Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Uhhh. You realize that most of the people who live there are East Indian right? They definitely pronounce it "Freemont". :cool:

/me spent 16 years in the Bay Area.....
It is pronounced Freemont. I was talking about correct spelling, which is Fremont. I lived there for several years. Nobody pronounces it any other way besides “Freemont”, so it’s not just the Indians.

If we are all in this together for another 2-6 months, we may have to come up with some fresh stuff to talk about. Drone videos and subsequent speculation about said videos are great, but can only help so much in passing the time. I know, I know - go on walks, hug spouse and kids, volunteer, read, invent something, organize the basement. I hear you. But, you are all part of my extended family at this point, and I certainly don’t want to neglect my family.

Feel free to toss out some ideas.

Here‘s one: Your Favorite ICE Driving Experience. It can be a one-time experience or a car you owned. For me, two come to mind:

1. A 1980-something black convertible Corvette. It was my dad’s and I had the occasion to take it out. Incredible engine sounds.
  2. Dodge Challenger. Yes, you read that right. A Tesla die hard who previously owned a Chally. I actually had a reservation on the MS literally before the car was released. I got cold feet, cancelled and bought the Challenger. It was a great value and a lot of fun. I then came back to my senses, sold it and re-reserved a MS. By the way, they put me back to the front of the line because I agreed to the highest trim level… But, I digress, we are talking about anything but Tesla’s here!
My favorite ICE driving experience was driving a Porsche GT3 at Laguna Seca. Driving up to, and then down through the Corkscrew at speed is a bucket list adventure for sure. If you love to drive, Laguna Seca is one of the great tracks in the world. Next bucket list driving item is to drive the Nurburgring.

Canceled my wife’s X order in October and ordered an EQS 450+. I just got notified it’s been built and has shipped. Should be here January or February. The thing I like most about the experience is the salesman contacting me with information about my car. They actually know something. The most maddening thing about our X order was having to come to this forum for information.
Everyone here is great it’s just frustrating not getting a single word from Tesla.

Canceled my wife’s X order in October and ordered an EQS 450+. I just got notified it’s been built and has shipped. Should be here January or February. The thing I like most about the experience is the salesman contacting me with information about my car. They actually know something. The most maddening thing about our X order was having to come to this forum for information.
Everyone here is great it’s just frustrating not getting a single word from Tesla.
I almost pulled the trigger on one that's in stock here. After getting in, I wasn't impressed. So I passed.

I’ve seen stories that indicate Tesla outsources bench seats. They do make the bucket seats in-house. Not sure about whether or not the bench seats come from a supplier is true. The point is there are tons of rumors about why delays are happening with few being verified.
People are complaining about the harshness of the Plaid back seat bench. Maybe that has to do with the X as well with possibly same supplier?

Reactions: Gurl3x4me
What Did the EQS cost with options? Did the dealer mark it up?

Shocking is one word, another is terrifying. It's not the tech that terrifies me, it's the nuts and bolts and plastics. They knew how to car when they designed and procured and began production on Model Y. With the first few years of Model S...they were running a public beta on a whole-ass car company

I wonder if the Austin Y will make the early 3 look similarly prehistoric, or if they're going
Only 4G? Honestly kinda surprised

Freemont has a production capacity of 500,000+ vehicles. I don’t think there’s that much demand for Model S and X
Per Elon, Fremont will be ramping up significantly, some say to closer to a million vehicles/yr. Its that Tesla lightstpeed manufacturing progress. Maybe they're also moving some of the office peeps to that big-ass office complex they just leased in Stanford to make room.

Hello there. First time posting here ever.........

I have my Model X Plaid 6 Seater Black with White interior and 22" wheels on order since October 12, 2020 !!!!!!!!!!
Am just so very tires of how long I have been waiting and am running out of steam at this point.......
I am a fan as I also have the Model Y Long Range but have no confidence any longer and this is because of the lack of communication from Tesla. I wish they would treat the loyal customers like we deserve.

View attachment 742424
Drive in and talk with the salespeople.

Hello there. First time posting here ever.........

I have my Model X Plaid 6 Seater Black with White interior and 22" wheels on order since October 12, 2020 !!!!!!!!!!
Am just so very tires of how long I have been waiting and am running out of steam at this point.......
I am a fan as I also have the Model Y Long Range but have no confidence any longer and this is because of the lack of communication from Tesla. I wish they would treat the loyal customers like we deserve.

View attachment 742424
You state ordered 10/12/20 >>>MXP Order document dated 10/12/21 ???????

I used 14-50 to charge overnight for 3 years of model S lease. Worked fine. Tempted to upgrade to HPWC while waiting for MX, but even folks at Tesla say it’s not really worth it other than for looks…What’s the consensus?
We have the HPWC at home and a 14-50 at the in-laws (75 miles away or so). HPWC is very nice for people who do a lot of driving and live on a tight schedule. You come home, eat dinner, and head out for a long drive with enough range that you don’t need a supercharger pause.

Last edited:
Reactions: DIL