Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's correct. I was shocked at first since I'm reading that all these people who ordered over a year ago haven't received one.

I doubt I'll be getting mine before everyone else who's been waiting. I think someone screwed up a Tesla or we have a bigger issue.

I'm not ready to take delivery anytime soon.
Congrats! I hope it sticks…. Lot of angry folks but Tesla’s incompetence is not your fault so enjoy!

Whoever was stating that the X’s that were delivered with the 22” wheels were missing a part might be right! Was looking at the meet your X video and it’s seems to have the missing part. However, some of the pics we’ve seen of delivered X’s with the 22” wheels don’t. 🤔
F228C160-2F95-4718-AC27-08B2A985AD50.jpeg
A9733B65-181D-404C-B6A3-4423E4A57732.jpeg

Attachments

• C3D8DA1F-6022-4218-B622-88D1CCD2C580.jpeg
    C3D8DA1F-6022-4218-B622-88D1CCD2C580.jpeg
    575 KB · Views: 59
Whoever was stating that the X’s that were delivered with the 22” wheels were missing a part might be right! Was looking at the meet your X video and it’s seems to have the missing part. However, some of the pics we’ve seen of delivered X’s with the 22” wheels don’t. 🤔
View attachment 740349View attachment 740350
But then it also shows the rims without the “inserts” when they’re opening the FWD 30 secs into the video.

The lesson I learned this week, don't pay until you know for sure your car is in transport or already at the SC.
I would not pay until you have time to view the car, and use the new car checklists in this forum.

Make sure there is nothing wrong. Or if there is something wrong they either fix it immediately (minor issues) or put it on a due bill.

Reactions: KidsEyeDr
That's correct. I was shocked at first since I'm reading that all these people who ordered over a year ago haven't received one.

I doubt I'll be getting mine before everyone else who's been waiting. I think someone screwed up a Tesla or we have a bigger issue.

I'm not ready to take delivery anytime soon.
I have the same config and a May ‘21 order, and NYC area.

Happy for you!

Here's what you missed...

Loads of VINners -
(People who WON the MX Lottery became "VINners" and it became a thing - desperate people tend to think that they're creative)
Including many longtime lurkers "first time posters"
We looked skeptically at them even though we congratulated them... and secretly still believe that they're Tesla interns messing with us.

Some long time folks became VINners also likeThe Oracle, Mr. "I have a good feeling" himself, @EV_LIFE as well as OG @EL0NTRK (who posted on Page1 of the thread) got vins.

THEN even MORE people got vins... including someone who ordered in July 2021, and then another person (Monk something or other) who claims to have ordered in September 2021 (That's one of those interns we were talking about)

We got a deluge of VINs on Tuesday and everyone was on cloud nine!!! until we realized that no matter how many times we refreshed our accounts, we weren't VINning - just other people. We kept celebrating anyway.

THEN ON WEDNESDAY (dun dun duuuuuuuun) a handful of VINs were taken away - SAY WHAAAAAAAT!? - That was NOT supposed to happen.

Since then, we haven't had a single new VINner.

And I was accused of being an intern. And @Stro nearly quit the waiting room. And @LadyMX took delivery. And @jbrowdy had to be talked off of the ledge a few times. And @niogyn started calling @DaddyPig "Daddy" which I think is amazing and hilarious on so many levels. And the west coast (WA, OR, UT, MT, CO, NV, NM, AZ) is still waiting on their first VINner.

There is a sort of mix of joy and hope and anger, and pain all at once.

But other than that... just another typical 2 weeks in the waiting room :D Welcome back!
@TWENT2, @EV_LIFE, @Stro, @niogyn and all the rest of you, I am going to truly miss you when this *sugar* show is over. Fortunately, we don’t know when that’s gonna be, so let’s all just enjoy the togetherness and embrace the moment!