Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got this update today when I log into my account. If I hit update design, it takes me to an order page and my new price is $20k higher and my delivery date is December 2022. Has this happened to anyone else?

I ordinarily ordered in October 2020.

View attachment 740491
You ordered the old version pre refresh and I guess you never accepted the new model. The picture you are showing in your order is a pre refresh model X.

They won’t deliver a new one to you unless to Update your design and accept new price

Whoever was stating that the X’s that were delivered with the 22” wheels were missing a part might be right! Was looking at the meet your X video and it’s seems to have the missing part. However, some of the pics we’ve seen of delivered X’s with the 22” wheels don’t. 🤔
View attachment 740349View attachment 740350
Thanks for backing me up! Def missing parts on wheels.

I’m sorry I’m too old to be a fanboy and defend a company like this. I’m paying them lots of money not the other way around. You can keep those rose colored glasses on, but their quality control, logistics, communication and customer service are absolutely putrid, especially for a company selling products in this price range. But god forbid anyone were to criticize Tesla when there are rabid fanboys online….. most of which probably don’t even own one…. Because when you spend over 100k and get treated like this your fanboyism goes out the window really fast.
Completely agree with you

Reactions: eshtog
All wheels are now black rims (20” and 22”).
I hate that Tesla decided to change the color of wheels suddenly a few months ago. I upgraded to the 22s because the silver 20s just didn’t look good on our future MSM X. I would happily downgrade to the 20s now that they’re black and match the car better. The decreased range over recent months makes me wish I had the 20s, but as you know, too late to switch now and lose 15k for a 5k wheel downgrade.

I hate that Tesla decided to change the color of wheels suddenly a few months ago. I upgraded to the 22s because the silver 20s just didn’t look good on our future MSM X. I would happily downgrade to the 20s now that they’re black and match the car better. The decreased range over recent months makes me wish I had the 20s, but as you know, too late to switch now and lose 15k for a 5k wheel downgrade.
This🙌🏼

same I literally switched to 22's after I ordered as I didn't like the silver color. But I guess it's too late to go back.

Yah, I spent $3,000 on some 20” Satin Black T-Sportlines back in March because I didn’t like the silvers either and wanted my wheels ready to go when the car came in April 😂. Now I will need to sell them. If anybody with 22’s wants a set of 20’s, hit me up.

Last edited:
I think it’s worth asking for an exception. Unless you’re a vinner… then don’t rock the boat. VINs are clearly finicky!

Yah, I spent $2,500 on some 20” Satin Black T-Sportlines back in March because I didn’t like the silvers either and wanted my wheels ready to go when the car came in April 😂. Now I will need to sell them. If anybody with 22’s wants a set of 20’s, hit me up.
Use the T-sportlines and sell the ones from Tesla. The T-sportline forged wheels are usually lighter and should give you a bit more range.

And we can’t even get a damn X VIN, it’s like a big F.U. to X orders.

1638632682390.png

I had upgraded to the 22s for the same reason! Wife wasn't feeling the silver so we went with the black (or is it gunmetal?) rims.

Reactions: 1pinhigh
Hate to say it but the new 22’s are downright ugly while the black 20’s rock…