Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is the Model X Refresh Waiting Room.

It is an unreasonable expectation to assume the individuals waiting for this car will not discuss waiting for this car in the Waiting Room thread.

Participation in this thread is 100% voluntary. Nobody is telling anyone they are required to read/respond.
Correct. Lets all wait with positive hopes, dreams and expectations and help our fellow buyers do the same. Its so unhealthy for our fellow buyers to be so angry, upset, whiney and venting. Others have mentioned the 20 post cycle and some have mentioned anger management classes. Hopefully we'll start vin ing again, but expect major delays and lack of communication. If you expect something different google Tesla customer service for the last 10 yrs, lower expectations or offer to pay more for them to set up a actual customer service department.

Been crazy busy lately with work and family. Any way to get a quick run down of updates from the last week or so? Did some people lose their VINs?
1. Lots of VINs started to come in early in the week (relatively speaking...still only maybe a dozen?)...including one or two (or three) from folks who ordered as late as June-Oct. 2021.

2. Most VINs disappeared the next day. Mixed messages from Tesla as to why. Some unfortunate folks went through insurance and partial payment before their VIN was yanked.

3. Still no plaid or foreign VINs.

4. Discussion about whether it is appropriate to vent in this thread. Arguable trolling.

LadyMX… Got a faulty falcon wing door, doesn’t know when she'll get it back.
Waiting for the car and not getting updates is nothing compared to waiting on a Service Center. The Service Centers were great back when I first got my 2015 S but now they struggle to keep up with the number of Teslas they need to get in.

However, as bad as the Service Centers have gotten they still seem to try. I’ve never once texted the SC and not gotten a response that was somewhat reliable. It may just be that it’s still being worked on but that at least let’s us know something.

The communication on delivery is horrendous. It’s not that I’ve had no communication, if so that would be different. The Cybertruck and Roadster 2.0 are good example of that- we know they’ll come out someday (hopefully), but no one has said when and put us in a position to make plans to receive it.

What’s happened is we have received communications. It was that the refresh X was entering production and would be shipping soon. When I ordered in February Tesla not only communicated in a way that led me to believe that I would get the X but also put an estimated date of “April, then July, then October” in my dashboard. Those dates came and went with no update. My April date didn’t change until mid-May. After that I knew something was up but that doesn’t change the fact that steps had been taken on my part because I relied on what was said.

Now, the above isn’t wining. It’s a fact; exactly what happened. A car isn’t a quickly disposable product that one buys an extra to get by. It’s a long term purchase that a person uses for years. I for one find you being very immature just taking everyone’s post and saying “you’re just wining”. If you read through a majority of these posts are either venting frustrations, sharing new info people have found out about their EDD, or those who have their X answering questions and sharing it with us still waiting.

How about you join in and stop filling the thread with quotes of posts and saying those people are wining?

555 Angel Number 555 Meaning: Change is Coming! You NEED to Prepare. ... Angel number 555 meaning this is a signal flare intended to wake you up, because changes are on their way. While all angel numbers are important, seeing 555 indicates that you have a huge opportunity for transformation

I just found out my original Dec 2020 order got updated to May 2021. I originally ordered LR Plus Model X on Dec 29th, 2020. I waited because there was no stock of Model X at all at the time. Refresh announcement came out on January and I was excited about it. My SA told me wait won't be that long so I waited at the time. Time flies and on May 18th, I got a phone call from Tesla. The name of the guy was Joshua and he told me that he will update my account with $2000 or $2500? (Can't remember correctly) discount for pre refresh order so I agreed. Is this why I still didn't get my VIN? Shouldn't they put my order as Dec 29th 2020 since that is the date I placed an order?
Many of us are in the same boat. The Ole Tesla Two Step... I too ordered in 2020 but no cars available. Then refresh happened and they canceled my order but not my reservation number. When I begrudgingly agreed to the $8K increase the swore up and down on top of the $2k in savings for the refresh all Pre-refresh orders will have first in line priority for build and delivery. Now with chips shortages, parts shortages yadda yadda yadda... all bets are off. We are all looking at the tea leaves trying to figure out when might the magic day happen but my take is 6 seaters now

Reactions: lauraut
Waiting for the car and not getting updates is nothing compared to waiting on a Service Center. The Service Centers were great back when I first got my 2015 S but now they struggle to keep up with the number of Teslas they need to get in.

However, as bad as the Service Centers have gotten they still seem to try. I’ve never once texted the SC and not gotten a response that was somewhat reliable. It may just be that it’s still being worked on but that at least let’s us know something.

The communication on delivery is horrendous. It’s not that I’ve had no communication, if so that would be different. The Cybertruck and Roadster 2.0 are good example of that- we know they’ll come out someday (hopefully), but no one has said when and put us in a position to make plans to receive it.

What’s happened is we have received communications. It was that the refresh X was entering production and would be shipping soon. When I ordered in February Tesla not only communicated in a way that led me to believe that I would get the X but also put an estimated date of “April, then July, then October” in my dashboard. Those dates came and went with no update. My April date didn’t change until mid-May. After that I knew something was up but that doesn’t change the fact that steps had been taken on my part because I relied on what was said.

Now, the above isn’t wining. It’s a fact; exactly what happened. A car isn’t a quickly disposable product that one buys an extra to get by. It’s a long term purchase that a person uses for years. I for one find you being very immature just taking everyone’s post and saying “you’re just wining”. If you read through a majority of these posts are either venting frustrations, sharing new info people have found out about their EDD, or those who have their X answering questions and sharing it with us still waiting.

How about you join in and stop filling the thread with quotes of posts and saying those people are wining?
Yeah what Steve said.

I agree with your comments about the service centers ...horrible. delays and poor communication, even lying and deception..agree. I did not say...everyone...was whining. You politely stuck to the facts. The over the top..venting, anger, extra angry, whining for the sake of whining peiple should chill, take a pill, go for a jog, lower expectations or as someone else suggested try anger management classes.
Why dont you write up your concerns and complaints and send then to Tesla instead of unloading on a forum of people optimistically waiting for a car. Thks.

• Helpful
Reactions: DelPhonic1
Moderator note: Moved 21 posts to Snippiness. Mostly for personal attacks on people, comments construed as trolling, and non-snippy posts that quoted snippy things. Come on folks, let's be good to each other, OK? This thread is going to have some varied opinions, some blowing off of stream, etc. We aren't all going to agree on everything, but we're all here for more or less the same reason, which is to turn from waiters into VINners and then into Model X owners.

Thanks!

Bruce.

Make no mistake.. I am not wining.. I just have been told that I was softmatched in October.. November and now December.. Had a VIN assigned, got insurance, started to move money around to pay for it.. Then had VIN taken away with little to no explanation.. I like you all and have enjoyed being detectives/guessing whats next.. But considering there has literally been not a peep about anything for almost a year is beyond frustrating.. I own a Model 3 now so I'm not as bad off as some who are out of their leases or have sold cars believing the false narratives that is Teslas EDD systems.. Delays due to "Chips,parts, etc." is one thing but to be producing record amounts of 3's Y's and bringing the S on with ZERO explanation on when the FIRST X will roll off the line is insane.. Not wining.. LOVE Tesla, and Musk.. But this is not right.. and I am simply calling a spade a spade.. as are many others here..

Make no mistake.. I am not wining.. I just have been told that I was softmatched in October.. November and now December.. Had a VIN assigned, got insurance, started to move money around to pay for it.. Then had VIN taken away with little to no explanation.. I like you all and have enjoyed being detectives/guessing whats next.. But considering there has literally been not a peep about anything for almost a year is beyond frustrating.. I own a Model 3 now so I'm not as bad off as some who are out of their leases or have sold cars believing the false narratives that is Teslas EDD systems.. Delays due to "Chips,parts, etc." is one thing but to be producing record amounts of 3's Y's and bringing the S on with ZERO explanation on when the FIRST X will roll off the line is insane.. Not wining.. LOVE Tesla, and Musk.. But this is not right.. and I am simply calling a spade a spade.. as are many others here..
This is Tesla...my same exact experience. Ordered Jan, sold X #1 in August, VINd, ins, started moving money, delete, no communication.
This is Tesla for the last 10yrs. Open eyeballs, google rotten Tesla customer service.
Some others called me a Troll. Not even sure what an online Tesla Troll is. I will google.
Type up your complaints and suggestions, better yet start a complaints and suggestions thread. Where these angry and unhappy buyers can post legitimate suggestions in one location instead of on here being unproductive, negative and sad.
15 yrs ago I heard the comment a complaint is a gift....what? So true. So why don't all the angrys and well intentioned start a new thread of Gifts for Tesla instead of dumping on this thread?
What would your mother want you to do? Thanks