Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
100% agreed. I think most of us are joking when we talk about checking with the CEO and happy wife etc. A healthy relationship should be a balance for sure.

That being said, my wife definitely doesn’t want to drive a red car lol.
Agreed. And mine hates Tesla with a passion. Mainly because her father is an executive in the oil and gas realm. Buuuuut, this man don’t care. I love Tesla for the tech, not because I want to hug trees. To each their own.

I will say that every time she’s had to drive my car, you could see she enjoyed it.

I hear you. I am so thankful for my life now. I endured 12 years of trying to live the "happy wife happy life". Did everything possible to make them happy, and when it wasn't enough then the physical and mental abuse would begin. I really don't want to go into the details of that here. I just want to say that you are not alone.

We prefer Happy spouse happy house, because it is a partnership with both being equal.
Thank you for sharing. 😭😓🤗 Healing is found in standing up and moving forward. And I would add, hearing about something is so different from experiencing it. That insight came to me a year or two after 9/11, I went with a group of medical students on a clinical rotation to upstate NY, and the attending discussed 9/11 with us. He cared, but we had watched in horror from the top of the dorm as the twin towers fell. We had walked among the rubble. We had volunteered at the NYC Office of the Chief Medical Examiner helping perform DNA testing on our fallen neighbors.

We wept. I wept. I could barely talk as I shook with rage at the evil. It is literal trauma and took years to heal.

The answer that helped me heal is to move forward with being the good person you are. We were good people before and we will be good people no matter what. Moving forward is healing.

Moving forward, where are our Model X’s Elon? 😝
Red/white LR 7-seater 20” FSD

Last edited:
I’ve barely touched my M3 since it got the update. I will say that from a UI/UX perspective, for some items they dropped the ball big time. Some items like Bluetooth are hidden well and require way too much clicking to get to
Devils Advocate Here: Keep in mind I don’t have a Tesla (yet, thanks Elon) AND I haven’t seen the updated UI, but wouldn’t it make sense to bury settings like Bluetooth? I feel like Bluetooth is something you set up once and then never touch again so it would make sense to stuff it in the back.

You mean you will place order in a blink of an eye!

And... You hope to conclude your purchase transaction before you have cataract lens replacement surgery, or before the next presidential election...
Oh my g*wddddddd.
🤣😫
Tesla needs more gigafactories. Tesla needs to make EVERYTHING in house. Idk.

Tesla needs to develop a world-class, customer-friendly logistics and tracking system.

Reactions: IAMCCF
Devils Advocate Here: Keep in mind I don’t have a Tesla (yet, thanks Elon) AND I haven’t seen the updated UI, but wouldn’t it make sense to bury settings like Bluetooth? I feel like Bluetooth is something you set up once and then never touch again so it would make sense to stuff it in the back.
Depends on your tech usage. I carry different phones for different uses. The car isn’t smart enough to always recognize which I’m using. But it’s not just Bluetooth but also Wi-Fi settings. That is in the weirdest place. The update deleted my wifi settings so I had to look for it and add my home again. You’ll see how unintuitive is it once you get yours. The location before this update was like every other tech you use.

Quick update: received VIN on 12/23 for delivery in Austin Ponds Spring SC. I don’t have delivery window setup yet, I called into Tesla customer care number and he said it’s in a logistics holding lot in Texas. He said it will be shipped from there to Austin and it is still scheduled for pick up by end of this month. Curious to know from other Texas VINners on how long it usually take to get the car once the care has arrived at the holding lot in Texas.

I was curious and did drive to the delivery lot for of the SC here this morning and saw 5 model Xs primed for delivery. Congratulations to whoever is getting those cars

Depends on your tech usage. I carry different phones for different uses. The car isn’t smart enough to always recognize which I’m using. But it’s not just Bluetooth but also Wi-Fi settings. That is in the weirdest place. The update deleted my wifi settings so I had to look for it and add my home again. You’ll see how unintuitive is it once you get yours. The location before this update was like every other tech you use.
Yeah I wish I was having wifi problems with my X right now. In a sad way, I’m really looking forward to it, 😂

So went to spy on my car today since the SC is 10 minutes from home. SA said it was being delivered to the center on the 26th about 5 days ago. It was sitting there in all its glory, a bit dirty from transport, but beautiful none the less. Everything looks aligned well. Pick up on Wednesday, but hoping for a call to get her tomorrow afternoon! Also EDD still says February.

Attachments

• 8988A51C-F568-43A8-904F-72C266B63509.jpeg
    8988A51C-F568-43A8-904F-72C266B63509.jpeg
    374.3 KB · Views: 96
  • C989EC9C-767F-490C-A1AD-8ABC8E844BD1.jpeg
    C989EC9C-767F-490C-A1AD-8ABC8E844BD1.jpeg
    679 KB · Views: 82
  • 5695A8B4-518A-4475-BA69-E98442FFED13.jpeg
    5695A8B4-518A-4475-BA69-E98442FFED13.jpeg
    643.5 KB · Views: 88
  • 31790F94-5F00-4944-97CF-2DCC1D3448E9.jpeg
    31790F94-5F00-4944-97CF-2DCC1D3448E9.jpeg