Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone! I've been inspired by all those who have been long time lurkers and joined the forum. So here I am! I've been a lurker since probably March of this year, but I wanted to throw my data points into the fray as well.

Order info:
  • Ordered on October 19, 2020
  • Converted to refresh order on June 16, 2021
  • Located in Raleigh, NC
  • RN114090469
  • Current EDD is January
Current config:
  • Model X formerly known as the Long Range
  • Deep Blue Metallic
  • 20'' Wheels
  • White Interior
  • Six Seat Interior (originally so no call/conversion)

The story was that I ordered this for my 30th birthday gift to myself. However I was also building a new home at the time. I was advised not to buy a car before my mortgage was finalized so I put the order on hold. The home was delayed multiple times until it was completed in January of 2021 which is why I never took delivery of a pre-refresh model. I can't complain though. I would've not been happy if I took delivery of one only to be refreshed a short time afterwards. In all, I'm happy it ended up like this, but at the same time, I've been waiting over a year to finally take delivery of my dream car. I currently own a Model 3 and love it. And since everyone was disclosing what they did a while back, I am a corporate trainer for one of the FAANGs.

I have to say that this waiting room has definitely helped me keep sane over this past year. So thanks everyone for being awesome! I'm looking forward to many more VINs.
You mean MAANG?

They are 20" wheels and the 100% range now shows 330 miles after 23 months and 38k miles.
I saw a recent Y delivery (ont YT) that came without the floormats, so I kinda assumed that was for all models. Might be wrong in that assumption tho.

As far as the towing hook goes; the manual is a bit ambiguous with the wording. Thus far it looks like an optional accessory and not a standard thing
All 3 of mine have come with floor mats, and they have gotten cheaper and crappier each time. No tow hook that is correct. Tow package yes

I have an Audi lease on a Q5 coming up in late December and the delivery timing of my X has for sure been a point of stress as with everyone else on this thread.

But I just wanted to share that i found that Carvana and vroom are offering to buy my current Q5 for ~$5k above my lease buy out price (!). As further evidence of this inverted market, the bid has actually gone up since a bid offered in May for the same vehicle, even with additional mileage.

So my plan is to buy out the lease and then sell to Carvana/vroom once my delivery actually happens. Yes have to pay some taxes and do some registration stuff, but will still net profit on the transaction, even if the price stays flat from here.

Just sharing in hopes this can help anyone else in a similar situation…

I have an Audi lease on a Q5 coming up in late December and the delivery timing of my X has for sure been a point of stress as with everyone else on this thread.

But I just wanted to share that i found that Carvana and vroom are offering to buy my current Q5 for ~$5k above my lease buy out price (!). As further evidence of this inverted market, the bid has actually gone up since a bid offered in May for the same vehicle, even with additional mileage.

So my plan is to buy out the lease and then sell to Carvana/vroom once my delivery actually happens. Yes have to pay some taxes and do some registration stuff, but will still net profit on the transaction, even if the price stays flat from here.

Just sharing in hopes this can help anyone else in a similar situation…

Same here, current lease ends December 15th..... Carmax is offering $8K over lease buy out price! I think when I requested a quote a couple of months back it was like $6k above.... This used car market is absolutely nuts right now.

970A5342-4EB2-4DB8-8C65-60A994BDF877.jpeg
6CE7979B-DE5C-45CB-9FCA-44DDE83E7D4F.jpg
Apologies if this has already been discussed but thoughts on SUV EV $7.5K rebate applying for our MX orders?

A lot of us with older orders have this $69.99K base price plus $20K long range add-on (attached).

While I don’t think we should be getting the 2022 EV rebate for a luxury car in the spirit of the law, it does seem to qualify for “MSRP less than $80K SUV” since we have the $20K as an add-on.

Rebate/credit would be $7500K, good highlight video link below (18650s are still imported so the additional $500 for US made batteries doesn’t apply).

My guess is with the recent name change, recent orders don’t show base price plus long range add-on.

Last edited:
Reactions: Empty tank
View attachment 730312View attachment 730313Apologies if this has already been discussed but thoughts on SUV EV $7.5K rebate applying for our MX orders?

A lot of us with older orders have this $69.99K base price plus $20K long range add-on (attached).

While I don’t think we should be getting the 2022 EV rebate for a luxury car in the spirit of the law, it does seem to qualify for “MSRP less than $80K SUV” since we have the $20K as an add-on.

Rebate/credit would be $7500K, good highlight video link below (18650s are still imported so the additional $500 for US made batteries doesn’t apply).

My guess is with the recent name change, recent orders don’t show base price plus long range add-on.

Thanks for sharing.
Assuming base price qualifies - This requires the car to delivery after 1/1/2022 (or when the bill signed if after) right?
Would 'order date' be the acquire date? then none of us would apply.

Thanks for sharing.
Assuming base price qualifies - This requires the car to delivery after 1/1/2022 (or when the bill signed if after) right?
Would 'order date' be the acquire date? then none of us would apply.
Yes bill states starting Jan 1 2022 or when bill is signed whichever is *later*.

And about order date vs delivery date: I would think the rebate applies if delivered in 2022 because the full transaction hasn’t taken place yet (full payment and delivery of product).

View attachment 730312View attachment 730313Apologies if this has already been discussed but thoughts on SUV EV $7.5K rebate applying for our MX orders?

Never gonna happen.

way more people on here should qualify than you would think.. I assume many own their own business and are able to make their net look significantly lower than what is required.. I for one fall in that category
We’ll I’m actually a tax lawyer and more true words have never been spoke :) Also for those concerned, delivery date and final payment is what matters for purposes of these provisions, order date is irrelevant.

The final MVPA at delivery is what will be key. Not the order. If they lump in base plus LR into one price on delivery paperwork, that will disqualify all of us. If audited, I am confident that is what the IRS will go by.