Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Whoa....those were pretty intense footages you got there. Glad you are okay. Were you injured at all? Just curious to how safe the X is, especially in an accident like yours. Thanks!
Thank you! The impact was weird. What did me in was the 2nd impact where my head slammed against the steering wheel. Didn't take too much to knock me out for a moment and subsequent concussion. Still seeing a neurologist and chiropractor. What I will say though - the inside cabin of the car was untouched! The body of the X absorbed all of the damage quite well but the frame was bent to the point where the fire department had to cut the door off to get us out. But that is largely why I decided to buy another X - I can speak to how structurally sound and safe the car is! The one thing I will say is that I thought the airbags should have deployed but they did not. I am told that even though the impact was fast enough the impact sensors themselves were not hit hard enough.

Moral of the story, in retrospect - I am a firm believer that the Model X is one of the safest cars you can buy! If you know WhamBamTeslacam on Youtube he reposted my full story a 2nd time in his video today at 18:01 into the video.

I decided to take a trip to the Raleigh, NC SC to see if there were any X’s en route, but they said there were none currently in transit. However I was told that they delivered a white LR X last week. That’s the only one they’ve delivered. So it looks like at least one has made it here to NC.
Omg man. 😑 I’m getting mine delivered in Raleigh. Hopefully a big load gets sent our way soon

And I didn't expect White on White to be on top. Always thought White on Black would be #1.

View attachment 749670
I got a call from Tesla this morning asking if I wanted a White with Black LR, 22” Wheels this morning…I told them no and will wait for my blue with white as ordered. Hopefully somone in Orange County was able to grab the white one.

Reactions: ed.vz
If anyone with a refreshed X is in the Toronto area, please contact Tuxmat and let them scan your car. They will give you free mats. They need a car so they can begin production of the mats. Thanks.
At this point, Canadian deliveries haven't even begun. I think we're all marked as February or later. Of course, if any US deliveries who's making a side trip to the area might be the lucky candidate.

Reactions: stephenstohn
I don’t buy the argument that Tesla is all about profits. Clearly the quarterly numbers matter, and they made the decision to structure their deliveries to minimize the number of vehicles in transit over the quarterly boundary. But I can’t really blame them for that — wasn’t it Q1 2019 when the stock was utterly hammered due to lower deliveries due to a lot of cars on boats? And, big picture, they’re still shipping the same number of cars to all parts of the country over the course of the quarter, it’s not just a money-grab to leave the bulk of California deliveries to late in the quarter. The only reason we even notice is the ramp seems to have made a big jump late in the quarter by which time they were on mostly California.

The six seat thing… it makes sense to pick some one variation to go first. Maybe it was because of the price… maybe because they had more available… maybe because they make it in-house… maybe because it was most popular… maybe because the motorized seats give the best hi-tech impression… I don’t think we know but I have a hard time saying it’s just a money grab.

Also, they could have bent over backward to get the plaid out first. As we know, they had a year to accomplish it!

Finally, it may be that Mercedes or BMW give a better build and delivery experience for their products that are already ramped and on the market (I haven’t noticed stories about new or substantially refreshed models from legacy OEMs). But I don’t think the amount I spend on a product in and of itself justifies a different level of service. I would hope if Tesla gives a better delivery experience, even those who order a base Model 3 or future “Model 2” would get it — not just those laying down six figures. For some reason the “customers who spend $100k deserve more” argument rubs me the wrong way in a way that “Tesla can/should do better” doesn’t.

But, all that aside, I’m still waiting, and still not enjoying the minivan until such a time as my reservation number comes up. I hope the ramp continues to accelerate. :)
Makes little difference to me either way but I interpret the frustration with the spending $100k thing is: say you’re buying a purse which you could buy anywhere,but if you’re going to

It would also be interesting to add a FSD column as well to see if having FSD has any effect on deliveries.
These are numbers that have a VIN and how many out of those were FSD. Def strong on FSD.

1640815768324.png