Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Who wants to be a sacrificial lamb and bug Telsa corporate? Been a while since we've had a TMC member place a call and report back. Seems like they totally shut down any trickle of information they were leaking out before. Wonder if that's still the case?
I was thinking about temporarily getting a job at Tesla just so I could get an inside update. Just for the update - not the 20-25% off the MSRP.

When I spoke to Tesla a few weeks ago, they said any change not would result in the pricing to change to the latest pricing. This wasn’t a call where they approached me about changing my order. I had just called to see if they had any info on delivery and to see if I could change from black to white seats. I wouldn’t risk it, just wrap it if you have a problem with the color.

This is incorrect. Don’t make a change. If you do you’ll get new pricing. You get a new order agreement and confirmation when you make the change. You will absolutely have new price.

View attachment 734504OMG. This is so painful. I think I’m going to be getting my Cybertruck first. At this point I’m just like ANYTHING…

bruce-almighty-jim-carrey.gif
I like the direction this form is going. Keeping me sane with collective insanity.

Got a text today that started "We are excited your Tesla will be ready in the next few weeks" and asking me to confirm a cash purchase or whether I wanted a call to discuss financing. It looked vaguely phishy (coming from a Verizon landline in the Boston, MA area) so I emailed my SA, he confirmed it actually did come from Tesla. I am totally not believing the "next few weeks" part.

Bruce.

This is incorrect. Don’t make a change. If you do you’ll get new pricing. You get a new order agreement and confirmation when you make the change. You will absolutely have new price.
This is what happens while writing a post while at work… it absolutely will change your price to the latest pricing. Sorry for the mistake, will change my original response.

Got a text today that started "We are excited your Tesla will be ready in the next few weeks" and asking me to confirm a cash purchase or whether I wanted a call to discuss financing. It looked vaguely phishy (coming from a Verizon landline in the Boston, MA area) so I emailed my SA, he confirmed it actually did come from Tesla. I am totally not believing the "next few weeks" part.

Bruce.
When did you order and what specs?

Reactions: Elixir

Bruce.

This might be a positive. I got same text early in November. I have two teslas on order so I ignored it. But I got my Model Y vin earlier this week and expect delivery next week.

Still waiting for model X vin and delivery.

• Informative
Reactions: NGKempf and bmah
Congrats!!! You will be the first white interior owner!! Hope you get soon and post some interior pics!

I appreciate the congratulations (and from you too @Unclepaul) but I'll accept those when I actually have the car in my hot little hands. It makes zero sense for Tesla to assign or deliver my car at this point (but I wouldn't complain if it were offered).

Bruce.

I emailed Zan last week for an update; immediate response to switch, no response now. 😠
I sure hope you get a response. I've been trying to reach him for over a month, via text and call, NOTHING! His original call to me was on a Thursday night at about 10:40pm CST. His VM said he worked Sunday to Thursday. Called and got a "full voicemail box" message and hasn't responded to multiple text messages. Very frustrating....

• Disagree
Reactions: nyNYCny
July 2021. 6-seat LR, midnight silver metallic outside, black/white/walnut inside, 20", FSD.

Currently have "January" EDD (same as many others here), no VIN assignment.
Bruce.

I automatically get a huge headache when I attempted to figure out what is the pattern to Tesla’s VIN assignments. There doesn’t seem to be aNy rhyme or reason. Is it only for California? No. Only for interiors that are not white? No..Oldest orders placed? No....

Here comes the headache...

If anyone can see some pattern, please do share.