Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
View attachment 741672I picked up my X on Sunday. It’s amazing and would’ve been worth waiting two years if necessary. Much has improved compared to my 2017 model. I hate to see orders being pushed back for so many and honestly feel a little guilty to have received mine when others who ordered before December 24 last year still don’t have theirs. I really hope they start pumping out vins to more and more cars soon but trust me it will all be worth it when you see it for the first time.

PS: Make sure you contact Tesla immediately when your vin is assigned. If they don’t put a placeholder delivery date in the system you could lose the vin at any time.
Congratulations! Hopefully we're all on the home stretch of waiting!

Reactions: T.REX
More inconsistent information from Tesla:

Web chat agent told me that my car was in final build status and she would have someone local call me regarding delivery. Got a call 20 min later from a local manager (boss of the SA who doesn’t even reply). Really nice guy, and genuinely apologetic for Tesla’s abysmal communication. Funny thing, he gave me a much more pessimistic response than the chat agent. Didn’t see any activity in my reservation. and therefore suggested it could be many more months as they’re only now delivering orders from 12/20 (I ordered 7/21). If nothing else, it was the first professional interaction I’ve had with a Tesla employee thus far, so I do appreciate the contact even if it wasn’t good news. How could the web chat agent have been so wrong?!

I’m obviously disappointed since I’ve planned several roadtrips and an ending car lease around the Jan delivery date. Sounds like they are just slammed with overwhelming orders and a parts shortage. Just wish they could invest in proper customer service and communication. The delay sucks, but if they communicate proactively and honestly, at least we can plan around not having our cars on time…
FWIW I’m a day one order in CA and my advisor is also a manager. When we first got a hint that deliveries were forthcoming I asked her and her response was be optimistic about March but be prepared for September 22. I decided at that point never to ask again lol

For now, just buy a functioning vehicle that meets your needs.
I drive a Sienna. It works and I don’t GAF.
It works and I’ll be ready for my X when it comes.
🥂
Not doing the golf cart commute anymore.
I bought a used Model X from Tesla.
Process has been smooth and seamless including great communication, and frequent follow up by phone, text and email. Financing, Tesla insurance base on my driving score, delivery scheduling, paperwork all online with text and email confirmations. All as it should be for customer service and will be with the new ones. They must be having major manufacturing issues just like my company is trying to build new homes in this supply chain mess. There is a surprise around every week with something else unavailable. With something as complex and advanced as X it is so much more of a target for supply problems. Hang in there folks!

California is a two-party consent state so be careful when recording a Tesla phone call coming from CA. Notify them you are recording otherwise it's illegal to do so. Taking contemporaneous notes is a different story.
It is a two party state, but you can record calls made to you without consent. If Tesla called him he doesn’t need consent, if he called Tesla he would need two party consent at that point. Also many “illegal recordings” are still used in civil cases, it is only criminal that it becomes illegal/shut down.

Each Tesla takes a long time to make. This is because each vehicle is now being handcrafted by one individual. Mine is being built by a guy named Fred. Fred takes pride in his welding and soldering. Sometimes, Fred asks his friend Alvin to help him mount windshields onto the frame.

I hope Alvin is building your car. He is a nice man and Fred will help him.
True, but Alvin is busy digging up limestone to mix with his soda ash and sand, to forge into glass. Or whatever new concoction he’s trying today. 😉

And yes, to those bitching, you don’t understand Elon; he’s so far ahead of you that you just don’t get it. Also, Elon’s view is very aspirational and fluid. At the time he said that it was 100% true, but seconds later the situation changed and you can’t fault him for that.

Peace, TeslaBitches™️… your time will come. 😗😉

Not doing the golf cart commute anymore.
I bought a used Model X from Tesla.
Process has been smooth and seamless including great communication, and frequent follow up by phone, text and email. Financing, Tesla insurance base on my driving score, delivery scheduling, paperwork all online with text and email confirmations. All as it should be for customer service and will be with the new ones. They must be having major manufacturing issues just like my company is trying to build new homes in this supply chain mess. There is a surprise around every week with something else unavailable. With something as complex and advanced as X it is so much more of a target for supply problems. Hang in there folks!
Yeah actually not a bad idea.

Then again, after driving my wife’s Model Y, I drove an old model S and it was positively shocking how much the tech has improved over time. Maybe a more recent build wouldn’t be so vastly inferior.

Elon Musk LIES! It’s almost comical. He is the most unreliable source of information at Tesla.
Fanboys will say, “No, you don’t understand him, he’s so far ahead of you that you just don’t get it”. Or “Elon’s view is very aspirational and fluid. At the time he said that it was 100% true, but seconds later the situation changed and you can’t fault him for that.“

If Elon Musk personally called me with a status update on my order, I would not believe him, or should I say… I would add two weeks to his EDD.

No one tells a lie better than someone who believes it's the truth.

Still, one does begin to wonder with Elon. He can't believe that much! But, as well stated above, it's entirely possible that they keep running into new supply chain issues, new labor issues, new shipping issues. Whatever. Everything else seems to be going that way nowadays!

I was telling somebody I hadn't had conversations like we have now since the Carter years. Oh well - " into each life ..."

More non-information for me, I just need to accept that it won’t be here anytime soon. So frustrating.

Attachments

• 791AC6A3-F1F5-4017-B4D2-3981AAC25069.png
    791AC6A3-F1F5-4017-B4D2-3981AAC25069.png
    680.4 KB · Views: 100
  • F778A4E2-7BF1-47BD-834F-DF27A2866272.png
    F778A4E2-7BF1-47BD-834F-DF27A2866272.png
    672.4 KB · Views: 73
Yeah actually not a bad idea.

Then again, after driving my wife’s Model Y, I drove an old model S and it was positively shocking how much the tech has improved over time. Maybe a more recent build wouldn’t be so vastly inferior.
Shocking is one word, another is terrifying. It's not the tech that terrifies me, it's the nuts and bolts and plastics. They knew how to car when they designed and procured and began production on Model Y. With the first few years of Model S...they were running a public beta on a whole-ass car company

I wonder if the Austin Y will make the early 3 look similarly prehistoric, or if they're going to just use Austin to take cost out of the cars

I just called the number and talked to an incredibly unhelpful but assured person. He told me i should expect my car May '22. He said the hold up was they are only making black interiors now. When I asked if I could change my interior, seeing as I have been waiting since October of '20 for my car, and I upgraded my seat config to 6 to expedite delivery by end of the year. He said, sorry no. He also said they are prioritizing California deliveries. When I asked how secure he was in this info... he said if I see this in my system it means it's real. He was slightly apologetic, but not really. I really hope this guy was wrong.

• Informative
Reactions: DelPhonic1 and Stro
I just called the number and talked to an incredibly unhelpful but assured person. He told me i should expect my car May '22. He said the hold up was they are only making black interiors now. When I asked if I could change my interior, seeing as I have been waiting since October of '20 for my car, and I upgraded my seat config to 6 to expedite delivery by end of the year. He said, sorry no. He also said they are prioritizing California deliveries. When I asked how secure he was in this info... he said if I see this in my system it means it's real. He was slightly apologetic, but not really. I really hope this guy was wrong.
Don't be surprised if that number becomes disconnected 🤷🏾‍♂️

I am in the same boat . I genuinely thinking about canceling the order of my X which I placed back on December 8th 2020 !! Exactly a year ago . I don't even know what to do anymore. I have been pushed back to February. This happened just today . Any advise?
I can't even cancel. There is no cancel button for me. Does anyone still have MVPA shown in the account? My MVPA still has VIN inside.

chrome_XtC1C2wwiS.png

I called Freemont as well and spoke to someone. He said my account is showing March for him (shows Feb on my end) he literally said it’s just a placeholder and I asked him what is it “holding” since it’s moved 4 times and now shows 11 months after the original EDD. This is ridiculous. I pressed him for more info and he said the Model X is in R&D and I told him how can it be in R&D if you’ve already delivered some. He was a little shocked that I knew they had delivered some and he just said “yes they are still researching and developing this car”. There is something wrong. I asked at the end if he was a betting man how much would he bet on me getting my car in March and he said he wouldn’t bet. Super thrilled at the confidence. Glad I ordered pre-fresh and jumped the line. For the first time I’m having serious second thoughts about this purchase.
It is the same with any car. GM and Ford have people's ordered trucks partially built and sitting in fields or parking lots waiting on components. Drive by any car lot and count the number of new cars they have. Near me, most of the dealer lots are empty and the few cars they do have are used.

Reactions: KidsEyeDr
I'm (eventually) taking delivery at Fremont and so also called to see what story they would spin for me. Similar to another poster (we probably had the same rep), she said best case scenario February, worst case end of March. She said some orders are showing Feb-March, but mine said Feb (doubtful this means anything). Buying out my current lease, so hoping for... June?