Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think he’s referring to the original Model X cost. See attached. My original battery was 10K. The refresh bumped it $8K, they will deduct $2k once the VIN is assigned. If you really want a laugh, look at the date I put my $100.00 deposit down…. I think I may hold the record for waiting the longest. Planned to take delivery late December but they halted production.
Wow you even have me beat on order date!

Hey @Fulkth, definitely enjoy your delivery tomorrow! Live in the moment! When you have a few spare moments, I’d be curious to know how you feel about the air flow in the captains chairs. I’m wondering, with the absence of the b pillar vents, if those passengers get adequate heating/cooling from that center console. Also, I’d love to know if they include the tow hitch. I’m looking forward to your thoughts and stories from tomorrow!

Hey @Fulkth, definitely enjoy your delivery tomorrow! Live in the moment! When you have a few spare moments, I’d be curious to know how you feel about the air flow in the captains chairs. I’m wondering, with the absence of the b pillar vents, if those passengers get adequate heating/cooling from that center console. Also, I’d love to know if they include the tow hitch. I’m looking forward to your thoughts and stories from tomorrow!
My concern as well

4EBD731B-7905-40F7-87A9-4C7ACB604DA4.png
I think he’s referring to the original Model X cost. See attached. My original battery was 10K. The refresh bumped it $8K, they will deduct $2k once the VIN is assigned. If you really want a laugh, look at the date I put my $100.00 deposit down…. I think I may hold the record for waiting the longest. Planned to take delivery late December but they halted production.
Got you beat by one day 😂😂😂 06/4/20 order date

did you ever update your order to the refresh? they will respect your place in line but on the order agreement it will say the day you updated your order.
and the option list you shared does not show cyberstream wheels or yoke steering wheel.
Screen Shot 2021-11-08 at 8.59.05 PM.png
It should look something like this now. I ordered in December but it shows 1/29 because that is the day I updated my order to the Refresh

Last edited:
Not really. Most people buying a ~$100k car are not "super rich" and $5~10K is not negligible. You can see frequent discussions about getting a few more percent of discount in all Porsche/MB/BMW forums (even for Porsche 911s, MB G glass).
These two ideas are not mutually exclusive. If we look at the acute, the individual buyer, there are endless examples of people who buy high priced vehicles only because of a 1% discount. AND people who buy high priced vehicles cash without batting an eye... And everyone in between. We need to zoom out, remove ourselves individually and look at the statistical population.

The point here is that YES, applying the tax incentive to our MXs would be great. But we already decided to purchase without it.

Please remember that changes in the tax code is policy (read: politics). Look at who it benefits and you can see the ideal voting block it is designed to inspire. That doesn't mean that other voting blocks are not important, but in this case, we are not the target audience.

Also remember the biggest spat in the past several decades is tax or tax breaks for 'the rich' Now, don't get me wrong... When we heard whispers if the tax credit coming back to Tesla, we had a conversation with our SA (in February) and said... "If there is news of the tax credit coming back, can we delay delivery until it goes into effect?" I want it... And I'm bummed that it doesn't apply to our car... But can understand the reasoning.

As it turns out, as someone who has solar, drove a Prius, and now drives a MX, I care a bit about my carbon footprint as well. I'm happy that Tesla cars will qualify for this tax incentive because it will accelerate adoption.

The vehicle is the same as the Long Range because of the size of the battery 100+kWh. Tesla is just dropping the LR designation since that caused confusion since there is no longer a standard/short-range variant. No idea about the $20K charge. When did you order?

FWIW, I had the regular 75 kWh in my 2018 X (I did not buy the LR 100+ kWh for 18K more). 220 miles rated, actual about 175 miles.
Thank you so much for your response

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    28.3 KB · Views: 61
Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Giving rebate/incentive to buyers of $100K cars is political suicide, and of questionable value,
Which is why they should do the high end incentives on the down low. When you pick up your $100K+ EV, a shifty guy in sunglasses hands you a brown paper bag with $10,000 stuffed into it. You say nothing, get inside your new car and drive way.

It's Wednesday already in Poland, so I sat comfortably in the armchair in the first row and waited for the photos ;)

I meant Tuesday not Wednesday, of course
I think @Fulkth said delivery was around 5:45pm Pacific Time which is 02:45 Wednesday in Poland. Unfortunately, Tesla turns off time travel for delivery days 😢

• Funny
Reactions: JER85 and Stro