number and think that they need it but the reality is that, its not necessary for most use cases.
Its not about driving 450 miles straight. Its having consistent usable range over 300 miles. No matter what weather, if you stop and park for 6 hours leaving sentry etc on. I can understand it, but I dont think its happening anytime soon. Superchargers are plentiful today, and will be even more so in a few years. I can also see V4 charging giving 300kW+ being done as an update to exisiting V3 chargers