Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
View attachment 750468Last post I made about the refresh x flippers I was spot on, turns out the white one was actually more than 133K and now there’s a new blue one for right where I guessed it at 150k on the dot… this is kinda ridiculous how there’s about to be a whole lot of more people that get these that are wanting to just resell them for profit meanwhile the people that want and need them so they can keep it will be waiting an extremely long wait
The issue is that there are some people with small businesses like myself that would pay 10-20k premium for one because getting the car this year would save me 50k in tax liability. If someone had one for sale in my area, I would likely buy it.

I thought the profiles could be linked to the key/phone. This is a big deal for me since I am 6'5" and my wife is 5'3". This is going to be my first Tesla, but I read that somewhere. It works that way in our current non-Tesla cars.
Ok wow don’t worry. I just installed the update . It’s FINE. I am blown away, once again. Sometimes some people exaggerate problems greatly.

My opinion: to those who have another Tesla, go ahead and update your other Tesla while waiting for your Model X! I was really worried about the 2021.44.25.6 update based on the HUGE negative Twitter feedback about worse UI/menus. I wasn’t going to install it.

But today I was like ok whatever I’m just going to give it a chance, and it’ll be improved with future updates anyway. So I installed it in my wife’s Y.

And OMG. People complain ridiculously about the most minor things. Yes in the 2021.44.25.6 update there’s a few minor negatives that need to be improved but even then, as an example, my wife found the driver profiles literally in two seconds.

And we got FSD!!!! Thank you Elon and team!!! 🤩🥳

The issue is that there are some people with small businesses like myself that would pay 10-20k premium for one because getting the car this year would save me 50k in tax liability. If someone had one for sale in my area, I would likely buy it.
Word of warning: the IRS caught on to the blip in Model X’s being bought by small business owners and updated their rules. See <several hundred pages ago in this thread>

Ok wow don’t worry. I just installed the update . It’s FINE. I am blown away, once again. Sometimes some people exaggerate problems greatly.
I don't like it, but i'm sure that is just because it is different, and I need to learn where everything is again, and then it will be fine. I have a tire pressure warning and can't figure out how to see what the pressure actually is, but i'm sure it is somewhere.

I don't like it, but i'm sure that is just because it is different, and I need to learn where everything is again, and then it will be fine. I have a tire pressure warning and can't figure out how to see what the pressure actually is, but i'm sure it is somewhere.
Legit. And yes the tire pressure being buried in menus is a definite step backward.

No idea where it is in the new X menus, but be sure to check with a manual gauge. Might be a faulty sensor. We had one go bad and Tesla Mobile Tire service came over and replaced it.

• Helpful
Reactions: KidsEyeDr
View attachment 750468Last post I made about the refresh x flippers I was spot on, turns out the white one was actually more than 133K and now there’s a new blue one for right where I guessed it at 150k on the dot… this is kinda ridiculous how there’s about to be a whole lot of more people that get these that are wanting to just resell them for profit meanwhile the people that want and need them so they can keep it will be waiting an extremely long wait
I'm quite seriously considering putting in a new order today, and once I get a new VIN, seeing what my current X would sell for once I have it.. There will be quite a backlog for some time, and if the market challenges continue, there will always be someone willing to pay a premium to get it now.

• Informative
Reactions: studioloft
No way! I didn’t know you could use an Xbox controller. Somewhere I saw/dreamed that Tesla was/is coming out with their own controllers

Edit sorry quoted wrong post lol
I’ve been able to use a newer Xbox controller using a usbc cable to hard wire it to my refreshed S for the front screen. I plugged it into the rear seat usbc but it didn’t work for the rear screen. I didn’t try very hard as I was leaving a doctor appt for one of my kids and was quickly trying so he could play CatQuest on the way home.

Hi Y'all,
I took delivery in Irvine yesterday and spent 8 hours driving/sitting in the X. While much of it was spent in gridlock traffic it was heavenly!

Upon inspection the 22" wheel inserts were not in the wheels. They were all stored in a cardboard box in the frunk. The Tesla associate informed me they thought their customers would like the look without inserts better. I am going to drive for a few weeks without them and then add the inserts to see if there is any significant difference in Wh/mi. The 22's are gorgeous. I really love the big wheel look both in high and low suspension positions.

The key cards were in the front center console between cupholders and screen. The two fob keys were in the glovebox. The tow hitch and travel charger were sitting in the trunk.

Some of the rubber sealing along the body of the FWD were uneven. I was able to run my fingers along it and secure it well.

Everything was spot on with the exception of the mud I tracked into the car by accident while inspecting (rainy day pickup in Irvine) 🤦‍♂️

One interesting quirk was that both front doors could not close themselves initially. The door would swing shut but the latch would not engage and the door would pop back open. Next I pushed the door shut and the latch engaged. After opening the door again it was able to close/latch at the push of a button and has ever since. I was about to panic and run back into the service center but was relieved after they started working properly.

I am on vacation for next few days but will post more of my experiences after a lengthy drive home with the family.

Happy New Years to all!!!

Could you please share some details? Do I need any specific version of X-Box controllers? Will this enable gaming on the rear screen?
Here are some options. You’ll get the idea when you see this list.

FEAE2247-44CA-4625-8EA0-A52527138334.jpeg
CF9963F6-C64F-455D-8881-7956972C5904.jpeg
10C66600-F0F7-4DC7-B7B3-387B7846C21B.jpeg