Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am very excited! My order details changed this morning. And, for the first time, they are being honest!

Attachments

• Tesla Order Details.jpg
    Tesla Order Details.jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 105
Well, I asked my SA which status was a better indicator of delivery proximity and she said....

Ha! Yeah Right! You really think that an SA would know anything. I bet it's because I have an EDD of TBD still and the website language that says, "Delivery timing will be available soon"

I think that I just have different placeholder text because the html code says, " <p Id=" prod-final-deliver-estimate-desk-default-date"> "

But, if you're asking me.... It's definitely better! 😂

SA's response: App? what App? I didn't know we had an App!

HI! A lurker here, following your guys excitement/humor in anticipation for this car. Question: For all of you that have “building your car…”, have you submitted your credit checks if you will be applying for a loan? Mine was ordered in June, and est delivery of “Jan” so I’m still waiting to submit a credit check since the car will likely will be delivered later. My app just says “manage order in your Tesla account (web)” and est delivery Jan. Not sure when best to submit a credit check. Thanks for any advice! :)

HI! A lurker here, following your guys excitement/humor in anticipation for this car. Question: For all of you that have “building your car…”, have you submitted your credit checks if you will be applying for a loan? Mine was ordered in June, and est delivery of “Jan” so I’m still waiting to submit a credit check since the car will likely will be delivered later. My app just says “manage order in your Tesla account (web)” and est delivery Jan. Not sure when best to submit a credit check. Thanks for any advice! :)
I'm waiting until a VIN is assigned

• Helpful
Reactions: Ormond
Same order month. I already got approval for the loan and it’s saying building your car.

Same order month. I already got approval for the loan and it’s saying building your car.
I'm waiting until a VIN is assigned
Yea, I was also originally waiting to see if a VIN gets assigned then I can submit my credit check for approval. From previous experiences some of you may have had with previous teslas, do they assign VIN’s prior to a credit check? My ordered model is also a 7-seater, still wondering why I chose that since its just me and my wife lol, so it may not be ready to be built yet anyways.

Reactions: honeyfist301
FWIW, I have a deposit for an LR (07/25/21) and a Plaid (08/04/21), and in the Tesla App, the LR has the new Manage/View options (says we're building your car with January EDD) while the Plaid only has the old "Go to Account" button (shows April EDD when I go to my Tesla account).
My 2/20/21 Plaid order has all of the new stuff about my car being built and shows EDD January still.

Depends on your finances. My credit union approves fast but the approval expires if not exercised within 45 days. Given how the last year has gone down, I’m waiting until a contract is signed. Remember, Tesla wants payment in advance due to contactless delivery. So, once you sign a contract you can have your finance company cut a check and send it to Tesla before your approval expires. But do not do that until you have a contract with a VIN.

Oh nice! When did you apply? I wanted to try avoiding a wasted credit check unless it somehow speeds up the whole process of receiving the VIN.
I did the process immediately and got approved and it expired after around 3 months so reapplied again at September just simply sending e-mail to tesla finance to reapply it with same information. And takes only about 5-10 minutes after it was done.