Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I feel like it's probably a LOT cheaper and easier to just stick a plastic/leather/whatever attachment to the top of the yoke to go "full circle" rather than doing a full on replacement.
Great! I can see myself showing off my new Tesla to my friends with some wooden coat hanger thingy, duct taped to the top of my luxurious Yoke steering wheel...

What do I say when they ask me how much my X cost me??? And how long did I wait for this car???

Will any of my answers make me sound like a moron??? Hmmm....

To each their own! I for one think the yoke will be a HIGHLIGHT of the refresh.

Edit: I think the main actual problem I’ve read is the lack of a horn when you hit the center; only accessible through the little touch point.

I almost NEVER use my horn; I go years without using it. But recently in a parking lot I couldn’t move out of the way of somebody backing up rather quickly and had to instantly honk at them. It’s situations like this where you need the center not a tiny little touch point.
I heard you can cover the whole right side with your palm and the horn works? Have you tried that?

Waiting on my X just got more painful because
now I’m waiting on the next software update also because I’m not going to downgrade our Model Y current software to the 2021.44.25.2 (just got the download option) which is factually inferior (number of taps required, useful common stuff buried in menus). 😐

Reactions: Stro
To each their own! I for one think the yoke will be a HIGHLIGHT of the refresh.

Edit: I think the main actual problem I’ve read is the lack of a horn when you hit the center; only accessible through the little touch point.

I almost NEVER use my horn; I go years without using it. But recently in a parking lot I couldn’t move out of the way of somebody backing up rather quickly and had to instantly honk at them. It’s situations like this where you need the center not a tiny little touch point.
You can also honk the horn by covering all buttons on the right side of the yoke.
I heard you can cover the whole right side with your palm and the horn works? Have you tried that?
That's how it works in our Plaid. I haven't tried the regular S yet. I thought that functionality was in the owner's manual but when I just checked, I couldn't find that text.

I’m thinking of finding/designing an aftermarket horn mod for my X.
Here is a basic solution: you can even screw it onto dashboard...

Screenshot_20211230-090536_Chrome.jpg

😁😁😁

now I’m waiting on the next software update also because I’m not going to downgrade our Model Y current software to the 2021.44.25.2 which is factually inferior (number of taps required, useful common stuff buried in menus). 😐
I actually like the new UI. It is cleaner. Things like seat heat have an Auto mode so I never need to wonder why my butt is too warm.

Great! I can see myself showing off my new Tesla to my friends with some wooden coat hanger thingy, duct taped to the top of my luxurious Yoke steering wheel...
You got me thinking how to 3D print a wheel attachment in Carbon Fiber PETG... Unfortunately, my Prusa i3 isn't large enough to print it in one piece. Maybe I should pre-order a Prusa XL and see whether it gets to me sooner than the Model X. ;)

now I’m waiting on the next software update also because I’m not going to downgrade our Model Y current software to the 2021.44.25.2 (just got the download option) which is factually inferior (number of taps required, useful common stuff buried in menus). 😐
Don't worry about that small detail, your X will come with great new software: 2023.66.66.6 !!!

That’s cool but there’s a number of substantive drawbacks I’ve read about. One would be driver profiles. We switch between driver profiles all the time.
That is about the only thing I do not like. Right now we are sharing the 3 since the new X is "somewhere in the future". Once the X shows up I doubt I will be changing the driver profile in my wife's 3.

Reactions: KidsEyeDr