Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For folks looking for a little insight in how the process went for me. This might most applicable for the West coast people out there because it was surprising quick after waiting for 8 months without a word from Tesla.

Friday 12/17

8PM VIN showed up. I noticed it around 8pm, but hadn’t refreshed since lunch. (Rare day where I didn’t refresh every 15 minutes!). VIN arrived, EDD still indicated February.

Saturday 12/18

1PM Reached out to my SA to get delivery information since the app offered no insight – still had EDD of February. His researched indicated it was loaded and ready to leave Fremont. He couldn’t see when the expected arrival date was, but he guessed ‘tomorrow’ was when I’d hear from the delivery team to schedule sometime mid-week. EDD: February

5pm Received text and voicemail from the Irvine SC delivery team. Car was in Irvine and ready for delivery as early as tomorrow morning. Less than 48 hours after I received the VIN they were ready to deliver! Doing a mad scramble to get them paid (finance or cash) but doesn’t look good for delivery 12/19. Likely have to push to 12/20. They did say they’ll work with Wells Fargo to get the approval this morning. Fingers crossed*** EDD: December 20th.

For folks looking for a little insight in how the process went for me. This might most applicable for the West coast people out there because it was surprising quick after waiting for 8 months without a word from Tesla.

Friday 12/17

8PM VIN showed up. I noticed it around 8pm, but hadn’t refreshed since lunch. (Rare day where I didn’t refresh every 15 minutes!). VIN arrived, EDD still indicated February.

Saturday 12/18

1PM Reached out to my SA to get delivery information since the app offered no insight – still had EDD of February. His researched indicated it was loaded and ready to leave Fremont. He couldn’t see when the expected arrival date was, but he guessed ‘tomorrow’ was when I’d hear from the delivery team to schedule sometime mid-week. EDD: February

5pm Received text and voicemail from the Irvine SC delivery team. Car was in Irvine and ready for delivery as early as tomorrow morning. Less than 48 hours after I received the VIN they were ready to deliver! Doing a mad scramble to get them paid (finance or cash) but doesn’t look good for delivery 12/19. Likely have to push to 12/20. They did say they’ll work with Wells Fargo to get the approval this morning. Fingers crossed*** EDD: December 20th.
Nice! I had a scheduled delivery for Sunday in Irvine too, but they called yesterday and said that their system said car was still in Fremont. Hopefully my car was in the same batch as yours and it’s there now for me to pick up.

Reactions: E_Dreams
Here you go.

Attachments

• DBA8A1AB-4FF9-4748-814B-A9CAFA3AB4DA.jpeg
    DBA8A1AB-4FF9-4748-814B-A9CAFA3AB4DA.jpeg
    133.8 KB · Views: 129
  • AE48769D-5842-46D9-8028-1CD3BFD64D65.jpeg
    AE48769D-5842-46D9-8028-1CD3BFD64D65.jpeg
    94.9 KB · Views: 76
My MSM X that got a VIN and lost it was tbd for the longest and just changed to Feb 🙄
Anyone who lost a vin and got one back..
What was your EDD timeline prior to getting another VIN?
Trying to figure out if this is good or bad
I feel like it’s bad but who knows?

So they changed the app again. I got excited at first. No more details on app, you have to click on ”go to account”. Then it just says prepare for delivery with no dates. There is a drop down on top right that says your car, there you see the date.
Mine does that from time to time and I think it has something to do with the app not loading all the way. If you refresh it again it should give you the regular “View” blue button.