Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
View attachment 742651Just got this mail from Tesla a few minutes ago. The first actual confirmation & update I guess I have seen without pestering the SC.
Has anyone else outside North America received this? Basically says all non US order deliveries can only start after the 2nd half of 2022. My original price & order will be respected and that all further new orders for the MS & MX have been stopped until further notice.
Got the same message. If they'd have communicated this just one month earlier, we'd be driving a 2017 model X right now. Really feeling like second class over here.
I'm thinking of calling time of death, since second half of 2022 might just turn into Q4, which will turn into Q1 2023, which turns into God knows what. There's just nothing even remotely close on the European market right now.

Reactions: colo
1639158386793.png

All Xs - Hmmm... 🧐

Just had the following email direct from Tesla.

Translated from German:

We will contact you regarding the timing

Of your Model X order.

As we expand production capacity, the launch dates for markets outside North America have shifted. We will inform you about the delivery times via your Tesla account as the production of your Model X approaches. We currently expect deliveries outside North America to begin in the second half of 2022.

In order to speed up the delivery of existing orders, including your Model X order, as much as possible, we no longer accept new orders for Model S and Model X from markets outside North America. The price of your Model X is still the same as at the time of ordering, unless your vehicle configuration has been changed.

If you want to apply your order fee to another model or receive a full refund, request a call to talk directly to a Tesla consultant.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Sincerely,

Your Tesla team
Swedish clients have also received that mail from Tesla team.

Those on this forum or elsewhere that think that there is a lack of demand of S and X.
Why should Tesla do these stop in new orders outside North America if there was lack of demand?

I think two reason is the long production stop and a raise in demand above the demand before the production stop.

Reactions: Hebert
I just noticed that 2022 Model X LR and 2022 Model X Plaid were just added to the California DMV clean air sticker eligibility list:

I checked 1 week ago and they weren't there so they were likely JUST added. When I looked last week there were no 2022; only the 2021 Model X LR was there (there was and still is no 2021 Model X Plaid)

Swedish clients have also received that mail from Tesla team.

Those on this forum or elsewhere that think that there is a lack of demand of S and X.
Why should Tesla do these stop in new orders outside North America if there was lack of demand?

I think two reason is the long production stop and a raise in demand above the demand before the production stop.
My understanding is that you can still place an order for a new S/X outside of North America, but that the price wasn't locked in. I guess if Tesla is going to take several years to deliver these vehicles, no telling what the "current price" is going to be...

Here is some good news for all of you guys still waiting. The order detail is in my signature so please look at it before asking.
The car was in Dallas when i posted yesterday and just now, i open my Tesla app and did not expect much but there it was, my delivery date for this Sunday.
I also notice the 2K discount for pre refresh reservation holder reflected in the final payment info.

Woohoo cant wait to go get her on Sunday. Will take pics.

View attachment 742660
Congratulations!! I knew it was a long shot but deep down I was hoping they’d just put my car on the truck to Houston with yours and I’d get it sooner, but no joy on my end. Im happy for you nonetheless! I can’t wait to see some pictures of it!

Tesla announced to potential buyers today that it stopped taking new Model S and Model X orders outside North America.
It now expects deliveries in other markets to start during the second half of 2022.