Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So went to spy on my car today since the SC is 10 minutes from home. SA said it was being delivered to the center on the 26th about 5 days ago. It was sitting there in all its glory, a bit dirty from transport, but beautiful none the less. Everything looks aligned well. Pick up on Wednesday, but hoping for a call to get her tomorrow afternoon! Also EDD still says February.
Love the blue! If I were you, I’d be volunteering to cleaning it while it sits. Give it company.

The least they could do is give us updates similar to what they do for the FSD or for the UI, "two more weeks", "tweaking bugs", "chip shortage" 🤣

Anyways, it does not matter, Tesla seems to be the first one delivering anyways. If there was competition actually delivering from BMW iX7 or something it would be a no brainer to switch.
Funnily enough I currently have an X7 lease and if my x keeps getting delayed at this point I’d rather just get a new X7 and wait until tesla gets their s**t together😂

Reactions: LL#2 and Stro
So went to spy on my car today since the SC is 10 minutes from home. SA said it was being delivered to the center on the 26th about 5 days ago. It was sitting there in all its glory, a bit dirty from transport, but beautiful none the less. Everything looks aligned well. Pick up on Wednesday, but hoping for a call to get her tomorrow afternoon! Also EDD still says February.
amazing. congrats! switched to those rims when i changed to 6 seater - they look great. enjoy!!

Reactions: LL#2
New UI in my 3 is so annoying. I get that I’ll get used to it, but there are so many things that got worse. First, the font and positioning of information. For example, when you navigate, the ETA, minutes remaining, and miles remaining are all smushed together, making it hard to get any piece of that information at a glance. When I charged, the information about how much time was left was in small font at the top left; I’m used to being able to look in the driver’s window after it starts charging to get the time to charge (I know it’s also in my app). And the burying of controls that always visible or with one swipe like wipers, internet connection, trip info, sentry mode…whew! But Twitter is all: “the light show!!!! Thank you Elon!” I’m not seeing the appeal.

In refresh news, Tesla Rob on YouTube got his refresh.
Tesla Rob: X Refresh Delivery Day

I’m waiting on a W/B/7/20” ordered Memorial Day (end of May 2021), so just making myself comfortable around here.

I have 2 MXP orders with EDD in august and September. They are both 6 seats, one white /black another one black/white. I am willing to trade 2 orders for 1 MX or MXP that can be delivered by 12/31
So, two fully paid MXPs for one paid MX/MXP delivering this coming week? Sounds like a no-brainer for anyone taking delivery this coming week.

I remember when we had our first X and had to drive through snow. Uphill. Both ways.
lol it’s funny because I literally grew up so far below the poverty level that, for example, having store bought cereal (let alone new clothes) was fancy. But my parents loved us and I had an awesome childhood from climbing pecan trees to managing my own garden and building gadgets (including a functioning microphone!).

So while I want my kids (who have a very beautiful life) to have at least a degree of the wonder and appreciation I have for good things, I really HAVE to self-cap my comments or I would literally be talking their ears off about freezing in the winter, wearing multiple jackets, hats and gloves at the table, frozen water pipes, etc. It’s a truly difficult balance.

It’s a reason I hesitated to buy the X. Because relationships and family, not stuff, is what matters most.

So waiting for my X is waiting for my next challenge in teaching the kids that stuff is awesome but not the sole value in life. 😆

Attachments

• 44706CF9-223C-4AA4-9287-416A4F5D1B8A.jpeg
    44706CF9-223C-4AA4-9287-416A4F5D1B8A.jpeg
    374.1 KB · Views: 111
Hi - I've been reading the forum since around page 100 and I thought I would join to say hi and that I'm still waiting for a VIN. This car is for my wife / the family more than it is for me. I ordered in early August and received last month my Taycan Cross Turismo. Absolutely love it - though not really a practical car.
Welcome! When you can, enter your info here to give the group a better glimpse of who is all here. Thanks and look forward to sharing our frustration together.

Reactions: KidsEyeDr
Welcome! When you can, enter your info here to give the group a better glimpse of who is all here. Thanks and look forward to sharing our frustration together.

All done - thank you for the welcome! I tried to put my info in my signature, but no luck in figuring it out. Side note, did I read there is an App for this forum - I didn't find it on a quick search.

What’s the soonest anyone has received delivery of a MX from order date to delivery date? I’m seeing December deliveries from order dates of Jan/Feb this year but wonder if anyone has waited 1-2 months or less since production ramped up.
None that we know of here for 1-2 month wait. There were a couple summer orders that may have received delivery. Still a handful of us who ordered pre-refresh that have nothing.