Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@pjoshi101 posted a picture of his red MX deliver with white interior a day or two ago. I'd post it if I could find it. (hopefully I tagged the right joshi).

Attachments

• 903BD155-C42D-495F-9731-FF28D9E4E3A5.jpeg
    903BD155-C42D-495F-9731-FF28D9E4E3A5.jpeg
    426 KB · Views: 123
  • F19C6DDD-26A9-49AA-B24F-353F05CEA4BE.jpeg
    F19C6DDD-26A9-49AA-B24F-353F05CEA4BE.jpeg
    534.1 KB · Views: 112
  • 75440A90-114D-418B-AE2E-24FC4A5C4970.jpeg
    75440A90-114D-418B-AE2E-24FC4A5C4970.jpeg
    638 KB · Views: 102
  • 7C760A91-2008-457C-B702-D479281AA898.jpeg
    7C760A91-2008-457C-B702-D479281AA898.jpeg
    569 KB · Views: 89
@Richbot, I think you nailed it. My (totally uneducated) guess is that this whole refresh is not about putting a better product on the road to compel existing customers to upgrade and to attract new customers. Rather, I think the refresh is about implementing an economy of scale - somehow making the X manufacturing more streamlined and cheaper to make. Increased margins = increased growth.

Just my .02.

Hi,
Sorry for the loss to my Houston colleague ...

I just spoke to a SA. Nothing new. She (nice and very responsive) said that finally the factory is ramping up production. When I said that I previously had a VIN number assigned, then removed and when called to ask what happen was told that I will receive a new one soon... she said that we received those VIN numbers of pre-production vehicles (whatever that means) and that is why the removed them. She said that as soon as a vehicle matches my configuration and delivery location I will get a new VIN... In other words... please keep waiting. As you can see nothing new.
What's the best number to contact?

John Q Public doesn't care about global warming. But he might care that Model X costs about 25% per mile to operate compared to a comparably-priced Escalade or insert other $80,000 (oops, wait, $100,000) luxury 7-passenger vehicle, while also fitting inside a regular sized parking space (barely) and handling and accelerating significantly better.

John Q Public might also be interested in how Model X can tow his boat, and yes John Q Public definitely has a boat if he's having this conversation with you.

Just don't tell John Q Public what a new windscreen costs. Or that the sunshades don't pivot to the side windows

So its official :
I am picking my MX tomorrow !!
It is really unbelievable how you can go from February delivery to Vin and then the next day , " Your vehicle is already in the Burbank location and already inspected and ready for pick up ".. So unreal..
I will upload some pics after tomorrow. It is going to be pouring rain here in LA , of course I have waited over a year and it has to rain tomorrow 🤷‍♂️😜
This is what I hope for every day. What was your order date? I should walk down to the Burbank location and look for my blue/white.

I just received an email from my dealer stating my X is in production - and asking if I’m ready to take delivery by the end of the year! I responded “Yes” and receive another email seconds later!!! Curious how long the process will take to receive a VIN.

Order Date: 2/6/2021
Black exterior/Black interior/6 seat/20 inch rims/FSD enabled/LR
EDD still shows February
*I haven’t been contacted yet besides going from EDD January to February like most of you.

Things are happening!!!!

1639519916566.jpeg

Buddy in Houston just got a vin.
03/21 order
White exterior, black interior and 6 seater.

Crazy how most of us with older orders still don’t have vins.
No it makes total sense since that’s my same configuration and I ordered Jan 24 and live closer to Fremont than them.

Or at least internal communication is improving at Tesla...

After yesterday’s disappointing delivery cancellation and unknown status, got a call this morning that my Red X was ready for pickup.
I want to thank this thread for the support and better communication that the Tesla team! Here are some pics. Driving experience to follow. View attachment 743375

A few hundred pages back we had some owners confirm it was present.
thank you