Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pardon a newb question. I have Model X with "estimated delivery" in Jan. Should I plan on getting it anywhere close to Jan or is it wishful thinking? My current lease (different brand) expires in Dec so I will likely extend it but can only do it for several months.

Thank you
January, as far as any of us know, is a place holder.

I would definitely extend your lease. My lease extension was month to month for a max of 6 months.
s-k-e-p-t-i-c-a-l
I used to kid around like that !!! But it isn't funny anymore 😕😐😒

January, as far as any of us know, is a place holder.

I would definitely extend your lease. My lease extension was month to month for a max of 6 months.

I used to kid around like that !!! But it isn't funny anymore 😕😐😒
John, just to let you know, I've managed to extend the 6 months extension for another 6 months - not exactly what I wanted to do, but need the car. I think they're being more flexible under the circumstances. This certainly wasn't expected when I did the order back in January.

Reactions: John in LB
For anyone with a lease through Toyota financial, I just called today to start the process of purchasing my 18 Lexus RX F Sport that I am currently on my 2nd lease extension. They asked if I was buying to sell to a 3rd party. I said yes and she advised me to not purchase myself and just go directly to the 3rd party and Toyota would accept the payoff from them. It saves me the sales tax! Just fyi since so many places are not allowing 3rd party payoffs right now.

Question: what will the adaptive headlight bill do for cars in the US and how quickly do you think it'll be before you actually see cars with the changes? Will Tesla actually have these?
Tesla showed off high precision adaptive headlights at Gigafest Berlin a couple of months ago. The matrix of the lights is so precise that as a demonstration, they can project the word 'Tesla' on the wall.

Now that this is going to be legal, I have no doubt that it will be brought to Austin and Freemont.

Reactions: TrevTremaine
Tesla showed off high precision adaptive headlights at Gigafest Berlin a couple of months ago. The matrix of the lights is so precise that as a demonstration, they can project the word 'Tesla' on the wall.

Now that this is going to be legal, I have no doubt that it will be brought to Austin and Freemont.
The 3/Y already have lights that can project. Although they might not be the same light fixture as the Berlin one.

I'm in Wisconsin and I have never used winter tires on my X. Pirelli Scorpion Verde All Seasons worked well for me.
What
EVs require tires that can take the heavier battery load but also less rolling resistance to maintain mileage. I like Michelin cross climate 2 (in theory) but hear Michelins EV-specific tires Pilot Sport are designed for EVs.
do you know kind of tires the new x’s will come with? On the standard 20” order? Summer, winter, all season? The question is, will I need to get tires right away providing I get my car this winter? Or do the tires they come with suffice?

Reactions: studioloft
What

do you know kind of tires the new x’s will come with? On the standard 20” order? Summer, winter, all season? The question is, will I need to get tires right away providing I get my car this winter? Or do the tires they come with suffice?
It presumptuous at this point to assume the car will come with any tires whatsoever.

For anyone with a lease through Toyota financial, I just called today to start the process of purchasing my 18 Lexus RX F Sport that I am currently on my 2nd lease extension. They asked if I was buying to sell to a 3rd party. I said yes and she advised me to not purchase myself and just go directly to the 3rd party and Toyota would accept the payoff from them. It saves me the sales tax! Just fyi since so many places are not allowing 3rd party payoffs right now.
I may be mistaken but I believe the ability to do this effectively depends on the state. In PA, for example, you cannot get any sort of title until you complete the buy out so in the case of a third party payoff, the third party couldn't take ownership of the car or be assured of receiving good title from you until Toyota sends the necessary hardcopy payoff paperwork to you, the buyer, who then has to go to the DMV to get a good transferable title. So a third party payoff wouldn't work in PA unless the third party was willing to wait for title after payoff and trusted the seller to follow through and hand offer the title.

Hi all - lurker here, I just checked this evening and see an assigned VIN (no VIN this morning)! Is anyone else seeing one? Estimated delivery language is still January - delivery time will be updated based on configuration availability etc etc. We ordered MX 5-seater in Nov 2020 but changed to 6-seater config a month ago. We live in the Bay Area. Will keep folks posted on whether we get a call to pickup. If anyone knows the usual lead time from VIN assignment to delivery, I’d love to know.

Hi all - lurker here, I just checked this evening and see an assigned VIN (no VIN this morning)! Is anyone else seeing one? Estimated delivery language is still January - delivery time will be updated based on configuration availability etc etc. We ordered MX 5-seater in Nov 2020 but changed to 6-seater config a month ago. We live in the Bay Area. Will keep folks posted on whether we get a call to pickup. If anyone knows the usual lead time from VIN assignment to delivery, I’d love to know.

Congrats!

Awesome! What color interior @mxforum_lurker ?

Nice! My white 6 seater is still vinless 😫