Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone NOT have a January delivery window? I've seen people that ordered in February have January listed, as well as people like me, that ordered in June have January. Either there are not many model X reservations, or the system is assigning everyone to January, or Tesla is somehow gonna use their 5000 car/month S/X capacity to just crank out model X, which is unlikely.

Does anyone NOT have a January delivery window? I've seen people that ordered in February have January listed, as well as people like me, that ordered in June have January. Either there are not many model X reservations, or the system is assigning everyone to January, or Tesla is somehow gonna use their 5000 car/month S/X capacity to just crank out model X, which is unlikely.

A number of people (including myself FWIW) think that ”January” is just a placeholder.

Bruce.

My Long Range Plus is traction-limited to some degree on launch unless it's on grippy concrete, can hear and feel the front tires get a little slip and feel it pull a bit of power, and you have an extra ~130hp. I imagine the surface will start to play more of a role now
Long Range Plus Raven? Or refresh X? They dropped the moniker Long Range from the S and X...

Mine says April 2022. Who knows what the real date will be.

Can anyone please explain why the Plaid "option" on an S adds $35,000 to the price but only adds $15,000 to an X?
People who want the quickest accelerating production car are willing to pay for it. Tesla knows this and has priced accordingly. The quickest accelerating production SUV doesn't have the same ring as the quickest accelerating production car nor does it give the same sense of pride to those who own and care.

I don’t have any need for a Plaid S but boy do I want one.

Screen Shot 2021-11-22 at 10.32.14 PM.png

In todays fly over at 1:37 you can see a white model x on a truck

March 7, got January, I believe it is a system generated , which i think will be January-march delivery!!

Welllll my Plaid X have a delivery window of April. I ordered it in September…. But my LR X says January and I ordered it Jan 23rd

Reactions: Zygote1975
View attachment 736318

In todays fly over at 1:37 you can see a white model x on a truck
This just in- Vins won’t be assigned starting 2022. Candidates able to select a VIN from the flyover videos(using zoom feature) will be immediately allocated the said selected VIN and then delivery is scheduled(on condition thay all formalities stand complete).
Applies to Non US orders too.

What’s weird is that Tesla is well-known for making cars in batches and it’s possible that the S & X still share a single manufacturing line. So when we see an X, shouldn’t we see like 100 identical ones before they switch back to S or to a different configuration or whatever? How is it a thing that we see one at a time?
Oh, that's part of the "ramp up". That, and of course, the parts shortages that seem to result in a handful of cars sitting on the test track awaiting parts. I'm also assuming that current delays include: awaiting new replacement airbags and the software update that's put a hold on deliveries. I'm sure there will be another excuse soon enough.

I have "TBD"
Order date: 2/14/21
Original Configuration: LR 7 seat white cream 20 FSD
'The Call' date: 10/21/21
New Configuration: LR 6 Seat black white 20 FSD

What’s weird is that Tesla is well-known for making cars in batches and it’s possible that the S & X still share a single manufacturing line. So when we see an X, shouldn’t we see like 100 identical ones before they switch back to S or to a different configuration or whatever? How is it a thing that we see one at a time?
I don't think that those two things are mutually exclusive. They make a run of them, but a truck with 8 cars can easily only have one on it depending on delivery windows and location.

Remember they're producing 1 MY/M3 every 3 minutes (not sure that I did my math right ... But 500k units per year is 22 units per hour... Which is about 1 unit every 2.7 minutes)

There are thousands time more MY/M3 too deliver, so the likelihood of seeing a truck with more than 1 or 2 MXs is low. Here's a truck that I saw outside of Bakersfield, California last week. I was snapping pics on the of chance that I saw someone's MX. (I didn't) 😢
PXL_20211119_212707338.jpg