Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
T.Rex, For the life of me, I cannot find the Delivery center number on the website! Do you have a number handy? Appreciate your help.
Here’s the number for mine. I don’t think it matters because I was just sent to a remote agent. +1 (404) 294-8888

Also, here’s a number for a Fremont delivery center. +1 (510) 897-4860

They may be closed for the day but I would try first thing in the morning if you can’t get through.

I have a theory for why Plaids aren’t being delivered yet (however unlikely it might be):

They have seen performance of Model S brakes and are reluctant to throw similar product on heavier vehicles. Perhaps contemplating whether to offer *free* carbon ceramic brake upgrades, or require purchasers to upgrade to them (which wouldn’t go well for obvious reasons).

However unlikely, if this were the case, I would hope (expect) that they would upgrade for agreed upon price.

Thoughts?

Honestly, this thread is just starting to piss me off more now. Seeing people who ordered months after me get VINs assigned, particularly after I spent an extra $6500 to “guarantee” delivery this year, is annoying. Even more so when I live in Oregon, and they live across the country. It’s almost as if Tesla execs sit around a table and actively deliberate ways they can make the entire delivery experience less transparent and more frustrating.
I feel you.

Its weird I spoke with a very nice gentleman from Tesla in the I believe customer relations department who stated that after 12/1 all VIN's will be 2022s. I guess there are still a few hours to see if he is correct, but hard to believe that all of these new VINs will rollover to 2022 starting tomorrow...
Nice Gentleman from Tesla has given you wrong info. I got my 22 VIN on Nov 24th. Couple of folks before me got a 22 VIN as well.
I see multiple " SA says First time I see a VIN in the state" posts even after there were deliveries of MX. Forum members here seem to have more info than SAs!

Reactions: TWENT2
I have a theory for why Plaids aren’t being delivered yet (however unlikely it might be):

They have seen performance of Model S brakes and are reluctant to throw similar product on heavier vehicles. Perhaps contemplating whether to offer *free* carbon ceramic brake upgrades, or require purchasers to upgrade to them (which wouldn’t go well for obvious reasons).

However unlikely, if this were the case, I would hope (expect) that they would upgrade for agreed upon price.

Thoughts?
Sounds plausible, but I haven’t been following the Plaid S issues. Provide a link?

I seriously am starting to wonder if it goes the way of the Plaid +. Wish we had some clue.

Here’s the number for mine. I don’t think it matters because I was just sent to a remote agent. +1 (404) 294-8888

Also, here’s a number for a Fremont delivery center. +1 (510) 897-4860

They may be closed for the day but I would try first thing in the morning if you can’t get through.
Thanks, TRex. Will call them and give it a shot.

Reactions: T.REX
Sounds plausible, but I haven’t been following the Plaid S issues. Provide a link?

I seriously am starting to wonder if it goes the way of the Plaid +. Wish we had some clue.

I don’t have a link, but it’s the primary reason they haven’t unlocked the 200mph top speed of the S (I’m aware the X is only advertised to reach 163mph, unlike S). If weight has anything to do with stopping power, I could see this being a potential issue.

Reactions: jbrowdy
I don’t have a link, but it’s the primary reason they haven’t unlocked the 200mph top speed of the S (I’m aware the X is only advertised to reach 163mph, unlike S). If weight has anything to do with stopping power, I could see this being a potential issue.
I can totally see this being it. Especially if they add the price of the brakes (20k) to the MX price, it'd end up being base 139K, which finally puts it above the MSP.

VIN me beautiful!!
I am a VINer!!!
7SAXCBE57NF3286xx
MX LR MSM - White - always 6 seats - 22 - FSD - Order date 2/10/21
According to SA first VIN in Cincinnati market.. Car has yet to leave factory according to SA..
Interesting thing is of the two MX's we ordered this was the second one..
Other MX specs we ordered without VIN
MX LR White - Black - always 6 seats - 22 - FSD Order date 2/5/21
Both EDDs were January up until a week ago then the White one went to TBD and about two days later the MSM went TBD..
SOOOOOO HYPED!!!
Hope I get a VIN soon and make the same truck yours will be on. I went by the Cincy service center Sunday and the SA had no new info, just that none had been delivered yet and mine should come in Jan based on EDD.

Reactions: flippingrich
Honestly, this thread is just starting to piss me off more now. Seeing people who ordered months after me get VINs assigned, particularly after I spent an extra $6500 to “guarantee” delivery this year, is annoying. Even more so when I live in Oregon, and they live across the country. It’s almost as if Tesla execs sit around a table and actively deliberate ways they can make the entire delivery experience less transparent and more frustrating.
Expect your vin before end of year. They build the West coast ones while the East coast ones are being shipped.

Go to the Westheimer SC and talk to the sales guys there. They may give you some insight. I was there this morning. The lot is full of 3, Y and refreshed S.
Yeah. I'll be there on the 6th for a service appointment on my M3 again. I'll ask then if nothing comes my way before then. Not worried. Just know I can't pick up my MX between the 20th and 30th as I'll be in FL. Don't want them giving my car to someone else.

• Love
Please welcome a new VINner: YJXCBE5XMF326XXX
Order date: 02/21/2021
The car:
  • Model X Long Range
  • Pearl White Multi-Coat
  • 20'' Cyberstream Wheels
  • All Black Premium Interior with Ebony DĂ©cor
  • Six Seat Interior
  • Yoke Steering Wheel
  • Autopilot
  • Pay-as-you-go Supercharging
Woot! Congrats! I ordered same day in Marin (just north of you) with only difference being black exterior and 22” wheels. Wonder if the wheels are in shorter supply… Though we have seen those ship in a few posts here

And folks, track your VINs!!!!!

And folks, track your VINs!!!!!

✍️ added my order