Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Given the massive negative feedback I’ve seen today on Twitter, maybe it’s just as well I’m still waiting on my Model X.

It sounds like some user interface designer at Tesla forgot about First Principles and has REALLY messed up the latest design.

I’m not even wanting this update on our Y.
I’ve barely touched my M3 since it got the update. I will say that from a UI/UX perspective, for some items they dropped the ball big time. Some items like Bluetooth are hidden well and require way too much clicking to get to it.

Reactions: KidsEyeDr
I disagree. You can give blanket updates. For example, “the reason we can’t deliver Plaids is because XYZ and we plan on hopefully starting production on XYZ. We will update you as that date approaches.” So easy yet so hard for Tesla. For a lot of us, it’s not our first Tesla experience. We have seen good before. In some cases, great. This is just pathetic.

The least they could do is give us updates similar to what they do for the FSD or for the UI, "two more weeks", "tweaking bugs", "chip shortage" 🤣

Anyways, it does not matter, Tesla seems to be the first one delivering anyways. If there was competition actually delivering from BMW iX7 or something it would be a no brainer to switch.

Given the massive negative feedback I’ve seen today on Twitter, maybe it’s just as well I’m still waiting on my Model X.

It sounds like some user interface designer at Tesla forgot about First Principles and has REALLY messed up the latest design.

I’m not even wanting this update on our Y.
I have it on my Model 3. And I like it. Like most new things, people complain until they get used to it.

I had mixed feelings when I read this post. I am happy finally we may be step closer to getting our deliveries. I am disappointed that there is no major update such as range, battery, brakes, etc. I am sure we would have heard with this new delivery if there was any update from refresh announcement year ago. Now it looks like it was just delayed. 😤 Still looking forward to finally becoming a Vinner. It is our turn to refresh 90 times per day!!! 😂

At first thought I wouldn't like the update but minus some menus being harder to access (1 or 2 more clicks) I think overall doesn't change much for me and aesthetically I like the colors.
Well, making a menu HARDER to access is a step in the wrong direction. I do like the idea of giving more options and customizability, but the baseline design should be better, not worse.

Reactions: jbrowdy and Niranga
Just for clarification.. for everyone raving about the V11 UI update - isn't it just the same update that all refreshed S and X cars already have? Is there something I am missing?

If this truly is the case thats cool but... without nitpicking the details I am not a fan of Tesla making the S/X refresh so similar to the 3/Y. They continue to make the S/X less appealing by making them more similar to their budget line. 😐 It seems every month the list of differences from S/X to 3/Y narrows.
Big picture I wonder if they are trying to push away / phase out the X all together.

Just for clarification.. for everyone raving about the V11 UI update - isn't it just the same update that all refreshed S and X cars already have? Is there something I am missing?

If this truly is the case thats cool but... without nitpicking the details I am not a fan of Tesla making the S/X refresh so similar to the 3/Y. They continue to make the S/X less appealing by making them more similar to their budget line. 😐 It seems every month the list of differences from S/X to 3/Y narrows.
Big picture I wonder if they are trying to push away / phase out the X all together.

V8 started the model 3 UI focus. V7 allowed S and X owners to do more in a more safe manner. Imagine having 3 apps open at once in the MCU? You choose the size and layout!

You also had development of the S/X IC display (it's own Tegra2) and allowing more and different UI in that stopped entirely. Now it's just badly ported over FSD Viz from the 3/Y and legacy UI with only 1 app now.

It's actually bizarre but it's a clear pattern of abandonment. We have the hardware to do more but it requires actual development.

lol true that! I’m blessed now with a good woman.

But just to be slightly more open: happy wife happy life only works if there is no psychological and physical abuse. 😞 There’s a little publicized epidemic of men enduring abuse, since men don’t talk much. I endured both.
Edit: I would add that now I also believe happy husband happy life. Fairness both ways; equity matters.
I hear you. I am so thankful for my life now. I endured 12 years of trying to live the "happy wife happy life". Did everything possible to make them happy, and when it wasn't enough then the physical and mental abuse would begin. I really don't want to go into the details of that here. I just want to say that you are not alone.

We prefer Happy spouse happy house, because it is a partnership with both being equal.

I hear you. I am so thankful for my life now. I endured 12 years of trying to live the "happy wife happy life". Did everything possible to make them happy, and when it wasn't enough then the physical and mental abuse would begin. I really don't want to go into the details of that here. I just want to say that you are not alone.

We prefer Happy spouse happy house, because it is a partnership with both being equal.
100% agreed. I think most of us are joking when we talk about checking with the CEO and happy wife etc. A healthy relationship should be a balance for sure.

That being said, my wife definitely doesn’t want to drive a red car lol.