Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This thread sure lost alot of momentum this last week
Understandably. No one truly knows what is going on and when mass deliveries of the X will begin. I’m not even sure Tesla fully knows. How long can you refresh the tesla.com account page or this forum before losing a bit of hope. LOL everyone keeps posting the same info.. Jan Delivery or TBD.

For those of you who have bought other tesla's. What is the time from VIN to delivery, especially east coast. My current tesla I bought out of inventory so dont have the experience. I am curious when is the point of no return for 2021 delivery.

I think @Fulkth said delivery was around 5:45pm Pacific Time which is 02:45 Wednesday in Poland. Unfortunately, Tesla turns off time travel for delivery days 😢
That's for sure! Time is NOT a dimension in Tesla space...

The notion of delivering a car within a committed time frame does not exist in this universe! Never has...

Understandably. No one truly knows what is going on and when mass deliveries of the X will begin. I’m not even sure Tesla fully knows. How long can you refresh the tesla.com account page or this forum before losing a bit of hope. LOL everyone keeps posting the same info.. Jan Delivery or TBD.

A third member actually got a VIN number last week, someone from NY.... I didn't see them come back with a pickup date or any other info so far. Last I remember their account still said EDD: January despite having a VIN. But once he has an appointment we will get a good idea of what's going on... I doubt they are only sending 1 X at a time to the east coast.

A third member actually got a VIN number last week, someone from NY.... I didn't see them come back with a pickup date or any other info so far. Last I remember their account still said EDD: January despite having a VIN. But once he has an appointment we will get a good idea of what's going on... I doubt they are only sending 1 X at a time to the east coast.
Well… could be 1 MX and many MYs or M3s. Maybe a pinch of MS.

Reactions: KidsEyeDr and JER85
As of yesterday morning, my car still hadn't left Fremont so still waiting to schedule delivery. I was told there are no holds on the car so its just a matter of logistics since I'm on the east coast and it should leave the factory in the next day or so. Once I have more info, I will let you all know.

FYI, a couple of days after getting my VIN, my EDD went to TBD and remains there.

As of yesterday morning, my car still hadn't left Fremont so still waiting to schedule delivery. I was told there are no holds on the car so its just a matter of logistics since I'm on the east coast and it should leave the factory in the next day or so. Once I have more info, I will let you all know.

FYI, a couple of days after getting my VIN, my EDD went to TBD and remains there.

What is your pickup location?

For those of you who have bought other tesla's. What is the time from VIN to delivery, especially east coast. My current tesla I bought out of inventory so dont have the experience. I am curious when is the point of no return for 2021 delivery.
The time from VIN to delivery was fairly quick for us, 3-4 weeks. But, I live 20 miles from the factory and picked up at the Fremont Delivery (1 mile from factory) or Dublin SC (20 miles from the factory and NorCal delivery staging drop point). I imagine someone further away would know their VIN early relative to pickup date when you add in shipping time.

Last edited:
The time from VIN to delivery was fairly quick for us, 3-4 weeks. But, I live 20 miles from the factory and picked up at the Fremont Delivery (1 mile from factory) or Dublin SC (20 miles from the factory and NorCal delivery staging drop point). I imagine someone further away would know their VIN early relative to pickup date when you add in shipping time.
Yeah. For me in Texas it was a 10 days I had from the day I got my VIN to the day I drove off in my new Tesla. This was 2018 though.

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but I was just playing with the S configuration and noticed that if I choose a Plaid S with either wheel, it's December EDD. However, when I change the seats to be white, it jumps to March.
It is much worse in model X (non-plaid).
White exterior, 20” wheel and black interior has date with October but other configurations are still June. This is strange that from that October configuration, changing to white interior, it goes to June again. Maybe for Model X, they have issue with the black interior not white.😂

Reactions: EV_LIFE
Not sure if it's been mentioned, but I was just playing with the S configuration and noticed that if I choose a Plaid S with either wheel, it's December EDD. However, when I change the seats to be white, it jumps to March.

If I recall correctly though, some of the folks who were called to switch to 6 seater, had white interior and were told by end of year... so bizarre.

Reactions: TWENT2