Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No one here has accused me of being an optimist, but here’s one way to look at it: every month that goes by is another month I save on my MX payment! I bought my last MX when prices were insanely high (after which, Tesla dramatically dropped them. I think I heard them snickering all the way to the bank, joking about the dumba$$ who agreed to pay them a few year’s worth of college tuition. Sorry @TWENT2, I had to taint this ray of optimism with a little sarcasm). In any case, I digress. Since I sold my MX a year ago, I have saved a ton of money.

Thought that was gonna make me feel better. It didn’t 😔
I can’t stand dealerships. I dread them. I have plenty of bad experience stories, just like everyone else. But this Tesla experience is steadily climbing it’s way to match that crap. Especially reading what some of you are experiencing. This may very well be my last Tesla purchase. I feel abused.

I was catching up on posts and saw this.. what the heck!?!? Glad we all talk on here so we can catch Tesla messing up on things like this.
It’s soo messed up on multiple levels
Its basically proof that Elons “leaked” email is/was complete BS.. they are for certain going hard for their EOY push.. and they’re screwing over their most loyal customers in the process.. sad to realize for me personally but also sad that my favorite company is just like the rest of them.. all about that 💰

Just throwing an idea out..
when we bought a Ford in California while on vacation, we had the option of hiring a rollback to tow the truck to Nevada, where we signed and notarized a paper stating we took delivery in Nevada to avoid the CA Tax.
Wondering if Tesla could figure out that loophole and make things easier. I would be down to fly out and take delivery one state over just to get it sooner..

I can’t stand dealerships. I dread them. I have plenty of bad experience stories, just like everyone else. But this Tesla experience is steadily climbing it’s way to match that crap. Especially reading what some of you are experiencing. This may very well be my last Tesla purchase. I feel abused.
I hear you. Fortunately, I have a reservation on an R1S. I probably will take delivery on my model X, assuming it comes in this lifetime. If the Rivian pans out to be awesome like everyone says it is, maybe I’ll take delivery on that, too and ditch my model X as my segue out of this abusive relationship that I’ve been tolerating for so long!

No one here has accused me of being an optimist, but here’s one way to look at it: every month that goes by is another month I save on my MX payment! I bought my last MX when prices were insanely high (after which, Tesla dramatically dropped them. I think I heard them snickering all the way to the bank, joking about the dumba$$ who agreed to pay them a few year’s worth of college tuition. Sorry @TWENT2, I had to taint this ray of optimism with a little sarcasm). In any case, I digress. Since I sold my MX a year ago, I have saved a ton of money.

Thought that was gonna make me feel better. It didn’t 😔
This is definitely how my wife looks at the situation, haha.

Reactions: ironwill96
***URGENT UPDATE***

I had taken it upon myself to continue to check my order page and keep track of the number of times I looked, with a goal of 90 visits today. What a lark. But if it helps entertain a few of you here in the room and it gets us all through another day of waiting, then what the heck. I'm in! I'll take one for the team. But in my heart I knew that a May order of a 7 seater was just too much of a longshot to overcome. But in the back of my head, I hoped for a Christmas miracle. Just last week I saw an actual 7 seat refresh in person right here in the Chicago area. Why couldn't this happen right now? The recent posts indicating new VINs had me inspired. So even with low expectations, I logged back in.

I was shocked at what I found.

I can't even believe I was reading it.

I'm excited to share this with you all.

Tesla is going to suspend in car gaming while the car is in motion at the request of NHTSA.

Can you believe it????

PS No VIN today. 56 visits. No way to get to 90. Merry Christmas (Or happy holidays) everyone. May you all get your X soon. Isn't wanting something more fun than getting it? I'm hoping for FSD 10.8/waypoints/Model X UI for now.
I wish you would have posted a picture! I ordered my 7 seater in May as well. And I would be getting mine from Chicago too.

I wish you would have posted a picture! I ordered my 7 seater in May as well. And I would be getting mine from Chicago too.
A previous post had some great pictures of it. I stopped by in the evening and the lighting was pretty bad. Not a great picture of an awesome car!
1640358607158.png