Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lets hope for some good new tomorrow :)
That's what I'm talking about!
1636101457528.png

When the Oracle of The Waiting Room speaks we listen.

I'm from around Chicago and also ordered in early December last year. No VIN yet, but I did do a virtual delivery day orientation today by email request from the other day. I already knew most of the info. Hoping to hear something soon 🤞
🤞🏻
Chicago here as well I ordered December 25 got the call and upgraded on October 17 from 5 to 6 seats and changed seats to white. Was told I should take delivery in 8 weeks or less but guaranteed by end of the year still showing January estimate.
Thanks!! That gives me hope!!

Reactions: Tezhed9802
Another price increase on the 3 and Y.... I have to imagine another bump is coming to the X and S in the next couple of days as well. This is really getting out of hand..... Not that I mind since my order is already placed and it just increases my equity.

Reactions: Elixir
Just want to also add my thanks to this forum. I was doing Lyft to get around (mostly back and forth to work on the days I had to go in) waiting for my X, which was fine but making my wife nervous about COViD. We were thinking through buying another car in the meantime, then I saw someone post about the Volvo Care program which was the perfect solution. Is almost like they created the program for people waiting for their Tesla haha. And the car has “pilot assist” which hopefully gives a super small taste of what the FSD capability will be like - it’s useful but hopefully FSD is much better haha. Plus as many have said, this forum seems to be more informed than anything I would get from Tesla itself. Thanks guys and gals.

Well, I thought this would be the week to get a VIN. My order is one of the oldest, I received “the call” on the first day they started making “the call” and switched to 6 seater, had my EDD go from January to TBA ( now back to January). Getting frustrated now….no communication or widely varied communication seems to be the process now.

Yeah I think that is the most that we will see in these cars. After Musk announced the Plaid+ was cancelled, this is what he told Electrek:

“What we are seeing is that once you have a range above 400 miles, more range doesn’t really matter. There are essentially zero trips above 400 miles where the driver doesn’t need to stop for restroom, food, coffee, etc. anyway.” - Elon

The Model S (standard range) probably has as much range as it's going to ever see and the focus will be on getting the same range but with smaller and more efficient batteries.

Again, I think Elon's focus will be expanding the charging network and increasing charging speeds.
Note that for the X, my thinking led me to the conclusion of an ideal EPA rating of 390+. That's very consistent with what Musk said.

Also, there are others that want to tow or carry bikes... all of these activities require more energy.

My conclusion is perhaps they should have put more effort in extending the range of the X, by either making it more efficient (eg, smaller/less hp motors... basically keep hp rating at prior specs); or put a bigger battery in the X than the S.

Reactions: Ferrari ex
And now I'm back to January from TBD 🤔 But, the guy from NY who recently got a VIN mentioned his EDD said January and he still got the VIN. Really beginning to think these EDDs mean f*ck all.
Not only did my EDD say January before I got my VIN, but it STILL says January! It's definitely just a placeholder for most. That's not to say that some people with a current January EDD won't ultimately end up getting it in January, but just that it currently means nothing until Tesla releases the more specific EDDs that was rumored.