Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Confirmed it was sold to another Houstonian. My delivery center choice screwed me. But that's ok. Hoping a white interior gets turned down as he told me he'll call me immediately as soon as ANY X is open.
Stro, After waiting this long I think you should get the exact config you want/ordered. If you got cream seats you would be settling. Six months from now you will be unhappy every time you look at those seats.

Picked it up at 5:30 tonight. She sure is beautiful. Going to do a through inspection tomorrow in the light of day, did notice and area on edge of windshield over the head of passenger that looks cracked, might need new windshield, pic below. Over all very very happy!! Covid hit our house this week, so didn’t “play” as much I had wished tonight.
Interestingly, my X had a very similar crack in the exact same spot that I noticed after delivery. Unfortunately Tesla refused to cover it so get in contact with them ASAP.

I was VINd 11/30. Removed FSD 12/1, because its not fully developed, only 10 percent buy it, autopilot suits my mostly hwy driving needs.
I was reVINed 12/14...delivery 12/27.
Someone eluded to this, but I think the biggest reason is I was a cash buyer and no trade in.
Poll the people...they probably are either financing or trading in or bith.
I'm cash/no trade in with FSD and original order date in October 2020 with an OG six seater order. I think taking delivery in Cincinnati is what is screwing me over probably. No VIN in sight.

I'm cash/no trade in with FSD and original order date in October 2020 with an OG six seater order. I think taking delivery in Cincinnati is what is screwing me over probably. No VIN in sight.
I’m day one 6 seat order with FSD and 22”, so pretty much highest $$$ before Plaid and all cash with no trade in and local in California. Have been told to expect March while site says Feb. I can’t find any common logic.

• Informative
Reactions: flippingrich
Just got a text asking if I’d want to take a Plaid S before year end while I wait.. I responded right away that I had been told to expect my X by year end previously and then by early 2022 and if they was still the case. He called me then…

His response was the same generic BS that I’m on a “priority list” with a pre refresh order.. no surprise. But he did slip some news, that most X they’ve delivered were made months ago and were waiting on final parts that are stuck in logistics backlogs, most notably airbags and carpeting..

*Edit - person who called is local in Fremont, asked for his title, he told me he is a Sr Sales Program Manager. So maybe has some actual real insight. Maybe peddling more junk. 🤷🏽‍♂️
Using this information AND the drone footage, this seems to be accurate.

The test track infield fills up with cars then we get a flood of VINS then the test track infield is empty. I think that it's ships arriving with critical parts, but they're only getting one shipment at a time.

For those of you hoping to get a call about someone 'turning down' their X so you have a chance. If you have it set to Cash Payment, but plan to pay via Financing, that may hinder that process as they are looking for quick turnarounds. We do have a few days left this month but keep that in mind. I called the SA that called @face4radio and they are trying to get me into it (even though I'm not a fan of creme interior). They asked me to switch my delivery center to be the one they are at (we have multiple in Houston). I couldn't do it via web or app. He also couldn't figure it out. So, he said he'd call me back in 30 seconds. It's been 20 minutes now. My guess is it'll go to someone already assigned to that delivery center. Sucks for me. But that opens new questions for me. If you have multiple delivery centers in your city, are you truly only limited to the one you supposedly picked when you first ordered (I honestly don't remember doing that)? If that's the case, it's gonna suck for me here in Houston.
I got an email in Junlytember saying that my delivery center had changed. They just opened a new one, but it's actually farther away from my house. I don't think that we have control on delivery center at all unfortunately

• Funny
Reactions: Stro and KidsEyeDr
I ordered a model X in June 2021. I am considering changing from the 22" wheels to the 20" cyberstream. The 20" cyberstream were not an option at the time I placed the order.

Do you think this would change delivery date? I spoke to local rep for Tesla and they said they could submit the request. I have not done this yet.
I also ordered in June 2021. I’ve changed my desired config 3 times but the EDD has not changed. So I’d say it’s safe to change your configuration, if you’re ok with paying whatever the current configuration costs.

I think my location isn’t helping my cause either.
Pre refresh order, OG 6 seater, cash and no trade.
I’ve seen my config with later orders delivered in IL but that’s still 8 hours transit away still.

Any big quality problems? Congrats!
Yesterday I started getting a message "Adaptive ride control disabled/Drive with caution" so I made a service appointment for tomorrow. The remote diagnosis says that I need "Air Spring Module - Front - RH (Remove & Replace)". Not crazy about them servicing it on the last day of the year but want to get it corrected as soon as possible.