Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do anyone else sometimes sit back and think this is unreal? Lol waiting almost a year for this car. Sometimes I can’t even believe it myself. I remember back when they announced it I was like darn I got a march 2021 EDD ugh I have to wait til march 😩 now the EDD is Feb 2022 😳
Exactly this. This is my first Tesla, and it's also the first time I've waited so long for virtually anything I was buying. Prior to this, the longest I have ever waited for a vehicle was my current truck, which I waited two days for and that's only because they added a spray-in bed liner and tinted windows. When I ordered in March I thought it was beyond crazy that I was waiting until June for delivery. I am so vested in this that I can't give up on it now!

Exactly this. This is my first Tesla, and it's also the first time I've waited so long for virtually anything I was buying. Prior to this, the longest I have ever waited for a vehicle was my current truck, which I waited two days for and that's only because they added a spray-in bed liner and tinted windows. When I ordered in March I thought it was beyond crazy that I was waiting until June for delivery. I am so vested in this that I can't give up on it now!
Welcome to the world of Tesla. Where patience is the key to success.

This is a little outdated. Anyway, bringing a checklist like this will only give you anxiety and obsession over weird things and make your delivery take hours and take all enjoyment out of the actual car you just bought. 99% of these things are warranty items and if discovered later they will fix anything, no worries at all.

Just take a quick look around for obvious things, paint, aligment and such. Take it home, during first 24 hours, look it over closely, and if anything shoot them a mail to note down any faults that needs a service apt to fix.
I like this! Yes, just take delivery unless there is a glaring issue. Even then, if they can fix it, just enjoy the X.
Said by someone who is quality & detail obsessive by nature. 😄 so I am advising myself!

I 100% would not keep it. In fact, I’m wishing I had ordered an LR because I might have a VIN by now. Smoking Lambos on PCH will be cool and all but I really need a car, like yesterday….
Honestly I think public awareness of Tesla prowess is going up logarithmically to the point most people feel it’s pointless to challenge a Tesla. You already won.

A random high end car at a red light almost immediately gave up when challenging a humble LR Y that I may or may not have been… in… 😎😜

I don’t think any plaids have been delivered. My plaid white/white 6 seater FSD order has been delayed 5 times. Has Feb 2022 EDD now. Which by now we all know EDD means nothing. Ordered Feb 2021.
There aren’t a ton of plaid reservation holders here. I say we all call Tesla and innocently ask about plaid deliveries. Maybe throw in that we hear there are “rumors“ of a significant delay and see what they say. I contacted someone the other day and they basically had nothing to say. Would be curious if anyone else gets any other information.

Edit: he actually did have something interesting to say, but I think he was confused. He said that plaid deliveries are very rare. He only knew of a few of them. I suspect he is uninformed, but that’s what he said.

1639866607324.jpeg
1639866637790.jpeg
1639866655718.jpeg
1639866672664.jpeg

Here are some more!

There aren’t a ton of plaid reservation holders here. I say we all call Tesla and innocently ask about plaid deliveries. Maybe throw in that we hear there are “rumors“ of a significant delay and see what they say. I contacted someone the other day and they basically had nothing to say. Would be curious if anyone else gets any other information.

Edit: he actually did have something interesting to say, but I think he was confused. He said that plaid deliveries are very rare. He only knew of a few of them. I suspect he is uninformed, but that’s what he said.
Nah. He’s correct. They were delivered to employees for testing.