Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The problem as I see it is that Tesla knows that we will wait for the car. I cannot think of another service or product that I would put up with such misinformation and lack of communication and concern for their customers. Think about it, I like others am going month to month on a lease extension of current care (had to replace tires and brakes that I didn't want to) and people are trying to arrange their lives around the anticipated delivery of a car.

In the end I will try to read into the imaginary subtleties in wordings from Tesla and wait for my X because I really want that car.

Wording is not delivery, it is after the order signing. For Vin,, you can state pending or not yet issued. I did so and my opt-out is part of my Tesla on line documents now.

You may opt out of arbitration within 30 days after signing this Agreement by sending a letter to: Tesla, Inc.; P.O. Box 15430; Fremont, CA 94539-
7970, stating your name, Vehicle Identification Number, and intent to opt out of the arbitration provision. If you do not opt out, this agreement to
arbitrate overrides any different arbitration agreement between us, including any arbitration agreement in a lease or finance contract.
You, lawyer you.

Reactions: nyNYCny
I usually buy a new car every 4 years (this time will be 5+ years only because of the delivery delays). So my next purchase will likely be in 2026. Will I buy a Tesla then?

My guess is no. Four years is a long time these days. There is more to a company than making a great product. In four years there will be others with great products. The winner among those will be the company who best cares about their customers (or at least gives the strongest impression they care). Tesla has a huge head start now because they are the true innovator, and Elon is a genius. And as has been pointed out, the elimination of car dealerships and the humiliating and time-wasting negotiations over price, has given Tesla a real edge in the customer experience. But realistically there’s nothing more Tesla can do to keep that edge.

Or rather, there is something they could do but that something is not in Elon’s DNA, in fact the reverse is in his DNA—he candidly revealed a while back that he has ASD (autism spectrum disorder) and while that has clearly aided him enormously in his focus and energy devoted to innovation, a hallmark of ASD is problems with social, emotional and communication skills.

Whatever we may feel, Elon does not hate us, he is simply indifferent to us. If he were asked why Tesla doesn’t devote even minuscule attention to his SAs or his customers, his reply would likely be one of confusion: why would anyone do that?

And for the time being, that is fine. I will absolutely love my new refreshed X, whenever it arrives, and will quickly forget the humiliation and frustration he is putting us through. The product will be totally worth it. But in four years’ time, it may be a different story….

I usually buy a new car every 4 years (this time will be 5+ years only because of the delivery delays). So my next purchase will likely be in 2026. Will I buy a Tesla then?

My guess is no. Four years is a long time these days. There is more to a company than making a great product. In four years there will be others with great products. The winner among those will be the company who best cares about their customers (or at least gives the strongest impression they care). Tesla has a huge head start now because they are the true innovator, and Elon is a genius. And as has been pointed out, the elimination of car dealerships and the humiliating and time-wasting negotiations over price, has given Tesla a real edge in the customer experience. But realistically there’s nothing more Tesla can do to keep that edge.

Or rather, there is something they could do but that something is not in Elon’s DNA, in fact the reverse is in his DNA—he candidly revealed a while back that he has ASD (autism spectrum disorder) and while that has clearly aided him enormously in his focus and energy devoted to innovation, a hallmark of ASD is problems with social, emotional and communication skills.

Whatever we may feel, Elon does not hate us, he is simply indifferent to us. If he were asked why Tesla doesn’t devote even minuscule attention to his SAs or his customers, his reply would likely be one of confusion: why would anyone do that?

And for the time being, that is fine. I will absolutely love my new refreshed X, whenever it arrives, and will quickly forget the humiliation and frustration he is putting us through. The product will be totally worth it. But in four years’ time, it may be a different story….
They might not even want to sell anyone a car in 5 years if Robotaxis are a reality by then. But we'll just have to wait and see.

If you do decide that you will want a Tesla in 2026, make sure to order it in 2024….or maybe even now.

I agree in 100%

Has anyone called Tesla (not local SA's) and asked if this "building your car" business actually means anything? May be interesting to see what they have to say... I may do it...
I just called the corporate sales guy who gave me "the call" back in October and his number went straight to voicemail. I left him a message and I will report back if he gives me a call back.

Reactions: jbrowdy
Yes, but what does it all mean? We need an Oracle.

Hell, we need a Miracle!
It looks like a calendar on top. I think when they start on your car the calendar will show the start date, then you know to start getting your financing ready. 🤷🏾‍♂️

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211119-163432_Tesla.jpg
    Screenshot_20211119-163432_Tesla.jpg
    168.3 KB · Views: 107