Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pardon a newb question. I have Model X with "estimated delivery" in Jan. Should I plan on getting it anywhere close to Jan or is it wishful thinking? My current lease (different brand) expires in Dec so I will likely extend it but can only do it for several months.

Thank you
No one knows. I'm a day one order and was told to be more optimistic about late Feb to March than the Jan date. Again, no one knows for sure though.

Pardon a newb question. I have Model X with "estimated delivery" in Jan. Should I plan on getting it anywhere close to Jan or is it wishful thinking? My current lease (different brand) expires in Dec so I will likely extend it but can only do it for several months.

Thank you
Also depends on your order date and what configuration you have. Tons of people have “January“ listed as there delivery date right now. Most of those will not get it by January unless you ordered early (probably 1st quarter or sooner) and have a six seat configuration

Also depends on your order date and what configuration you have. Tons of people have “January“ listed as there delivery date right now. Most of those will not get it by January unless you ordered early (probably 1st quarter or sooner) and have a six seat configuration
At this rate, I’m starting to think if you didn’t order in 2020, you’ll get it after Jan. I ordered in January and I don’t expect mine until probably March now.

• Disagree
Reactions: 1pinhigh
Oh no, we were planning on getting the oobr since it matches so nicely with the white interior. That's a bummer.
We use the oobr booster in our 6 seat 2020 Model X , we use a rigid 3" extender that we purchased from here: https://www.seatbeltextenderpros.com/tesla-model-x-seat-belt-extender/

We have a 7 year old in the oobr and with the extender she can buckle / un-buckle herself. Our 4 year old is in oobr too now but hasn't been able to master buckling yet.

I love that if you add more expensive features you get it sooner…. And if you order the more expensive plaid you get it way sooner…… at some point the lines got blurred between the “increasing sustainability mission” and “maximizing profits” just like any other corporation.

There is nothing wrong with maximizing profit. Increasing sustainability is not impacted by this at all. I disagree with that point. If they can sell one car sell the most profitable car. As long as they are selling many cars as they can make, the mission is intact. Tesla is a for profit company that pay back shareholders. They are not a charity.

Reactions: bpjod